VacuFormer Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, ive seen this before, very nice! im thinking about building one. they used this to mass produce stormtroopers for star wars

hey, i was wondering. would this work with visors? im wanting to make a mark 6 visor with the vacuum form method.

That's a great design, but has a lot of cons because of the "side-to-side" design. The best, and the one that will give you more accuracy when vacumforming, design is the "top-to-bottom" design. At least that's what I've read, and in makes sense. BTW, if I'm not wrong the Pro's machines are "top-to-bottom" desing.

hm, im actually really debating this. i really want to try vacuum forming visors, but im skeptical on what it could do to the reflective tint, if it even does anything to it.

has anyone ever had experience in that field? or am i gonna have to take a chance?
imagescasg020p.jpg

Thanks Darknemisis! I was looking for something like this. It has a very detailed parts list, which helps alot. Thanks again.

it never occured to me that you could have the polymer on a hynged pannel that would flip over, though that is a little bit to hardcore for what i might use a vac former for, it is definately useful and should be passed around. good ol 501st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back