Props Halo reach sniper (nerf)

ok im thinking of writing a name on the rifle!!!!!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan005

SRS99 reach sniper (nerf)

well here it is i have been workin on and off on this for about 4 months now. but with no more delays here is waht i have so far. i to the cs-6 recon nerf rifle. i saw when sithslayer78 built his i figured i would try to do it myself since it was a dang good idea. so i did and here is what i came out with so far, so let me know what you all think. it has taken almost no modification to get to when i am and i have used everything the kit comes with to build it. i will post many more pix when i move along....

16269848667371847652149.jpg

16315247241462847652149.jpg

16482548559765847652149.jpg

16610548668446347652149.jpg

16731248667372847652149.jpg

16844148559765347652149.jpg

16875548611574847652149.jpg

That is going to look awesome. Did you modify the internals, because it might not get out of the barrel if its stock.

well no i didnt upgrade it(yet) i want to lol but wife says no cuz i will be to tempted to shot it ac CC this year lol. but i have test shot it and it makes it out just not to far but i might know y and might be about to fix it i hope and thanks i am having fun building it ad the wife(spartan-087) did all the pep work lol she is alot better at it then me on small stuff.

It's amazing how you transformed a Recon to a sniper rifle. Amazing work. Also, if your wife ever let's you mod it, I recommend a spring with more tension. Um... of I remember correctly, PEs=½kx². So that'll be a goods reference point.

well i may upgrade it without askin lol or tellin her but they have them on ebay as 150% power spring so it will work and i have to make a inner barrel that will give it a seal to keep up the air pushing it out instead of goin around the dart lol me and my dad build a 105" artillery for airsoft that will shoot a nerf vortex foot ball over 300 feet. and we made an inner barrel for that to get the distance. and thanks glad people like what i have done. soon i will start showing off my odst work which is nice.

Yeah I will let him upgrade it. He knew from the beginning i will let him but told him at cons he cannot shoot it indoors since security will get a little ticked off

what did you use for the barrel?
I was just looking for a nerf gun to convert into a halo gun.
other than the barrel the rest was just cosmetic changes, correct?

a PVC pipe that i got from home depot it was in the electrical area so its for running underground wiring. and then yeah it is alot of cosmetic work......thankx for looking and replying.....

just 3 parts the muzzle break the center barrel support and the lower rail part now sure what that part is called lol. the rest is just cardboard cut and shaped into what u see then resined to harden and bondo'ed so its smooth

does the bondo stick to the plastic well? or did you scuff it up real good prior?
i bought this nerf gun today.
does yours still shoot the nerf darts? if so worse or better than before?

well so far it seems like it sticks good. and no i didnt scuff it up at all um well bought the lower pipe today and should be done pepping everything i hope and have thanked the wife so much for the pep work. um the parts are drying right now i will hope it will be dry soon. and then do rondo inside them and then bondo the outside later but tonight i hope to have another mock up pix but now promise. but by this weekend i hope to have it built and ready to paint..... wish me luck all and keep them posts comin. and also yeah it still shoots not to far but thats do to the outer barrel being bigger diameter then the inner barrel i hope to get something for a log inner barrel and i want to get a upgraded spring soon then i should be about 50+ feet.....

well sorry for the x2 post but update like i said before not sure if i would have it up in time but i did. here is the lastest loose dry mounting of the rifle just two more things to scrape build and a bit of bondo work and then off to the detail and paint work. what do you all thing of it now. i think its just freaking nasty looking......

I got a Recon sitting in my closet that I have been meaning to do this to...

I kinda want to get up and start now.

well i saw 2 other recons turned into guns(ma37,and the sniper) so i was like heck im pretty good and have an open mind so ill give it a shot and sorry i forgot to post the pix in the last post and edit wouldnt work for me so here they are now........
16409648715601847652149.jpg

16486248715600847652149.jpg

Very nice I was considering using the long strike and combining it with the Cs-6 recon and make a DMR with it

That would be cool looking. spartan-005 will be updating soon with more pictures he hopes to have it almost done by this weekend. Right now he's figuring out how to do the bi-pod on the rifle.

ok well here is another update i have built the bi-pod its not finished yet. but i wanted to see if it could hold its own weight. um what else nothing else i guess to update on besides today im goin to get the last things i need to detail it..... and with no more delays here are the update pix i promised.
33789489204938476521498.jpg

16689048920491847652149.jpg

16715448920493347652149.jpg

16861748920490847652149.jpg

did you scale the pep file in any way?
i am actually whinking of doing quite the same,but mostly pep.

think the parts will fit the size of the recon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back