Toacrabman's Reach build. Letstry this again.

What would weapon should i make?

• The sniper, cuz its big and awesome,

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The shotgun, for being easy, and original,

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • or a magnum, for,...... smallness.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

I had a great thread before, and i truly dont think deleting it was nescessary but im just not gonna start that again because you guys are impossible, and i needed to understand that, now i do. Anyway heres some pics.
DSC00037.jpg

I will start from the beginning so people new to the thread know whats going on. :D

Attachments

• DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 312
Some great very recent progress,
I was thinkin of doin the boinic arm so i wouldnt have to pep another one of those super complicated wrist things. or fit the shoulder, plus my arm is so thin it would fit so well it would look real, also it would use real joints which makes it slow and less coordinated, but thats not bad in this case, it makes it more realistic.
DSC00050.jpg

I might even just pull my arm up into my chest piece from time to time so i can pop the arm off and confuse people with it.
I would just add a flap that closes inside the shoulder on the chest, and i donno, sum wire lookin bockle things.

Attachments

• DSC00050.jpg
    DSC00050.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 296
I also got some awesome stuff over the holidays, mostly the figures, but also 1600 microsoft points, and $150 from my grandparents.
DSC00020.jpg

Before.
DSC00032.jpg

After.
DSC00033.jpg

The hard to find mongoose, and a Toys R' Us exclusive security figure, EVA guy comes with mongoose.

Attachments

• DSC00033.jpg
    DSC00033.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
  • DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 310
I am not going to get into the controversy....

I will say that the Emile helmet looks really interesting... I like your concept with that... look forward to seeing more of that helmet build. You must have REAL skinny arms to pull off the "bionic" arm design..... different!

Keep us posted on the builds Toa....

cujo3131

If i am wrong, please enlighten me.

Indecision Threads - Threads posing questions usually about making some sort of decision. Usually in poll form, but not always.

Edit: and I would like to add some words of wisdom my 1st sgt told us one day

"Those are the rules people! I don't care who else has done it, just move like you gots a purpose, shut (expletive) up and do what you suppose to do!!!"

- Willie K Harris
1st Sergeant U.S. Army

Toa, Rhinoc made pep files for the robo arms, if that helps any, i personally like the idea of the arm poping off, i would get a big laugh out of that and anybody else's reaction. :)

I actually edited the design some, so now it has a joint on the inside edge of the elbow for stability.
DSC00050.jpg

in the original (shown above) it has a rotating thing on the outside, a prototype i hastily made of cardboard wasnt bending very well but when i added the other one it kept it going nice and straight. Also so far the upper arm piece is the most complex, and peps for that just aren't as good so i might scratch-build it.

Attachments

• DSC00050.jpg
    DSC00050.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 322
I was thinking of some kind of pvc or pipe whatnot for the joints, with like an o ring or somethin, so it rotates easily. and could be taken apart.

I'm not sure how much it could help Tao, some people have made Edward's Automail arm from "Full Metal alchemist" using a couple different techniques. Some use a material called wonderflex and others have used foam. In case you were still fiddling with material ideas, their results were actually pretty good.
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking_automail.html

arm2_finished2.jpg

I know it's not exactly a robo arm, but it may give ya an idea on approach.

Attachments

• arm2_finished2.jpg
    arm2_finished2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 294
I love that show, and i was going to scratchbuild the arm in cardboard, bondo it, add the joints in metal and pvc, and add little wires for realism.
DSC00051.jpg

Also does anyone know if there is a rotating joint between the upper arm and elbow, because it would be way better if there was only one rotating joint after the elbow, and one in the wrist. Also the human anatomy doesnt have one there, and thats why i was wondering.

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
I checked, the arm only has joints on the shoulder (double rotation, ball joint), the wrist (rotation), the elbow, (hinge), and possibly some more rotating on the on the ends of the elbow, but i wont add those, for simplicity and stability.

Im takin a small break from the armour, to do 3D modeling, but there will be progress this week, but right now im modeling ammo pouches, like the one on HP Parafoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back