RX-79[G] Ground Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizophrenicMC

Okay, I didn't create this model, but Nintendude and I are trying to work with it, and at his behest, I'm politely requesting somebody with experience in this could break it down, clean it up, and unfold it.

RX-79[G] Ground Gundam:
rx-79g.jpg

Attachments

• rx-79g.jpg
    rx-79g.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 358
Just to give people a broad idea of what the 3D Model looks like in Pepakura Designer and in order to get this screenshot my computer nearly had a seizure. First person to let me know how many polys this monster has get's a free cookie.
97tr10.jpg

Attachments

• 97tr10.jpg
    97tr10.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 239
The sheild would definitely be a great foam build canidate....

I can see where a compute might seize on that :p

Awesome!

I thought the link posted was pep ready and it forced it's way onto a Notepad in my comp.... Dunno if that was supposed to happen?

Maybe take off the Edge ID, that may free it up a bit.

So how will it be broken down?

Well, I was thinking, break it into separate parts at each joint, with separate shoulder armor, skirt segments, ankle armor, and the torso broken into a few parts. For there, probably best to break it at each of the 3 stacked segments, and maybe, for bonus points, make the gun and vent assemblies on the chest, maybe even the canopy, separate assemblies. Gimme a few minutes, I'll shop the image to what I mean.

EDIT: Every contiguous space in one color is one part. Apply the same logic to the other side to get its bits and pieces. Bonus points for the shield and 180mm cannon. Anything grey on the side that's colored can be discarded, as it's just for mechanics in the actual thing, and impedes movement as a costume.
Splits.png

Attachments

• Splits.png
    Splits.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 265
God i will so build this when done this was always one of my fav gundams and one of my fav series also......

so whats going to happen to it cause i use to have that gun hes got from lt grave he gave itt o me but i lost it SO who will break down this and make it so it can be a nice armor suit to wear?

Well, my initial purpose for it is to use the left forearm as a prop for a Shiro Amada costume to attend A-kon in next year, but I may eventually make a full suit to wear as a costume.

ArmRip.png

And I will marry Aina.

Attachments

• ArmRip.png
    ArmRip.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 559
If you break it down, I might be able to help you edit it. Get blender on the computer, and select all the verticies of the piece you want seperated. (warning: it takes time. a LOT of time. and make sure you get every vert. ) then hit "p" in edit mode, and choose the option, "selected". then you can export each and every piece individually. I'd help you with this process, but I'm really tied up as is.

Only problem is I seriously screwed up the UI for Blender, and now it doesn't work, and it won't uninstall, and I can't install it if it already is present. It might be the Python API is broken.

Point is, I don't have a working install of Blender, and that's a big reason I'm trying to outsource this. If I can't get someone else to, I'll buckle down and manually wipe Blender and Python from my system and reinstall them both.

Okay, so I reinstalled Blender and Python, and now, Blender won't open the .obj file, saying it's not a Blender file.

EDIT: Ne'mind, I spazzed. Forgot Blender acts like Audacity, and you gotta import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back