Halo Reach Armor Foam and Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFang

Jr Member
Hello everyone I would like to say that this is my first build and I'm going to try the foam technique and the pep techinque as well.
This is the armor I'm bulding
Red6.png

I'm doing the shins first. I managed to trace my templates on the foam.
PIC_0162.jpg

PIC_0163.jpg

Tomorrow I'll start to cut the foam out and glue it.

Attachments

• Red6.png
    Red6.png
    813.2 KB · Views: 344
  • PIC_0162.jpg
    PIC_0162.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 159
  • PIC_0163.jpg
    PIC_0163.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 130
Ah....I like your Vanity Spartan...and the color scheme.....I suppose your gonna pep the Kukri? I recommend to get a cast from Leekegan.....his cast comes with a sheath :D

Good luck with it. I have to point out something I noticed... Is that foam from a puzzle or one of those three dimensional objects that you put together? The edges make me believe it is so.

@SPRTNBD thanks I'll look into the kukri

@mitch35342 actually this foam is from Habor Freight it cost me $14.99 for a set of 4.

I'll be updating today once I finish cutting the foam, so keep watching.

Hmm, that's an interesting way to do it. This is the first time I've seen somebody print the pep pieces and trace them all onto the foam I think... Good luck! Curious to see how it goes :)

were did you get your player model from? i knew bungie released a program but i can't find it anymore

here ya go rvb! www.veegie.com/vanity. if the picture is what youre talking about. pretty cool little program. you may have to click through the site to get to it. click the main pic, then portfolio, then software i think

Sorry guys I'm moving to pepakura the reason why is I was glueing some of the pieces and it didn't look like the model (I made it more complicated to build) I might continue doing it in foam when I get an idea of how its made. Can I delete this thread?

Sorry guys I'm moving to pepakura the reason why is I was glueing some of the pieces and it didn't look like the model (I made it more complicated to build) I might continue doing it in foam when I get an idea of how its made. Can I delete this thread?

The guys at the top have to work their magic on the thread to make it vanish. Until then it has to die off on its own, or you might try asking one of the wizards of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back