Hey look, another ODST. (WIP) (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chest core is totally finished.
odst__complete__torso_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut4c.jpg

odst__chest_torso_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut91.jpg

There is a gap between the chest plate and the core along the sides because I used Kirrou's chest with Hugh's other files.

odst__spine_plates_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut0r.jpg

Spine plates! These turned out really well. Its hard to see due to the combination of a bad web cam and the fact that everything is painted black.

Attachments

• odst__complete__torso_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut4c.jpg
    odst__complete__torso_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut4c.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 217
  • odst__chest_torso_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut91.jpg
    odst__chest_torso_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut91.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 268
  • odst__spine_plates_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut0r.jpg
    odst__spine_plates_by_jimmydamoose-d39ut0r.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 213
This is the best I have for now.
front_view_by_jimmydamoose-d36w1rz.jpg

I took the visor out of the helmet so I can finish it. I'm want to have it finished by Sunday, so I can get a good picture of it then.

Attachments

• front_view_by_jimmydamoose-d36w1rz.jpg
    front_view_by_jimmydamoose-d36w1rz.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 209
I think it was plexiglass, extremely thin, too. I don't remember what the actual thickness is though. I got it at a local hardware store, plus I know the manager, and he has a huge box of it.

I tinted it with Testor's transparent blue spray paint. I love the color, but if you use it beware, its extremely runny and it takes a little while to dry. I highly suggest a vacuum former. It was so easy (and cheap) to make.

Finally, the helmet is complete. Well, mostly complete, there are a few things I need to do, such as permanently attach the visor and fix the padding.

I only have one picture of it right now, because my webcam sucks. I need to get the rest of the pictures from my phone. I'll post them when I do.
Anyways...
odst__mostly_complete__by_jimmydamoose-d3a3m5o.jpg

I'm thinking of doing a red stripe down the middle. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• odst__mostly_complete__by_jimmydamoose-d3a3m5o.jpg
    odst__mostly_complete__by_jimmydamoose-d3a3m5o.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 164
Awesome!

It's great to see everything coming together!

By the way, good job on the spine section. I haven't gotten that part finished yet.

Okay, I finally have the helmet finished. I had to redo the visor because the paint cracked on the original.
odst__complete__helmet_front_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahe77.jpg

odst__complete__helmet_left_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahdwy.jpg

odst__complete__helmet_front2_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahfhh.jpg

odst__complete__helmet_back_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahdib.jpg

The lovely ODST insignia on the back was my dad's suggestion. It is actually printed on sticker paper and put on as if it's a decal.

Well, thats all I have for now. I'm almost done with the comm unit, so hopefull I'll have that soon.

Attachments

• odst__complete__helmet_front_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahe77.jpg
    odst__complete__helmet_front_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahe77.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 169
  • odst__complete__helmet_left_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahdwy.jpg
    odst__complete__helmet_left_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahdwy.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 164
  • odst__complete__helmet_front2_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahfhh.jpg
    odst__complete__helmet_front2_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahfhh.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 172
  • odst__complete__helmet_back_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahdib.jpg
    odst__complete__helmet_back_by_jimmydamoose-d3ahdib.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 178
Wow, awesome work! Where did you get the file for Buck's comm unit btw? It's the one file that I can't find.

I glad to see my stuff is liked!

I have a few small things made that I may post tonight. Sadly, there won't be any major updates until after the 19th. I have to prepare a portfolio to (hopefully) get into college. But don't worry, I haven't given up!

I glad to see my stuff is liked!

I have a few small things made that I may post tonight. Sadly, there won't be any major updates until after the 19th. I have to prepare a portfolio to (hopefully) get into college. But don't worry, I haven't given up!

I've never seen your thread, but I wish I did before. This is turning out awesome. I must say, your pep skills are fantastic. This is truly a great build.

P.S. I have a visor install tut if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back