Odst wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dundee

Odst wip, FINISHED!

Finally got to a point where I could start another helmet. Here is what I have so far. Being as absolutely anal as possible I really hope to make a mold of this one. Probably have somewhere around 3 to 4 days just in assembly.

2uyom74.jpg

oqzzfd.jpg

2hpm90i.jpg

978xgn.jpg

Looking really good so far! Is that the Rookie Helmet? I recently finished one that was just BARELY too small for me lol, but at least it will fit my smaller friends and some of the girls. Very clean pep-work by the way, can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks! I believe that it is the rookie helmet. I printed it out back when I did my MKVI helmet and have since formatted my hard drive and lost all of my files. Out of all of the ODST helm pep files that I can find, the Rundown version is the closest, with very minor differences in pieces and edge ID's. This one is just a hair to small in the opening, but its the same size as the other one. I had to dremel out the opening on it, so Ill have to do the same here.

Looks really nice so far. How much longer do you think until your done?

Jesus Face is awesome! Was that intentional or just some kind of bizarre accident? Does your Master Chief Helmet have LEDs? If it does, that means Jesus' Face Glows! HOLY *shimmmmers*!!

looks good so far!

is there the face of jesus on the other helmet? on the left side! :D

I didn't see that until you pointed it out! I had to go look, but it appears to have been the shadows when I took the picture.

Looks really nice so far. How much longer do you think until your done?

Jesus Face is awesome! Was that intentional or just some kind of bizarre accident? Does your Master Chief Helmet have LEDs? If it does, that means Jesus' Face Glows! HOLY *shimmmmers*!!

I have both sides of the helmet on now and have started working putting the top middle pieces in. I hope to be done pepping it by tomorrow, then resin and plastic on Monday.
I actually picked up the supplies for LEDs in that helmet, but they have been sitting on the shelf for like 2 months.

More pictures soon!

OK, time for some updates! Finally finished the pep work last night. I am hoping to get the resin on the outside of the helmet and 'slush cast' the inside today. Though I am having some difficulty warming my work space today as the high here is only 13, and I am a bit concerned as far as drying times, or drying at all, due to the cold temperatures. I may just have to wait for the weekend for things to warm up.

2u8jsix.jpg

9h47bt.jpg

2ypf783.jpg

20g00zo.jpg

More updates as they come!

Last night I got the fiberglass resin on the outside, but due to the cold temperatures it took until about noon today to finish curing. Some really rough spots on the outside of the helmet due to the cold temps, but nothing that bondo and sanding wont fix. This afternoon I used a casting resin called armilite (only thing they had locally) to cast the inside of the helmet instead of doing fiberglass. So far I am happy with how it turned out. The Plastic working time is short(I think the box said 90 seconds?) making it difficult to cover the entire inside of the helmet. I ordered smooth cast 300 though to make cast after the mold process, and expect better results from it.

So everything is going good, and somewhat on schedule. The only concern I have is wether or not I have enough plastic enroute. The armilite was 28 oz and I have already used half, and I only have the smooth cast 300 trail size in the mail. How many oz of plastic does it normally take to cast a helmet without any flex?

More pictures soon and I hope to take a video of the silicone mold process. I'll keep you posted!

Nice pepping skills, I like how it looks more like a well built puzzle than my tortured paper...

Can't wait to see it!

nice who's is it (eg buck) or just a odst person

I believe its rundowns 'rookie helmet' file, unfolded by someone else. I printed it out over a year ago, formatted my hard drive and could not find an exact match with the current pep files, but rundowns is extremely close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back