ODST for my kids WIP Completed (more photos Page 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE THESE COSTUMES LOOK SICK! As soon as i can, I am doing the pepakura, and as for weapons, nerf guns work great! I was wondering how much that foam was because i will need to use something like that for my chest piece. I have motocross armor for padding underneath and i will put ODST armor over it, but i need the chest piece or at least the foam shoulder-straps. thanks

You can get these foam from automotive stores and hardware stores. I bought mine from KMart. I know Harbor Freight Tools carry some too. They can cost between $20-$25 per pack. Each pack can be between 4-6 pieces. Hope that helps.

You can get these foam from automotive stores and hardware stores. I bought mine from KMart. I know Harbor Freight Tools carry some too. They can cost between $20-$25 per pack. Each pack can be between 4-6 pieces. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I will look into it!

I decided to do something different. My kids want me to make some grenades. Did some search and found only 2 grenades. The H3 grenade is just a simple pineapple grenade. Then I found M9.
M9Grenade.jpg

I bought a few 3 inch styrofoam balls. They are just the right size.
IMG_3204.jpg

I cut some foamies and glued them to the ball.
IMG_3206.jpg

I sprayed some plasti dip. The styrofoam melts a little, which also provides even more realistic surface. Just some green paint and some chrome wash and it is good to go.
b42d32fe.jpg

Now I need to make another one.

Attachments

• M9Grenade.jpg
    M9Grenade.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 187
  • b42d32fe.jpg
    b42d32fe.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 183
Hey! First off, let me just say that you are one of the best dad's EVER! Your kids are very lucky to have you. I wish that i could pep as well as you can! They must be very ready for Halloween! Keep up the great work!

2 more weeks to Halloween. Decided to have my kids trying out the costumes. Need to make sure they can move in them. Found out that the stomach plates fell off on one of the costumes due to hot glue fail.

Enjoy.

ODST_1.jpg

ODST_2.jpg

ODST_3.jpg

ODST_4.jpg

ODST_5.jpg

ODST_6.jpg

ODST_7.jpg

ODST_8.jpg

ODST_9.jpg

ODST_10.jpg

Attachments

• ODST_2.jpg
    ODST_2.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 153
  • ODST_1.jpg
    ODST_1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 320
  • ODST_3.jpg
    ODST_3.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 261
  • ODST_7.jpg
    ODST_7.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 169
  • ODST_5.jpg
    ODST_5.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 189
  • ODST_4.jpg
    ODST_4.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 678
  • ODST_6.jpg
    ODST_6.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 171
  • ODST_10.jpg
    ODST_10.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 162
  • ODST_8.jpg
    ODST_8.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 170
  • ODST_9.jpg
    ODST_9.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 229
You're the best dad ever. Would you adopt me? lol.

But seriously, the suits look amazing, and so do the weapons. Awesome job! and good thing you found out about the hot glue failure before halo-ween!

You're the best dad ever. Would you adopt me? lol.

But seriously, the suits look amazing, and so do the weapons. Awesome job! and good thing you found out about the hot glue failure before halo-ween!

Thanks. I've done so much for my kids sometimes I wonder if I should make something for myself. :)

I always know the hot glue method is not the best. I was hoping it would last longer. Unfortunately I'm too busy this week to fix the problems. Hopefully I can fix everything by next week, before halloween.

This... This is too legit to quit.

I wish I suddenly shrunk in order to fit the black suit ;P

Awesome Job!

Those look pretty good.

However, I would like to point out a mistake with the placement of the ab plates on both costumes. The middle piece is correct, but it's the pieces you have on either side. For example, let's look at the red recon ODST.............those blue pieces for the ab plates need to switch places. Same for the regular ODST. :p

That's the only oddity I noticed, but those suits came out lookin pretty nice! :) They should get EXTRA candy for Halo-ween. XD I know if I was passing out candy and kids came to my door dressed as Spartans or another Halo related costume, I would give extra candy! XD haha

However, I would like to point out a mistake with the placement of the ab plates on both costumes. The middle piece is correct, but it's the pieces you have on either side. For example, let's look at the red recon ODST.............those blue pieces for the ab plates need to switch places. Same for the regular ODST. :p

Thank you for your comments. I actually had them switched as you suggested because they looked that way until someone in earlier post pointed out that they were incorrectly placed. I checked some reference photos and he was right. So the placement of these plates are correct now. Then again I wasn't aim to make the most accurate ODST since my kids just wear them for Halloween. Thank you again for checking my work. ;)

Actually the flaw are the shins. They are a tad too big. My kids cannot really walk in them. I had to trim the edges.

Today they were supposed to Trick or Treat on our town main street. it is raining now. So much for showing off. :(

Halo-ween came and went, and I was exhausted even though it was my kids who wore the 10 lb costume. They had fun at school and karate, and I was pleased that the suit lasted that long. Nothing broke only some straps fell off. The only thing that I could have done better are the shins. My kids could hardly walk in them. :)

I took some photos but never gotten a chance to grab them off my camera. Here is a shot of them (using my crappy iPhone camera) at their karate party. Can you spot them?

5c07e660.jpg

Attachments

• 5c07e660.jpg
    5c07e660.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 155
Wow they look fantastic and I hope they had a lot of fun last night. I know I did but the bad thing was I am the only spatan there nobody else.:(

Wow they look fantastic and I hope they had a lot of fun last night. I know I did but the bad thing was I am the only spatan there nobody else.:(

Well, maybe it is time to recruit some Spartans in your town.

My kids had fun, especially the Trunk N Treat at school. Too bad the freak snow on Saturday cancelled my town Halloween event. I'm sure they would have won the "originality" costume contest. Next year I'm going to do your foam method. Hopefully this way my kids can wear the costumes longer. My older son will be a Mando and my younger son will be an updated Master Chief.

I guess people in my city isn't a big fan of Halo or it is too hard for them to make their own costume because most of The costumes I saw are store bought costumes.

Just to share more photos of my kids in their costumes.

All laid on the floor...
IMG_1975.jpg

My 7 year old without the thighs and shins at school parade.
IMG_1996.jpg

My 10 year old gave the Hayabusa helmet to his best friend.
IMG_2007.jpg

Another shot at school parade.
IMG_2029.jpg

Get ready for Trunk or Treat at school.
IMG_2052.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1975.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 238
Again, fantastic work with the kids costumes. I might end up making costumes for my 9-year-old and 6-year-old cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back