Clone files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 405th im looking in to getting some nice clone suit armor files and i got the ones from the wiki but im looking for some that are a bit better in shape and or modeled but yah if anyone knows were i can get some real good pep files for the close arc trooper or 501st clone trooper? so anything will help and be deeply thanked so yes any info POST here thanks again 405th

ARC trooper is a standard "episode 2 clone" with a kama, rangefinder on the helm, and shoulder pauldron, the episode 3 or, "501st" trooper should be the same, with a new bucket.
Skip (skip's pepakura files) has the entire suit available plus both buckets. Will cost you a bit though. Rundown also has a set for sale, personally (from what I've seen) his are the best. again, they cost money. the ones on the wikia are as good as you're going to get (right now) for free. 1 caution with dealing with skip, I read that his son died recently, so hit might be difficult to contact him. If you're interested in Republic commandos, Nintendue, Deadalus, and myself have been working on some nice game rips. stay tuned.

yah i know that im so broke tho i dont want o buy to buy models but yes i already downloaded the ones from the site and there not that great cause im going to have to re unfold then and everything

I do have a zipped file with all those, except they're lower poly. Less unnecessary folding and cutting. But none are unfolded. hit me up with an email at bobafett1138@gmail.com and I'll send them your way.

These files, just FYI, are not screen accurate. There are a couple of shape issues. Just wanted to let you know.

yah i know that im so broke tho i dont want o buy to buy models but yes i already downloaded the ones from the site and there not that great cause im going to have to re unfold then and everything
Ouch! You could have used more tact. He's trying to help you, you know.

i know that im just saying idc how detailed there im really glad to have the files then selfs i didn't mean to have come across like that im sorry boba fett

No offense taken. Just wanted ot inform you that they are not screen accurate if that's what you're shooting for.

no no i got this guy will add all the other super details and other stuff casue he is going to vac bard this and hopefullly i can make suit for people and stuff im going to post something in the calssifields

no no i got this guy will add all the other super details and other stuff casue he is going to vac bard this and hopefullly i can make suit for people and stuff im going to post something in the calssifields
I don't mean to put you off, but to my knowledge (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the only pepakura clones that currently have 501st approval are RC's. All the free pep files for the clones are generally too inaccurate as the 501st can be very picky at times when it comes to acheving screen accuracy. The reason I say this is that if you go through all the work of making the costume in pep, fibreglassing, bondoing, vacforming etc. any costumes you put up for sale in the classifieds are probably going to be too expensive for people not seriously interested in 501st membership to consider, ergo it will need to be highly accurate for people to consider buying. As I said at the start I do not mean to put you off at all, if you can use pep files to make a clone to 501st standards more power to you, go for it but just be aware it will not be easy of quick.

(This is just from what i have seen and my experience with the 501st whom i have a number of friends that are members and I am working towards becoming a member myself. If anyone has information contrary to what i have said feel free to post it, this is just my personal opinion.)

ok the files i got for boba are really nice but now im looking for the belt piece with the parts to it

Can't help ya there. I don't think I have anything else... try scratching them. Not too terribly hard.

One thing with the 501st: yeah, but they DO allow FX armor which deviates quite a bit from screen accurate stormie armor. most 501st stormies do use FX I hear, so the same might be true with clones. I'm not 501st, so I dunno. But I don't think Bountyknight;s trying to get 501st status, though correct me if I'm wrong.

see thats what i was thinking of doing any ways i was double checking for the file but was like ehh no big deal but as for the 501st idc about any of that this for me and a few freinds

I was just meaning if he wanted to sell it having it 501st approved would be a selling point and i don't think it's true that 'most' stormies use fx, just some of them as many 501st members are after a more accurate version, though i see the point you are trying to make, there can sometimes be some latitude with requirements and also it can vary from region to region as some GML's (Garrison Membership Liasons) can be stricter than otheres and there is always going to be a little bit of variation in how the costume requirements are interpreted.

I was just meaning if he wanted to sell it having it 501st approved would be a selling point and i don't think it's true that 'most' stormies use fx, just some of them as many 501st members are after a more accurate version, though i see the point you are trying to make, there can sometimes be some latitude with requirements and also it can vary from region to region as some GML's (Garrison Membership Liasons) can be stricter than otheres and there is always going to be a little bit of variation in how the costume requirements are interpreted.

Actually, I heard that about 80-90% of 501st stormies used FX. Not sure how reliable my source was though, as it could have been an exaggeration. Regardless, there are a LOT of FX stormies in the 501st, so the point is they're not always so, "screen accurate" as they claim, as long as you hold to the original form and keep the quality high. That's my interpretation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back