Fallout New Vegas, NCR Veteran Ranger Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man everytime I check in on this it gets better and better. I'm loving it and I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing put together. Major props to you.

I'm not sure if you noticed this, you probably mentioned it but I was too busy drooling over the 13 pages of awesomeness, but the sleeves of this outfit look rather tight-fitting ingame. I think he has some extra armor underneath the sleeves, and the straps and armor on the outside as well. Because I don't think his forearms are perfectly cylindrical. That's pretty easy to replicate though if your arms aren't massive, because nobody knows what's underneath the armor...

Yeahm working on the sleeves.
i've already got the armor planned, and i am considering a sleeve of foam wrapped around my forearm to bulk it out alittle.

noting huge this time, been too busy with XMas stuff.

a few shots to show ho things are going, i got my spandex hood this morning, but these shots were taken last night, so weren't in the shot.

PA250672.jpg

PA250675.jpg

The LEDs are really bright.
PA250676.jpg

Attachments

• PA250672.jpg
    PA250672.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 725
  • PA250676.jpg
    PA250676.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 226
  • PA250675.jpg
    PA250675.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 201
Amazing work, but I got some questions;

where do you get the EVA foam? (link? Store? Home Depot???)
Is there a specific way to shape the foam without (or with, whatever) power tools? Oh, & how in general...
The most recent pictures were taken in a mirror, right?

Amazing work, but I got some questions;

where do you get the EVA foam? (link? Store? Home Depot???)
Is there a specific way to shape the foam without (or with, whatever) power tools? Oh, & how in general...
The most recent pictures were taken in a mirror, right?

i think almost all of your questions are answered through this entire thread.
the foam was from harbor freight.
the rest, you'll have to dig through my thread a little.

edit, also yeah, i took those last quick shots in the mirror, you can see me holding the camera, heh.

started work painting... and kind of finished alot of it, too..
the helmet is getting some rust and dirt over it, as you can see, as well as the grey/blue of the armor.

PA280686.jpg

if people have good techniques making rust effects, please feel free to share them, i don't mind what ive done, but theres always room for improvement.
PA280687.jpg

once the stencils are added, this should be finished..
PA280688.jpg

some light work on the armor plates for the arms.
still alot to go.
PA280689.jpg

this should make people happy.
PA280690.jpg

i'm really not happy with my lettering.. does ANYONE know where to get either a fine detail stencil or stick on letters from a an actual physical store? (not enough time to mail order them i think)

PA280691.jpg

more lettering
PA280693.jpg

i feel kind of cheap for being almost done with the mask.. i want to do more to it, but i have no idea what else to do,
i feel like i'm missing a detail or just being kind of lazy with it, since it's the focal point of the project and costume.. but compared to construction, it was very easy and fast to paint.
PA280694.jpg

Attachments

• PA280690.jpg
    PA280690.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 222
  • PA280689.jpg
    PA280689.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 211
  • PA280688.jpg
    PA280688.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 240
  • PA280687.jpg
    PA280687.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 218
  • PA280686.jpg
    PA280686.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 225
  • PA280691.jpg
    PA280691.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 240
  • PA280693.jpg
    PA280693.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 221
  • PA280694.jpg
    PA280694.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 203
Do you have a scrapbook or craft store in your town? Ask if they have a machine that can custom cutout letter stencils for you. There is a scrapbook store a few hours away that I visit that does this. They only charge a few bucks per sheet cut.

They would also have plastic, non custom, font stencils too.

I think it looks amazing. The reason you feel like you r missing something is because you haven't done the eyes yet, once you do them it will be completed. I think the glowing eyes is a huge part to the mask.

Ithica

that paint job rocks.. i am just amazed at the detail. outstanding job! can't wait to see the finished product

HOLY BALLZ! Man, I was wrong to underestimate your skillage! This looks great!!!! And dont worry man, the stencils look awesome (hand done stencils add your own touch of orginality to the piece)! I highly doubt you need to add anything more for two reasons... For one, I agree with Ithica, I think you'll be feeling its complete once you get the lights in! Also I think that (in my opinion), if you add anything more that it miiiiiigggghhhhttt be overdoing it a tad-bit... Besides that, looks great! Keep up the great work man, looking forward to some new updates!!! =D

Over doing it or not Altair, this looks way to kicka-- :D

Kommissar, i have an idea for a letter stencil, if you have Microsoft Office Word, there is a military style stencil font, just type up what you want, print it, and with a exacto knife, just cut out the black part of the letters, and use whats left as a stencil.

AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! where was I.... I think I was in a hole for the past week and a half.... but what hole would be deep enough for me not to hear the angle's sing from the heavens of the glory that has blessed this forum... What glory you ask, well the glory that is the grand armor of Kommissar. the one true waste ranger amoung us mear waste settlers. Sir you have preformed above and beyond the call of duty. I aspire to be you... in a totaly not creeperstalker way of course. *cough*. but ya good job...

Kommissar, I think your helmet's off color, the in game model is an olive color.

RangerCombatArmor.png

Attachments

• RangerCombatArmor.png
    RangerCombatArmor.png
    895.2 KB · Views: 337
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back