The Ultimate Pepakura FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to look into finding a way to give the lens a compound curvature to look more accurate to the video game model. The gold face sheild is like a globe, instead of a flat curve. Im wondering if it could be curved by heating it, and laying it into some type of mold to form it as it cools without marking up the gold lens.

Any ideas?

I mainly have a minor question about some of the Pep files... on the Left Forearm there is a random little triangle just about the space between the plate for the glove and the forearm, is that just a mistake/irrelevant?

Another question, On both of the forearm files, I noticed that the opening to the wrist area is closed, I may be wrong but aren't those supposed to be open? I mean, would it be ok to cut them? I kind of need to get my arms through the holes... :D

If anyone could just PM me with these answers, that'd be great... Don't bother messing with it here.

dannifood4less said:
65lb cardstock works way better,, although 110lb is way cheaper..
thnx my fiend said he used 50lbs

Cha*man said:
Weight of cardstock depends on your printer
thnx

Well, we can point them to this topic first, and tell them we'll answer questions afterwards
It sounds mean, but sometimes it's the only way
BTW Sigma, I like it

Only improvement would be to put links, but most of the items are stickied anyway, and it's just good for them to get used to searching for themselves

Oh, and add a link to the Where do I get Clay, Silicon, Plastic, FaceShields etc thread... actually I just did

abandonship said:
get resin at walmart or home depot. although its cheaper at walmart. look around in the automotives section and you should find it. got it @ autozone

imMonkeyGOD said:
Damn, Ive been spelling pepakura wrong the whole time XD I missed just by one letter! The "a" (pepkura)

Great topic, should be the first place a pepakura noob should go. xactly

Fragclone said:
theres sumthing about a password? how do i do that?

yeah i was wondering the same thing lollollol

Last edited by a moderator:
how many different weights of cardstock are there. i want to find some in between the 60 lb and 110 lb.

pepequra is how you spell it:lol:

Sigma-LS said:
RULE #1 Read all the stickies before you begin! (I will also specify which ones answer what questions)

yo srry to be the ass of this topic but how to u access the stickies?
thx.

Damien said:
Darth, you could vaccum form, and color it yourself or vice versa. color then form

I have the plans from the TK560 website on the 100 dollar home built vac-forming table including the videos. However, no time or money at present to make it. Also I would have no idea off hand on how to electroplate the gold onto the face shield lens after it was formed. Apparently more research is needed on that.

Im interested in getting ahold of HJC to find out if they could make a run (special order of a minimum quantity) to make the Halo lenses including the indent. I know in the 501st we outsource quite often for things that are too expensive or impractical to make mulitple one off versions of.

any ideas folks?

Also, Im looking for a place I can get large sheets of cardboard similair weight to shoe box weight. Card stock works, but isnt durable enough with all the handling and its still too flexible for my likeing even when fully glued together. This could cause warpage when creating a fiberglass mold. And believe me once I can get rolling on this, Im going to make a fully detailed model. Cut the pieces in half, build my vac forming table and make a few full vac formed costumes.

I feel like helping with one:

azn_stryker said:
yo srry to be the ass of this topic but how to u access the stickies?
thx.
You're reading one now. they're the topics that say "sticky" or "pinned" at the top of the subforums.

Hi guys, im new and sorry to tell u that im from Australia, and please dont get angry at my questions, since they are very newbie questions :(
and im starting from the scratch and all i have is normal A4papers
so i went to the store and asked for 60 lb, 110 lb papers but they had no idea what it was.
but they seem to have paper sizes in GSM, (for example, normal A4 is size 80GSM and there were 200GSM and other sizes)
im very new so please help

thanks alot :D

BMTH said:
Hi guys, im new and sorry to tell u that im from Australia, and please dont get angry at my questions, since they are very newbie questions :(
and im starting from the scratch and all i have is normal A4papers
so i went to the store and asked for 60 lb, 110 lb papers but they had no idea what it was.
but they seem to have paper sizes in GSM, (for example, normal A4 is size 80GSM and there were 200GSM and other sizes)
im very new so please help

thanks alot :D
http://www.paper-papers.com/index.asp?Page...ustom&ID=16 i hope this helps man.

*Ahem* I'm not supah familiar with computers, I'm more of a basic kind of guy. Anyways, how can I tell if my printer can handle 110 cardstock?

Thanks for the post!!

Hopefully i can go from noob to not so noobish in no time. I read the stickies on here, the only thing i havent seen help on is painting, well i havent seen a sticky for painting but ill keep looking.

My question is how sturdy is it all after fiberglassing? Most of the things i have dealt with have been brittle...

TacNiNE

Hi everyone,
I've started to model the EOD helmet from Halo3, trying to keep the poly count as low as possible so it's easier to make in pepakura, Ive downloaded the halo3 pepakura pack that was posted here, just wondering if there is anyway to get 3d files out of pep once they are in, as modifiing the game mesh would be esier and faster than point modeling from game stills which is what Im doing at the moment

heres a pic of what Ive done so far, still a long way off being finished and needs a lot of work on proportions but getting there slowly... if only I had the game meshes :)...anyone want to help a noob out?
[attachment=1270:Headpic.jpg]

"Simply overly the corner crosshairs of the pages after trimming away the margin of one. Then glue both together to make larger pepakura pieces."

What exactly does this mean??

Hey Quick Q. I was looking in the Pepakura database, and all I found was Mark V armor.
Does anyone have VI armor pep??

Thanks again

Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back