The B.O.B. Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

Early today (Jan. 19 2011) I woke up, and noticed there was a challenge for killing a B.O.B. (Golden elite ranger), in a banshee, fast and low on legendary. The mission has to be done on New Alexandria. I spent an hour, pwning 70 something banshees, and I saw one flying very fast (boosting continuosly) and headed away, not atacking, but you have to kill him in 6 seconds or something, because he flies out of bounds. He is flying very fast, lower than you can go, so you have to shoot in front of him. I pwned him, and I want to know who else has killed him today, and let everyone know how to kill him.
...................................................................................................

I completed one of the building objectives, so that might be a requirement, and I flew right outside the building, and i saw him making a break for it.

I did the first objective, and then i flew near the map boundary, and he was gettin the heck out of there, but i shot him down, just past the barrier. It's a great sense of acomplishment, also, now i know another B.O.B. location, and ive killed well over 100 B.O.B.s

Has anybody ever discovered the purpose of the BOBs? Are they just another Bungie easter egg, or do they have a more significant purpose?

I dont think they have any purpose at all, besides bragging rights, like how many youve found and killed. Im one of the players with the best knoledge of where they are, and have over 110 B.O.B.s killed, especially after finding the one on the challenge yesterday.

The way to catch him before he escapes is as soon as the level starts on legendary there is a bride system off to the right of the objective, go down until it tells you too low pull up, and then wait for him to fly by that general are hence "fast and low". depending on where you are he'll fly right by you just keep your eyes peeled

Thankfully I was able to nail him and get the challenge before my internet started getting glitchy. There's a lot of controversy over whether this "BoB" was really a BoB. His kill doesn't register as an "Elite Light Vehicle" like most BoBs do. It's plausible that even though most BoBs register as Elite Light Vehicles, some may not due to varying circumstances. I read about one paticular BoB that wasn't wearing the ranger helm, and was silver in color, but did register as a light vehicle kill. It seems the BoB plot thickens... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back