Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see the suit up thorn! And then your next build...it's going to be amaaaaaaaazing I'm sure! :)

And I hope you heal up to 100% soon!

Idk it you intended for it to look like it but you spartan looks like a it`s for the desert and i think thats an awsome color
Thank you, drunkspartan.
The color for this build is multi. I't hard to show you just how much it changes color. But to let everyone in on the secret, The silver reflects the colors around it. Yes that's right SILVER there is no gray on the hard shell, it is hammered steel paint. That with the mat finish reflects light in ways that will even fool the camera. :D
Can't wait to see the suit up thorn! And then your next build...it's going to be amaaaaaaaazing I'm sure! :)

And I hope you heal up to 100% soon!

Thank you LilTyrant,
And the good news is that on 08-27-12 I will be doing a photo shoot out in the park so we should have some nice looking pic's for you real soon. :cool

WOW! I've seen your suit before, but your whole thread is amazing. So much info for the gleaning. Thank you for sharing ;)

WOW! I've seen your suit before, but your whole thread is amazing. So much info for the gleaning. Thank you for sharing ;)

Thank you kindly, gliderx64
I try to make my build page easier to navigate, and in a way that others can see what I did to build my armor. So needless to say it's great when people like you, read threw it and have something so positive to say. :)

Some fantastic work here, Thorn. I've learned so much from reading through this thread, and I can't wait to start putting some of this knowledge to use. Looking forward to your next build!

Some fantastic work here, Thorn. I've learned so much from reading through this thread, and I can't wait to start putting some of this knowledge to use. Looking forward to your next build!

Thank you kindly Sangheilioz.:D

Wow it's been awhile, But that's ok because it's Photo time. :cool

th_DSC_8977.jpgth_DSC_8969.jpgth_DSC_8968.jpgth_DSC_8967.jpgth_DSC_8962.jpgth_DSC_8960.jpgth_DSC_8957.jpgth_DSC_8956.jpgth_DSC_8954.jpg

th_DSC_8977.jpg

th_DSC_8969.jpg

th_DSC_8968.jpg

th_DSC_8967.jpg

th_DSC_8962.jpg

th_DSC_8960.jpg

th_DSC_8957.jpg

th_DSC_8956.jpg

th_DSC_8954.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What not enuff ok Then try this ;)

DSC_8955.jpg

th_DSC_8951.jpgth_DSC_8950.jpgth_DSC_8948.jpgth_DSC_8943.jpgth_DSC_8942.jpgth_DSC_8941.jpgth_DSC_8940.jpgth_DSC_8937.jpgth_DSC_8935.jpgth_DSC_8934.jpgth_DSC_8936.jpg

Don't let your dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....
Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)
I'll post the outside Photos later. :cool

DSC_8955.jpg

th_DSC_8951.jpg

th_DSC_8950.jpg

th_DSC_8948.jpg

th_DSC_8943.jpg

th_DSC_8942.jpg

th_DSC_8941.jpg

th_DSC_8940.jpg

th_DSC_8937.jpg

th_DSC_8935.jpg

th_DSC_8934.jpg

th_DSC_8936.jpg

That is quite awesome thorn! Everything looks great together and it looks like you have some good range of motion, too. Big thumbs up to you!!! :D

*stares open mouthed* ...... WOW! Man thorn your armor looks great! :) Fantastic job! I wish you lived closer, i would try and become your apprentice lol

I cant wait to see those outside pics :)

As always. . . . JUST MORE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!! :p Great looking pics, Thorn!
Thank you Spartan 127. You're son's build is looking awesome as well.:)
*stares open mouthed* ...... WOW! Man thorn your armor looks great! :) Fantastic job! I wish you lived closer, i would try and become your apprentice lol

I cant wait to see those outside pics :)
Thank you Mstruvmgc. It would be great to have some prop's builders closer to me, I feel so alone here....Well till Youmacon that is then 10-15,000 people come out of the woodwork. :D Live the dream my friend.
That is quite awesome thorn! Everything looks great together and it looks like you have some good range of motion, too. Big thumbs up to you!!! :D

Thank you LilTyrant. Coming from the best Foam builder to date, that means allot. I'm Loving the "Work of Art" you have going.:cool

Going outside the box

DSC_8904.jpg

th_DSC_8910.jpgth_DSC_8906.jpgth_DSC_8907.jpgth_DSC_8903.jpgth_DSC_8902.jpgth_DSC_8899.jpg

th_DSC_8900.jpgth_DSC_8923.jpgth_DSC_8922.jpgth_DSC_8919.jpgth_DSC_8928.jpgth_DSC_8901.jpg
Till next time.
Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if Your just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....

DSC_8904.jpg

th_DSC_8910.jpg

th_DSC_8906.jpg

th_DSC_8907.jpg

th_DSC_8903.jpg

th_DSC_8902.jpg

th_DSC_8899.jpg

th_DSC_8900.jpg

th_DSC_8923.jpg

th_DSC_8922.jpg

th_DSC_8919.jpg

th_DSC_8928.jpg

th_DSC_8901.jpg

*trips on jaw!!!!!!!*
OMG dude this has to be the best looking reach build to date! The paint job takes it far beyond any of the other builds I have seen. I wish I had your talents/patients for my Masterchief paint scheme.

One thing that I must say that is niggling at me is are you not going to fill in the gaps with an undersuit of sorts for the thighs and legs. Ofc it doesn't matter that it's the standard spandex undersuit showing through but it's a shame that there isn't something under there as you have made such an effort with the top half.

Either way tres bon monsieur,
Tom.

Wow! That is a steller kit my friend!!! Very nicely done!
And is it just me, or are you off a golf course? xD

Thank you guys. I can feel the Love from here... And it feels good:D

Ok this is going to be a BIG update so I'm going to do a double post. On this one it will be just the thigh straps. Then I will post the M6 THORN custom a foam board build. On the second post so that I can fit as many pic's as I can

The thigh straps are the finishing touch to the side pouch. To add them in I had to burn the 4 holes in the front and 4 in the back to match the ref. pic. Then I marked my holes and drilled out the thighs. From there I just added some Chicago screws and washers to attach them. So here are the 2 basic pic's to show them to you.

Side note: the straps came with the pouch.

th_IMAG1009.jpgth_IMAG1010.jpg

So there you have it and now I will be posting the side arm pic's in the next post so this will take a few min's to write it up and load the pic's. see you in a bit.

The link to were I got the idea for pouch -->http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33006-Jun-Armor-WEP-(WIP-PIC-HEAVY)/page4 Thank you again Kroforce.

Direct link -->http://combatgearing.com/utility-dr...-p-5038.html?zenid=hu4e4ct5ck3sj1jmusome3tgu5(out of stock right now but you can try later)

Havent been in here for a long looong time! But i see u ripping off my thigh bag attatchment :D Your weathering and attachment turned out gr8! Its cool to see that you are stil making adjustments and new attachments to your halo build. Keep it up, really enjoy watching your new pics!

th_IMAG1009.jpg

th_IMAG1010.jpg

YAY outside pics!! Omg its so green there! im jealous lol. Looking fantastic thorn. So were you shooting a flying elite out of the sky? or just birds lol

*trips on jaw!!!!!!!*
OMG dude this has to be the best looking reach build to date! The paint job takes it far beyond any of the other builds I have seen. I wish I had your talents/patients for my Masterchief paint scheme.

One thing that I must say that is niggling at me is are you not going to fill in the gaps with an undersuit of sorts for the thighs and legs. Ofc it doesn't matter that it's the standard spandex undersuit showing through but it's a shame that there isn't something under there as you have made such an effort with the top half.

Either way tres bon monsieur,
Tom.
Thank you Drake
And yes I agree with you on the spandex. That's what I get for listening to the masses. It made my legs look way to small. I will be using my faded black BDU's from now on. And as to the Paint well that's what I enjoy doing. I just had to build this whole thing so I had something to paint ;)
Wow! That is a steller kit my friend!!! Very nicely done!
And is it just me, or are you off a golf course? xD
Thank you. The location was a friends back yard. But thanks for the idea, I live across the street to a Golf course.
Havent been in here for a long looong time! But i see u ripping off my thigh bag attatchment :D Your weathering and attachment turned out gr8! Its cool to see that you are stil making adjustments and new attachments to your halo build. Keep it up, really enjoy watching your new pics!
Thank you Kroforce.
LOL. It's only stealing when you don't give credit.... Hmm on that note I'll have to change the color and make that credit a little bigger ;) It was a great idea and worked out well.
Thank's again for the link.:cool

YAY outside pics!! Omg its so green there! im jealous lol. Looking fantastic thorn. So were you shooting a flying elite out of the sky? or just birds lol
Thank you Mstruvmgc
Lol, As to the pose...well I can only do what comes natural, Aim High:D
But back to the question I really do need to work on some more poses, I have no idea how you all do that. Remember this is my first Cosplay this is all new to me.

Dam Bird's

Now for the slide show to put it all together.

Till next time.
Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....[
FONT="Arial Black"] Your Dreams are always within REACH. ;)

And finely here are the green screen pic's to be Photoshop'd at a later date. Now I just have to learn how to used Photoshop. (And yes I know the screen was a little small it was a last minute thing). :$
th_DSC_8992.jpgth_DSC_8991.jpgth_DSC_8990.jpgth_DSC_8989.jpgth_DSC_8988.jpgth_DSC_8987.jpgth_DSC_8986.jpgth_DSC_8985.jpgth_DSC_8984.jpgth_DSC_8983.jpgth_DSC_8982.jpg

This concludes the Photo shoot pic's Next update on Pic's should be in Nov. after Youmacon. :cool

Till next time.
Build something....

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions. Or if Your just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for all the fun on this build, and remember.....

th_DSC_8992.jpg

th_DSC_8991.jpg

th_DSC_8990.jpg

th_DSC_8989.jpg

th_DSC_8988.jpg

th_DSC_8987.jpg

th_DSC_8986.jpg

th_DSC_8985.jpg

th_DSC_8984.jpg

th_DSC_8983.jpg

th_DSC_8982.jpg

Those outdoor shots look awesome! I'm especially digging the candid feel of the ones by the tree. Can't wait to see what you do with those green screen pics :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back