Attaching a shoulder pieces together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxastheman

Jr Member
What would you best recomendation be for attaching a reach defult shoulder to a shoulder piece such as a Mark V or ODST. I was thinking just glueing them together before resining or attaching after resin but i would like your opinions before i make any decisions.

What I'm planning on doing is making both pieces completely and then attaching them with a strong epoxy. I don't imagine it will have any trouble; an epoxy is normally stronger than rondo.

Sure thing. I'm sure there are other ways to do it so obviously if you want to look around for something else, I'm sure you could find something.

Well dont attach them until after you have them both totally fiberglass or rondoed and painted. You dont want them to get crushed or take damage because they are not hard. I would use Velcro. That way you can have interchangeable parts for your armor. If not epoxy or resin will do just fine but you still want them done all the way first.

I did consider velcro but then i thought if i were to go to somewhere crowded then it might have a possibility of falling off or i might have to keep on adjusting the piece so it doesn't fall off.

It helps to make it removable, or interchangeable. My mk VI was screwed on, and the screws on the shoulder pad went through small holes in the shoulder, then a nut was tightened on the inside of the shoulder, and the screw was shortened so it didnt poke through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back