My Halo Lego Completed Projects (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All made with the help of my wife..

100_0231.jpg

100_0230.jpg

100_0232.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0234.jpg

100_0235.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0231.jpg
    100_0231.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_0230.jpg
    100_0230.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 100_0232.jpg
    100_0232.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_0233.jpg
    100_0233.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_0234.jpg
    100_0234.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_0235.jpg
    100_0235.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 151
Just so you know, its not LEGO, its Mega Bloks(much worse than lego). Most people complain that it won't come together as good as lego but neat stuff you got there....I was planning on buying the Pelican set....but no monees :L

Nice, a note on the Warthog, though, mine had a tendency to make itself fall apart, so I had to Locktite (super glue) the pieces together.

Side note:
WHERE DID YOU GET AN ARCTIC MODEL?!!!!1!!!!1111

I used superglue on mine as well and for the arctic one I picked up at the local Wal-Mart for 10 bucks on sale
Nice, a note on the Warthog, though, mine had a tendency to make itself fall apart, so I had to Locktite (super glue) the pieces together.

Side note:
WHERE DID YOU GET AN ARCTIC MODEL?!!!!1!!!!1111

I got the Gausshog vs Covie Locust set from my mom, and I have to say: I HATE it. I've bought some terrible Mega Bloks sets in the past, and every time, the quality gets worse. There's all kinds of play between bricks, some are loose, and they just don't fit right. Plus, it looks bad! I like Lego because, while it's more expensive, they care about the image they portray and the quality of their products. I don't think I've ever been disappointed, in the least, with a Lego purchase.

But, M-B, I'm thoroughly upset with your standards. I should have returned the set and bought some Legos, instead of being nice and building it.

All of my M-B sets turned out great not really much play but i super glued them any ways.... I do all of my lego/mega block kits like that

Well, I've been playin' Lego the last 14 years, of my 16. I know plenty about 'em. I also know Mega Bloks have too much of a tolerance level for error, and have gaps. As for supergluing Legos, I think he just does it to keep 'em together, whereas you or I prefer their ease of separation and ability to create new things with.

WRONG!

It wasn't Billy Mays that advertised Mighty Mend-It! It was Anthony Sullivan!

I believe it was mighty putty Billy promoted.

Anyways, i have the Scorpion Tank and it holds up amazing for MegaBlocks, even for Lego. Not a loose piece in the bunch.

That snow hog is awesome, wish i could have seen that a few weeks ago lol.

I will never buy another Mega Blocks as long as I live. It is one of the worst toys ever made. You can play Lego and not fear for the pieces to fall out. Mega Blocks? Nothing will stick - not even super glue. Super glue will only work on certain compound. Unfortunately, Mega Blocks resist super glue. You probably need Super Strong Gorilla Glue.

My kids' warthog started to come apart. I hardly see them play the gluded warthog. The parts that I applied glue turned cloudy but you can see none of them really fuse together. Maybe plastic cement (from Tamiya) may hold better.

Cyanoacrylate should have no problem holding Polystyrene together. It may be the mold release agent that's resisting it. If that's the case, just leave 'em in soapy water for 10 minutes, then try again. Acrylonitrile Butadeine Styrene, ABS, the plastic Lego uses, has a different release agent that doesn't resist Cyanoacrylate or Acrylic, Lacquer, or Enamel-based paints, thus, out-of-the-box gluing. (Or, painting, if you mean expensive Japanese toys made of ABS plastic)

ABS is a good bit more expensive than PS, but it holds its shape better. It, unfortunately, suffers from much faster yellowing than PS, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back