Ask the Q's get the A's with your host BenStreeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenStreeper

Sorry for the poor video quality but the lights are off in the store after 9:30pm cst for "Gaming in the dark"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 questions:

1) For making Foam armor, do i have to harden it, like using bondo or anything like that, or is that part not needed?
2) To cut out the visor of a rondoed helmet, do i need a dermel, or can i use a boxcutter or scalpel?

Thanks

Hey sir! thanks for making this!
I have a quick question here that I've been trying to figure out for a bit...
How would you go about making a mold of a helmet that already has a visor installed? (specifically the odst)

Hey Ben!! First time, Long time. When it comes to cutting miter cuts/angles in eva foam, do you think an electric knife or an electric scissors would be preferable to a utility knife?
p.s. Thank you Ben, yer a stand up guy.
p.p.s. Snazzy hat, you look like you just walked off the set of MADE.

Hey Mr Streeper. I've watched quite a bit of your stuff from youtube and, first of all, kudos; awesome stuff. Secondly, i was wondering something. I noticed that when you first resin a piece you don't line the model with resin soaked, fiberglass cloth; you just resin it to harden it up and then rondo. What are the advantages and disadvantages of your method as opposed to the other?

Also, sort of random but your hints on foaming the inside in order to sand out more detail later was very cool and i like how you add your own flair to the details. I agree very much that if you're going to make something you might as well make it your own and give it some flavor.

you know what, forget my previous question. I wasn't thinking properly. New question, when using latex base instead of Rebound 25 for the master mold (as you did with the mini dutch helmet), can you still use plaster bandage and rondo for the mother mold later on?

2x and 3x is a very big no-no dude, next time edit your post, go to edit post then advanced and make what ever changes are need.

Noted. Sorry for fogging up the channel. i tried to edit but it kept having trouble going through but i didn't know i had to go advanced. Thank you sir.

I have a random question: were you just on a cruise? I swear to God I either met you and your brothers last week or you have an identical twin from Virginia who's also named Ben.

are you working on a project with the other big wigs here on the 405th to have A.I like installments put into your armor suits?

If not would you consider the idea... Mr. Streeper?

Thank you,
GakkenGod

Noted. Sorry for fogging up the channel. i tried to edit but it kept having trouble going through but i didn't know i had to go advanced. Thank you sir.

Yes always go advanced on edit. something screwy on the system.

Ben:
What is the best way to attach strapping inside the armor? I have been looking at epoxy options. just not sure yet :)

Thanks

p.s.
Love the videos!

Hello, I was just wondering if you could make a painting tutorial with a materials list using spray paint for armor
i just started to build and i really need some help so that i will know a little before going head first into painting

i asked for the materials list because i couldnt figgure out what colors/ specific kinds of paint t0 use

if its not to much to ask for can you help me out;)
:cool

Your videos and some other tutorials I read on here (including Gamemaster's blog on making foam armor) were my reasons why I wanted to start on costuming and making foam suits for myself! So kudos to you and everyone else here on the 405th for doing such an awesome job!

My question for you in regards to Foam Armor: How do you make sure the piece you're working on is of the appropriate size? Do you usually check the fit by making a pep first, or just actually making it in foam and putting it on yourself?

^- That question's been bugging me for a while now since I tried pepping a piece and it turned out to be TOO BIG for me. D= I don't want to make my first foam piece and find out it's TOO big/small after I cut it and glue it, etc!

Thanks mate!

Now that we Have several questions (sadly this took a while) I have compiled thes into a list and will be making a video this week. Stay tuned for your answers..... Same Bat-Time.....Same Bat-channel

Hat to but in here but ^^^ do you guys realize this thread has been dead for almost a year??? No necroposting!

But you're noobs, so you guys REALLY need to read over the forum rules and Regs, this kinda thing will get ya banned

ok Ben got in there at some point. . . cept Ben, He's fine

Hat to but in here but ^^^ do you guys realize this thread has been dead for almost a year??? No necroposting!

But you're noobs, so you guys REALLY need to read over the forum rules and Regs, this kinda thing will get ya banned

ok Ben got in there at some point. . . cept Ben, He's fine

That does not apply to an open q & a thread, especially when the OP says it's ok. As the OP I say this thread can be necro-posted any time there is a need. Please don't get frustrated with people asking questions in my threads.

. . .
Ok now I feel dumb, I really wasn't frustrated. Just pointing them in the right direction.
And on the thread deal, I actually didn't know that. Something new everyday right?

Ah, I just saw the dates on the thread! (oops, thought since someone posted in it recently, it's recent. =<) I didn't even look through your videos to see you already compiled one for last year! I wonder what took so long. Will this even be some sort of video series?

I'm looking forward to this, and thanks again.

@ Dh748: I didn't read the first post dates, lol. XP I thought since someone posted in it (even if it's necro posting), it's recent. I usually make a new thread, or look somewhere else for answers (or even poppping a PM, but I'm too shy).

Let's take our mistakes with stride, yah?

Same as you would a normal helmet. Although I would run a bead of hotglue or caulk around the seem of the visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back