Noble Spartan(mod's/add-on's begin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome build so far man! Definitely gonna subscribe to this thread! I almost had the same issue with Forged Reclaimers thigh models, but luckily I caught it before I printed. (But just barely lol)

I almost printed Lex's torso off after seeing your build, but I'm gonna be patient and see what Forged does with his so I can compare. Also, for your cod, might be a good idea to wait on his as well. His files have been pretty awesome so far.

sorry to hijack your thread, but i have a question, with you chest how big is it, im 6.2' and my shoulders are about 19-20 inchs apart how do you think i will go for sizing?

Hmmm.... well I really got lucky with the chest. I use default size, just had to tapper it a little. As for my shoulders there 19.5 inches. so were same size there so you should be able to use default size also. And as always I'm more the happy to help were I can.

Did you have to rescale the torso, and if so what would I have to rescale it to? I am 6 foot 1 inch tall

The chest plate is the org. size just tapered the lower belt to bring it in a little.

Awesome build so far man! Definitely gonna subscribe to this thread! I almost had the same issue with Forged Reclaimers thigh models, but luckily I caught it before I printed. (But just barely lol)

I almost printed Lex's torso off after seeing your build, but I'm gonna be patient and see what Forged does with his so I can compare. Also, for your cod, might be a good idea to wait on his as well. His files have been pretty awesome so far.

Yes I'm waiting on Forge's cod myself, I just hope he has it out within the time frame that I have for this project.

Well its time for the weekly update.... The THIGHS..... I have finished pep and 2 coats smooth cast 321 for this week. And changed out my avatar to some nice Riot Gear more suitable to a armor build. (yes its the real deal)

th_IMAG0291.jpgth_IMAG0292.jpgth_IMAG0298.jpgth_IMAG0297.jpg

I will probably not do a up date for next week due to a party that were having, But I will be done shins next. Till then stay safe, and enjoy the Spring weather.

( Weather subject to change without notice thank you have a nice day. ) ;)

(edited post this weekend 04-17-11 for house cleaning purposes. Also added Pic's to page 4 so you can see what part I did. )

Attachments

• th_IMAG0291.jpg
    th_IMAG0291.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 291
  • th_IMAG0292.jpg
    th_IMAG0292.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 233
  • th_IMAG0298.jpg
    th_IMAG0298.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 274
  • th_IMAG0297.jpg
    th_IMAG0297.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 223
Ok for this weekend all I did is clean up my thread a little and read allot of post. As I did this I noticed something I want comment on so without further ado I'll start with this

I'm a NOOB. Until this thread I've never made hard armor before. I've never used pep and/or paper models. As of right now I have a large pile of wasted paper, pep'd parts, and hard parts. I have asked all the same questions that most noobs have asked, And have made all the same mistakes that most noob's make. So if I can do this so can you.

All it takes is allot of time and practice. You are going to make mistakes. That how we learn. Just keep trying.

So lets get started.......

1) Start with watching the video's then read as many of the sticky's as you can handle ( they will make more since after watching the video's.) Repeat until you feel you got it.

2)Next pick a build type ie. Cardboard, Paper and glue sticks, Foam, resin, it doesn't mater just pick one and go with it.

3) Next download the files and get started.

4)Don't be afraid to ask questions, but ask them within you're build. You don't need to start a new thread for them. Most people will help this way because the see that you are trying and/or they remember how it was when they got started. ( you can always edit/clean up you're build thread later.)

5)Read other peoples build threads, by doing this you can see what other did to make their build. Please remember that if you don't have something nice to say when posting on someone else's build then don't say it.
(EXCEPTION: when they ask how they can make there build better and/or if there is a easier way of doing something.)

6)Were ALL here to learn and enjoy the hobby of making armor and prop's.

7) Not everyone here is at the same level so the only way for them to learn is by doing.
( encourage them )

8)And finally just because someone is a noob doesn't mean they haven't done anything like this before, just that they haven't done this type before.

th_Mar_28_026.jpgth_Mar_28_025.jpgth_Mar_28_028.jpgth_Mar_28_027.jpg

th_Mar_28_019.jpgth_Mar_28_030.jpgth_Mar_28_024.jpgth_Mar_28_022.jpg

th_Mar_28_036-1.jpgth_Mar_28_017.jpg

Yes, I'm a noob and I hope to be a noob at one thing or another so long as I live. Shouldn't you?

So remember .....you were a noob once too, And will be again.

Live, Learn, Build, and enjoy life.

Attachments

• th_Mar_28_026.jpg
    th_Mar_28_026.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 215
  • th_Mar_28_028.jpg
    th_Mar_28_028.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 216
  • th_Mar_28_025.jpg
    th_Mar_28_025.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 207
  • th_Mar_28_027.jpg
    th_Mar_28_027.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 218
  • th_Mar_28_019.jpg
    th_Mar_28_019.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 217
  • th_Mar_28_024.jpg
    th_Mar_28_024.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 214
  • th_Mar_28_022.jpg
    th_Mar_28_022.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 221
  • th_Mar_28_030.jpg
    th_Mar_28_030.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 209
  • th_Mar_28_036-1.jpg
    th_Mar_28_036-1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 209
  • th_Mar_28_017.jpg
    th_Mar_28_017.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 205
Hey those thigh's look great! About the same stage as mine sitting out in the garage haha. With all the overtime I've been working my armor has been put on hold unfortunately. I'm really hoping to get back on it soon though. Really great work so far!

wow this is a cool build. i have no idea why i haven't even looked at this. and i TOTALLY agree about the neck seal. it is SUPER SEXY. Kudos to nick nack patty whack! i will be using the same thing for my Mk VI. good luck on the rest of your build. i know it will turn out fantastic.

Hey those thigh's look great! About the same stage as mine sitting out in the garage haha. With all the overtime I've been working my armor has been put on hold unfortunately. I'm really hoping to get back on it soon though. Really great work so far!

Thanks, and yes I know the feeling with work. It's getting to the point were it take two weeks to get a part done now days.

wow this is a cool build. i have no idea why i haven't even looked at this. and i TOTALLY agree about the neck seal. it is SUPER SEXY. Kudos to nick nack patty whack! i will be using the same thing for my Mk VI. good luck on the rest of your build. i know it will turn out fantastic.

Thanks, And yes nick scored BIG brownie points on the seal. It just seems that the hard armor needed a few thing done up in foam, and that was one of them. Further more thanks for the vote of confidants, I hope to do the 405th proud with my build.

Happy Easter to all that celebrate this Holiday and to everyone else I hope you have a wounder full day also. Enjoy you're weekend and I'll see you all next week with an update on the shins, Yes I'm taking this weekend off (slow) to spend some time with the family.

Thorn, hope you had a Happy Easter! Keep up the great work, can't wait to see new progress photos. :)

Thank you. I hope you'res went good as well.

Question: Have you (or has anyone else doing foam armor) thought of using thin metal for reinforcements for foam armor?? I'm considering using Aluminum flashing http://www.lowes.com/pd_12521-205-6...ashing&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntt=flashing for reinforcement in foam armor. Likely as a middle layer with mirrored foam layers on either side. Do you (or anyone else) have any thoughts on this?

I thought about using it for a shell on a cod piece just to speed up the build on it. But as of yet No.. I haven't used it in this type armor. I have used it in a set of scale armor about 15 years ago. It worked great, forms easy with sand bag and ball ping hammer for smooth curves. And of course bends nice with or without a bender. Let us know if you use it and how well it works.

Hey thorn696. Your suit looks to be coming together quite well and I like how you've set up your thread to show which/whose models you're using and to provide weekly progress updates (with tips and suggestions peppered throughout).

As a noob myself I'm amazed at what can be conjured up starting out with a plan and some paper. You've seen my Noble Six helmet progress...up until this past weekend I had planned to only do a helmet but now I'm giving serious consideration to going full bore and completing a full suit and set of armor.

Anyway...I just wanted to say what you've got going here looks great and to keep it up!

In case you never found one, Rhinoc has a pretty good cod-piece up on his file base thread page.

Hey thorn696. Your suit looks to be coming together quite well and I like how you've set up your thread to show which/whose models you're using and to provide weekly progress updates (with tips and suggestions peppered throughout).

As a noob myself I'm amazed at what can be conjured up starting out with a plan and some paper. You've seen my Noble Six helmet progress...up until this past weekend I had planned to only do a helmet but now I'm giving serious consideration to going full bore and completing a full suit and set of armor.

Anyway...I just wanted to say what you've got going here looks great and to keep it up!

In case you never found one, Rhinoc has a pretty good cod-piece up on his file base thread page.

Thanks for the vote of confidants, it very uplifting. And yes, I've been checking out you're helmet ( love it by the way.) As for considering building a full suit. you should do it up.

As for the link as of yesterday I couldn't get either of them to work. but I'm thinking of going foam on the cod. Something about a armor'd belt just throws me off for some reason.

Need Help Please. I'm on the shine part ( Halo Reach shine***** HD part.
Model: ForgedReclaimer
Unfold: Ral Partha
http://forgedreclaimer.deviantart.co...shin-201873866 )
and I running into some trouble. theres no way I can get this around my foot. So what would be the best way to fix this???? The calf part of it looks ok, but not %100 sure as of yet.

While I can't speak from personal experience, I have seen what others have done when they couldn't fit their legs through the shin pieces. You could either split the entire piece in half lengthwise, or cut out a hatch on the bottom rear and hinge it. Magnets or tiny clips or something would hold everything together for either method.

Like I said, I haven't personally done this, but it's most likely what I would do if I couldn't slip the shin pieces on.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and please be sure to post photos of your solution. :)

While I can't speak from personal experience, I have seen what others have done when they couldn't fit their legs through the shin pieces. You could either split the entire piece in half lengthwise, or cut out a hatch on the bottom rear and hinge it. Magnets or tiny clips or something would hold everything together for either method.

Like I said, I haven't personally done this, but it's most likely what I would do if I couldn't slip the shin pieces on.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and please be sure to post photos of your solution. :)

I'm going to go with a different file on this one, then add in some of Forg's details. I'll post pic's and links to the files when done. Thanks for the input.

I got this problem too. Even on my mark VI. So I split it into 2 pieces and connect them with magnets and straps.

I don't like the idea of having to use magnets on my armor, But I will split it up and hinge it if I have to. I think my work around will solve the problem tho. Thank you for the idea. It always helps to get impute and/or solutions on things like this being this is my first set of hard armor.

LOOKING ALGEBRAIC!
the smothness on the pieces is outstanding!, hope to see the complete outfit soon!

Thank you. And yes I'm hopping to Have this all done by this Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back