TUT for Working Cortana AI Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love electronics and I have used these magnetic switches in some of my eariler projects and they work great.... I hope you all enjoy and have fun. If you want you can place a small toggle switch in between the battery and Power source magnet to preserve battery life "even though its off the battery will still slowly drain trying to run a current"

"Circuit revised by ithica"

newcortanachip.jpg

Attachments

• newcortanachip.jpg
    newcortanachip.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 173
all these ideas... I'm not sure if this AI is a practical route for most builders.

I will keep watching and toiling.

I figured with this way and the way you are comming up with will give people different ways to do it...... Having options is always a great idea, everyone always like being different

If I am not mistaking the diagram is not correct. Here is a suggested alternative.

6ehwzq.png

I hope this helps a little.

Ithica

Attachments

• 6ehwzq.png
    6ehwzq.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 177
hey didnt ithica already think of this and some other guy wondered about it before him ( yes i can see that he has posted here )

WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT AI CHIPS

Thanks Ithica for revising the circuit, new image has been posted... 405th members notice that you can achieve anything with help and constructive criticism.. in case you missed the revised diagram here it is

newcortanachip.jpg

Attachments

• newcortanachip.jpg
    newcortanachip.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 177
come Tuesday I will have a working model completed....will take pics as I go with my new 14megapixel camera "w00t" plus ill include link as to where I bought my magnetic switch or a reed switch.... Like I said Ithica helped make my circuit less complicated and it will work better so big thanks to him... I will however not have an cortana chip built for this demonstration...

I'm interested in using a AI database chip in thing way, but instead of lights (all of which would be turned on and off by a switch) I was going to have it turn on music.
Now in another thread someone brought up maxi fuses. I was wondering what would work better for this. Thr fuse or magnet?

Also darknemisis, did you ever build that circuit so we can see it?

Now in another thread someone brought up maxi fuses. I was wondering what would work better for this. Thr fuse or magnet?

Doesn't matter, the function is the same: Both would close the circuit. In fact, there's a thousand possibilities you else you might do that.

Also darknemisis, did you ever build that circuit so we can see it?

It would look somewhat like the image below. Note that I don't have a reed switch handy (darknemisis can probably show you a picture of that in action), so I've put in a diode instead, just as a placeholder. Reed switches usually look similar, they're just a bit larger and made from glass. They work like a normal switch; hold a magnet next to them (at the right angle), and they close the circuit.

Also, you do have to use a resistor. The connector in the picture is commonly used for 9 V batteries and hooking an LED up to nine volts will instantly kill it.

ReedSwitchCircuit.png

Attachments

• ReedSwitchCircuit.png
    ReedSwitchCircuit.png
    247.5 KB · Views: 160
Not yet.... Ive been in and out of the hospital with heart/high blood pressure/anxiety disorders and have not had much strength to do anything but i am picking up my reed switches 2morrow "was on order" and then ill solder the circuit together and post pics and video of completed circuit... and ventrue you have the right idea..

Now does the magnetic switch actually have a magnetic quality like rare earth metal magnets?
If so how strong is it?

A reed switch isn't a magnet at all, but if you put a magnet near it, the magnetic field will pull the two elastic pieces of metal inside it together and close the circuit. Have a look at this. Something with a "magnetic quality" would be an electromagnet.

Ah, ok. I see how this works.
What I was wondering is if it would hold itself there...

The two things I fear most about doing this is
1) not angling it right and it not being able to line up and complete the circuit.
2) sins the chip would have to be at an angle to fit in the helmet it would just slide out.

Here is a youtube video about reed switches.

As far as keeping the chip in, you're already using magnets to complete the circuit so just have the magnet contact a metal anchor on the chip to hold it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back