Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very excellent progress Thorn696!
Everything looks clean, crisp, well detailed and your scaling seems to be perfect.
Keep it up and your on your way to being a great Spartan!

:)

I'd like to take the time to say thank you to everyone for there input, Now I know that I'm still on track with the build.

LongShot-X
Very excellent progress Thorn696!
Everything looks clean, crisp, well detailed and your scaling seems to be perfect.
Keep it up and your on your way to being a great Spartan!
Coming from you LongShot-X this means alot, Thanks.

Road Kill
Amazing progress and it looks like the armor all fits perfectly, keep up the fantastic work man =D

mkshane81
Making some nice progress sir. Proportions look pretty good from the pictures. Keep it up buddy, you're trucking along a good clip.

sildeo
looks pretty good to me keep it up cant wait to see the thigh pieces

(Edit 03-28-11)

Well........I have good news and I have bad news for this week end. Good news is I have 2 real nice thighs pep'd. Bad news is some how there BOTH right thighs. So it looks like I'm going to be a week and half behind on the build.

Hey Thorn, the armor is looking crazy man! And by the way, the sizing looks spot on too. Sorry about your little thigh incident bro. But look at it this way, at least it's only 1 thigh, and not the whole suit. Keep your head up buddy. Keep on peppin'!

Bad news is some how there BOTH right thighs. So it looks like I'm going to be a week and half behind on the build.

Sorry to hear that! I bet you were pretty annoyed when you realized it. I'm sure you know that it's pretty much expected to have to make mistakes and re-do parts; we've all been there and feel your pain. Keep up the great work!

Has anyone else had a hard time with the forearms? I can get the length but then my arm wont fit in it, or I can get my arm to fit in it but then its to long. I'm thinking about just harding two of these then grinding them down to fit my arm.

What if you get the length right and split the model and add paper before you harden so that your arm fits in it? Just a thought. Anyways, great work so far.

I normally do as blackula suggests when I have that issue, and it may help to try a different file. The ruze forearms are pretty good.

What if you get the length right and split the model and add paper before you harden so that your arm fits in it? Just a thought.

For the Forearms, I just went a little long then grounded off the ends a bit. Then I re-cored them. Came out fine. of course you're method probably would have been easier. Thanks I'll Keep that in mind for the next build.

Well I couldn't go a whole weekend with out something so I worked on the collar in the few hours that I had left.

th_IMAG0281.jpgth_IMAG0280.jpgth_IMAG0282.jpgth_IMAG0285.jpgth_IMAG0288.jpgth_IMAG0283.jpg

Thanks again to Nick Nack Patty Wack for the idea/design concept.
Collar design by: Nick Nack Patty Wack (page 3)
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...D-Comic-Con-11

Well, Till next weekend...... where Hopefully I will have a LEFT thigh pep'd and ready for smooth cast 321. Stay safe.

Attachments

• th_IMAG0281.jpg
    th_IMAG0281.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 245
  • th_IMAG0280.jpg
    th_IMAG0280.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 238
  • th_IMAG0282.jpg
    th_IMAG0282.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 257
  • th_IMAG0285.jpg
    th_IMAG0285.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 247
  • th_IMAG0288.jpg
    th_IMAG0288.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 258
  • th_IMAG0283.jpg
    th_IMAG0283.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 229
looks great man, keep it up =D
about the thighs, all you have to do in pepakura is go to the 2d menu on the toolbar and go down to where it says invert pattern and if you just click that, it should change where each piece will go and just pep and you should have 2 thighs one for each leg
hope this helped and keep up the good work =D

-Road Kill

looks great man, keep it up =D
about the thighs, all you have to do in pepakura is go to the 2d menu on the toolbar and go down to where it says invert pattern and if you just click that, it should change where each piece will go and just pep and you should have 2 thighs one for each leg
hope this helped and keep up the good work =D

-Road Kill

Yes I found that when I looked at my files even tho 1 said left and the other right, they were both right in designer. I inverted and now have the pep on the printer ready for next weekend. Good looking out tho, if I was doing a long night I probably would have printed another right (marked left).

For the Forearms, I just went a little long then grounded off the ends a bit. Then I re-cored them. Came out fine. of course you're method probably would have been easier. Thanks I'll Keep that in mind for the next build.

Well I couldn't go a whole weekend with out something so I worked on the collar in the few hours that I had left.

th_IMAG0281.jpgth_IMAG0280.jpgth_IMAG0282.jpgth_IMAG0285.jpgth_IMAG0288.jpgth_IMAG0283.jpg

Thanks again to Nick Nack Patty Wack for the idea/design concept.
Collar design by: Nick Nack Patty Wack (page 3)
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...D-Comic-Con-11

Well, Till next weekend...... where Hopefully I will have a LEFT thigh pep'd and ready for smooth cast 321. Stay safe.

Whoa man, that collar looks great on the chest. You really did an awesome job on it. I have a feeling you won't be the only on copying Nick Nack's neck seal idea.

Attachments

• th_IMAG0280.jpg
    th_IMAG0280.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 238
  • th_IMAG0282.jpg
    th_IMAG0282.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 225
  • th_IMAG0285.jpg
    th_IMAG0285.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 248
  • th_IMAG0288.jpg
    th_IMAG0288.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 253
  • th_IMAG0283.jpg
    th_IMAG0283.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 237
  • th_IMAG0281.jpg
    th_IMAG0281.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 236
Thank You for the credit, Im happy I inspired You. Its looks great. Its a improvement over mines. How long did it take you to glue each strip on? It took me like 2 hours lol

oh ok, yah that is what i saw also when i got the pep file so i just decided to invert one of them and keep it like that

Oh wow.... how can I describe this in words! They looks so amazing! Can't wait to see them finish! YAY you make me really jelly!

Thank You for the credit, Im happy I inspired You. Its looks great. Its a improvement over mines. How long did it take you to glue each strip on? It took me like 2 hours lol

It took my aprox. 3 hours but I've seen 1 on the edge that needs just a little more glue. And to be honest I have a new style glue for soft foam but just couldn't bring my self to waiting the 45 min. for it to dry before putting the parts on. So with the hot glue I my have to go over a few more before I plastic dip it. That was allot of cutting but well worth it. I still have to do the outer collar but I want to thicken up the Chest plate fist because that will be the part that locks every thing in. Thanks again.

Whoa man, that collar looks great on the chest. You really did an awesome job on it. I have a feeling you won't be the only on copying Nick Nack's neck seal idea.

I think Idea was the best I've seen, and the fact that he took the time to break it down for us...well what more can I say, but thanks Nick.

Side note: I believe that everyone should use the best files / ideas that they can find at the time they start there build, That said I would hope that allot of people use this idea. Who knows maybe you might be the one who comes up with the next new idea that we all start using.

Oh wow.... how can I describe this in words! They looks so amazing! Can't wait to see them finish! YAY you make me really jelly!

Thank you, I try to finish at least something on this project every weekend (Sun & Mon.) in my race to get it ready for Halloween / Yamacon Detroit MI. And I can say I'd like to see it Finished so I can paint it just as much as you.

And thanks to every one whose been following this build you keep me motivated when things seem to be dragging.

sorry to hijack your thread, but i have a question, with you chest how big is it, im 6.2' and my shoulders are about 19-20 inchs apart how do you think i will go for sizing?

Wow, that collar looks fantastic! I'm sure it will be well worth the effort as it looks like you're going to have an awesome suit when finished. :)

Wow, that collar looks fantastic! I'm sure it will be well worth the effort as it looks like you're going to have an awesome suit when finished. :)

Thanks, Coming from a guy with a helmet build as Great as you'res, that means allot.

Ok for this week there will be no pic's. I have spent the weekend cutting, scoring, and folding the Left Thigh......looks down......YULP! this IS the left one this time. So everything is ready to go for next weekend. With luck I should get everything glued and a few coats of smooth cast 321 done for next weeks post.

( I would of take'n a pic but I think everyone here probably has a pile of cut and folded paper on the desk to know what it looks like.)

Till next weekend stay safe and have fun with you're own builds. :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back