Alec's Spartan III project

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecgates15

So I'm going to make myself either my Noble Six or Carter. I'm not sure yet, so at this point I'm sticking to just building the base parts until I figure it out. I don't have any pictures right now, but I'll take some in the morning.

I've already pepped the right thigh (although I need to splice in longer light panels), the right shoulder (need to re-pep it), and I'm cutting L3X's torso.

Well I know it's been a while since I said I was going to post pictures, but better late than never right?
photo-1.jpg

I'm not satisfied with the shoulder though since I forgot the edge ids. The chest still needs the collar, soft armor and supports added, and the ab plate has a slight twist in it. I also have my right thigh finished, but I'm going to redo it with the light opening shifted to the right and cut out a new hole for it.

I'm thinking the best place to split this is along these lines and have the soft armor attached to the back of the chest so it's easier to put on. I'll put buckles on the underside between the wo sections too.
Chest.jpg

I have the handplates and knife printed out to default scale (default scale isn't too big is it?), and after that I think I'll move onto the pelvis.

Looks good but i see size problems here. That chest looks small, the MK V should cover you from shoulder to shoulder. You still got a good 2 or 3 inches on both sides. That works both ways as that means it is also not going down low enough so your going to have a big gap between the cod and the chest.

Thats just my opinion. It still looks good but it will just look weird with everything else full sized.

Well the soft armor parts of L3X's piece aren't glued in yet. You know, the pieces that go around your arm and that would probably extend out to my shoulder.

i would advise against cutting the chest so close to the front because no matter how clean you make the cut its profoundly difficult to get it to sit totally flush with the other parts of the armor when you start strapping. go further back on it so you can still detach it but its less noticeable. just my experience.

Is the default size of the combat knife okay? The base of the sheath looks kind of big on the shoulder.

Awesome! Just finished my Pelvis yesterday, went out and bought all the resin and fiberglass, and my foam showed up. Anyways here's progress so far:
183201_1885041332894_1447222258_32287417_2079476_n.jpg

MyArmor.jpg

I printed out the knees and Forged's new thigh piece. I'm going to make the soft armor out of foam, but for support I'm going to leave the pepped part in it, same for the chest.

Going to resin once I get a full leg finished, and it stops pouring long enough to warm up. Been thinking about buying some magnets and making a foam pistol.

To put it together it was a challenge, but the technique is to glue it together by gluing in just the parts you cut out instead of junks; instead of building chunks to glue together, add on to one main chunk. It is plenty roomy too. On some of the little lips on the edges, they will need some backing with some scrap strips, it warped enough to leave a crease on the piece, but again the scrap fixed it enough.
Picture time!
photo.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Do you think you could post links to that cod piece your using, and perhaps the thighs, i havent been able to find them

amazing work so far man, it really looks awesome :D keep up the fantistic work :D

the thighs, you can go to forgedreclaimer's profile and search all threads and it should be there

Tried my hand at making foam boots, turned out mediocre. Not sure if I should go with foam boots or pepped boots. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back