The Ultimate Pepakura FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some tips. This is my first attempt at a Pepekura helmet I was making for my son. I scaled this to 23 cm as he is almost 6 year old and it turned out to be to small but I was planning on a trial run anyway. I used 110 lb card stock (a must), I recommend getting a short metal ruler (short because it is easier to turn without getting caught on edges, and I found that Elmer's Craft Bond glue is superb for putting this together w/out the burns or mess of super glue. See picture below.

onuris

Sorry about double posting but I just remembered. If you are left handed, I suggest investing in a pair of Left Handed Scissors. They are hard to find but it does make life a lot easier. I asked one store clerk about them and she looked at me like I was crazy but there is a difference.

SOLIP5IL said:
"Simply overly the corner crosshairs of the pages after trimming away the margin of one. Then glue both together to make larger pepakura pieces."

What exactly does this mean??

When you print out the pepakura pages, there are + marks at each corner. They overlap exactly with the + marks of the adjacent pages.

helo82 said:
Does anyone know if you can make molds from Pepakura scale with scilicon, if so then how?

If you fiberglass your pepakura, it's the same process as molding any other armor piece.

helo82 said:
I need ODST (Orbital Drop Ship Trooper), or Helljumper, armor.

Found in the Pepakura Armor Database (incomplete)

B&GProps said:
Hey Quick Q. I was looking in the Pepakura database, and all I found was Mark V armor.
Does anyone have VI armor pep??

Thanks again

Beck

Mk VI H2 version is found in the How to Use Pepakura sticky

Mk VI H3 version is found in Slyfo's Pepakura thread

Last edited by a moderator:
could you guys tell me a way i could use my armor as a community serice kind of way for a project at school?

i plan on going to a cosplay event in the costume

any other ideas?

This might hurt a little but one of the best ways to use this stuff for community service is to hold a raffle/lottery for the stuff you built and then give the cash to a community establishment like a mission.

Though I do admit it would be awesome to see the chief in a cancer awareness walk or the like.

So I'm a noob at this stuff. I just came across this site now, but i had previously seen a tutorial somewhere else that said to use clear/scotch tape, yet this says not to. I'm quite far into putting my armor together but I haven't started to resin it or anything yet. Am I going to have to start all over or could I continue anyway?

Sigma-LS said:
Go over everything again with electrical tape or else your model will fall apart when you resin it.
wut about Air Duct Tape "the silver stuff" not Duct Tape i got a full roll of that just sitting in my house wondering if i can use that

Quick question:

I recently got Pepakura registered. Now, I'm trying to put the Elite Combat helm on seperate pages... with little success, as I can't seem to find a 'new page' function, nor do I understand fully how to split the item up without messing it up.

If anybody could help me out, it would be a real life-saver.

Edit:

Disregard. I found a very useful tutorial that's answered my questions.

Freshest of the noobs here. I just read the whole post and would like to thank you for your knowledge.

Now that I have all the info, I just need the specs so that I can start printing.

Where do I get the prints from? and how do I look at stickys?

Pleaxe and Thank You,
RELL

BloodyShadow13 said:
now if only we could get noobs to read this...
make it required to make forums with the word pepakura
any other ideas?

i have another question
shouldn't the program itself be explained
it was complicated for me at first and i would have liked some more help
still cant figure out how to save JK

I thought Frizz did a good job of the basics, and the help tab in the program sends you to a tutorial on their website. To save you need to have the full/purchased version.

hhm what was that all about the thigs and biceps why are they 35 n 38 sized standart what is it? can u tell me? and how to bondo theres no tutorial how to bondo...

I just made a tutorial on how to bondo, See Muddy Secrets Tutorial.

The rest of your answers are in the Official pepakura scaling thread. It is used in the Input Assembled Height command in Pepakura.

Nooblike question/ personal advice request .... i have produced some pieces of pre-scaled and divided pepakura, but as a new project im starting on i need to take the .obj file and seperate just the head of it... how do i do this? is anyone willing to perhaps add me to msn to answer more q's ? .. i struggle understanding stuff sometimes so i apologize if i seem a bug.

-thanks in advance for any help

With regards to using cardstock,
What is 110lb in grams? o_O

Hopefully, one day, the whole world will standardise.
Until then, I NEED HELP!!

Harbinger 114 said:
With regards to using cardstock,
What is 110lb in grams? o_O
About 300 gsm.

Harbinger 114 said:
Hopefully, one day, the whole world will standardise.
Until then, I NEED HELP!!
Not gonna happen until the US switches over to metric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back