Meepmeep's Halo: Reach Mark V helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepmeep

Hello 405th :)

I've been making the Halo Reach Mark V helmet for a project I am doing at school and I decided that I wanted to show it to people. I am onto the painting process of the helmet, but I will post pictures of my helmet with the Body Filler over it.

Also when you look at my pictures, you will notice a lot of it isn't smooth, well I have tried to sand it down, but each attempt I make, makes it far worse, so I've given up and moved onto painting, hopefully the areas won't be so obvious when painted, if they are I shall just put battle damage over them ;) C&C welcome :)

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

More pictures : http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/michaelwoods_2007/Halo Noble Six custom helmet/

It looks good, If your having problems sanding try using a power sander if you have acess to one, it will help alot, when you bondo try putting on thinner layers and work it up from there it will save you alot of sanding, but all in all looks like it just needs a little more sanding

Thanks Hyper! I was using a mouse sander to sand down the helmet also thank you for the tip! I will remember that next time I use bondo :)

Today I recieved a blue visor for the helmet, and I also applied another red coat to the helmet, in my opinion it looks far better than it did yesterday! I also have a colour scheme that I drew (rather awfully on the pc) to upload later today or tomorrow.

Update!

Thank you DarkNemesis and Snypernight :) Much appreciated!

I have again applied another coat of spray onto my helmet, hopefully I will be fully satisfied with the current coat that's drying now.

Pictures:
The first is my new visor that I said I'd take a picture of :
DSC_0022.jpg

Next is my colour scheme for my helmet:
noblesixhelmetcolourscheme12jpg.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to paint the white areas onto the helmet, then at the end of this week, when I have time, I shall add the visor to the helmet. Planning to be finished within the next week or so :)

It's been a long time since I last posted here, I have completed the painting stage of the helmet, all I need to do now is to add the visor, and then the padding! ;)

Pictures!
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Thank you, guys! The effect took hours to make, but the process is rather fun, I totally advice you to try it out sometime! :D

The helmet is finished! The visor is now stuck in using a hot glue gun, enjoy! :)

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

The helmet is actually a much brighter red, it's just the flash on my DSLR camera has make it seem darker :angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back