Oblivion Legion Armor and Other Armors

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was playing oblivion and I saw the Legion armor, i thought it would make a pretty cool pep project, and speaking of oblivion related stuff , have you at 405th been looking for HD Lich King pep?

well ive got refrence pictures but the size, time and determination to such a project is HUGE, this is probably one of the most complicated peps ( if it was to be attempted )

Im inlcluding... the one thing we all like... Pictures! ( LOTS )

ok ive been trying to upload but connections are slow so follow this thread, pictures soon...

The Lich King and Legion Armor Refrence

OK heres the lich kings armor ( NOTE that this is most likely a impossible pep unless you simplify it ) and frostmourne.

ScreenShot9.jpg

ScreenShot8.jpg

ScreenShot7.jpg

ScreenShot6.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot19.jpg

ScreenShot18.jpg

ScreenShot17.jpg

ScreenShot16.jpg

ScreenShot15.jpg

ScreenShot14.jpg

ScreenShot13.jpg

Yeah I don't think any files exist for this. Depending on finances, I think your best bet is a sculpt/mold for this suit. Another option would be to possibly hire somebody (or if someone wants to be really nice and do it for free) to create a pep model for you. However, I think the skull/skeleton parts will probably have to be sculpted anyway just for the details to be decent.

I think Belakor or Nintendude (can't remember who) released some oblivion files about a year ago. I don't know if it made the transition to the new forum, but you could shoot him a PM.

ok well if someone were to take up the chlaenge that would be awesome cause im no sculptor ( altough as i type this i feel the desire to try! ), is it possible for someone to unfold and model the helmet to the almost exact detail?

No such thing as an impossible Pep (unless you wanted to do a full scale Covanent Scareb... wait, no.. still possible... just insane.) Your best bet would be to get a low deff pep file of the high detail parts, and then become friends with Bondo. :)

Actually, depending on how much you're willing to spend on this, I would suggest doing a basic pep then use clay to finish details and mold and cast the pieces. The clay would give you much better control over small details than bondo, and I think that a helm of such detail would be stronger as a cast than bondo. I mean, bondo is strong, but you certainly don't wan those 'spikes' made of hollow paper/resin finished off with bondo. And filling them would add weight to the piece, especially above the head, and probably be uncomfortable because of the top-heaviness. I would be willing to do it possibly for commission but it wouldn't be until the summer and I would only really have time to do the helm. So by the time you waited for me you'd be better off doing it yourself :D Plus you could gain the experience and make some other awesome stuff!!!

i see your point, it would seem like clay modeling and learing to cast are usefull skills in this practice! i think id beter get some clay and learn a bit before such a awesome project:)

But nonetheless who would be willing to commision this helmet, ive seen the pep version and its not very accurate, the cheeck gaurds are to protruding, so who would be willing to model this helmet with that detail?

sorry for the triple post, but heres the legion refrence pics, its realy simple to pep im sure, and just a extra idea, the templar armor from dragon age.

ScreenShot27.jpg

ScreenShot31.jpg

ScreenShot32.jpg

ScreenShot33.jpg

ScreenShot35.jpg

ScreenShot38.jpg

ScreenShot37.jpg

ScreenShot36.jpg

ScreenShot30.jpg

ScreenShot29.jpg

ScreenShot28.jpg

ScreenShot26.jpg

ScreenShot25.jpg

ScreenShot24.jpg

ScreenShot23.jpg

I would also like to see some Oblivion pepakura stuff done. If there are any existing files out there, please let me know. ;)

I decided I wanted to give the Imperial Watch Armor a shot. I went to boot up Oblivion to take my own reference screenshots, only to realise that ripping the model itself would be much easier! Haha! So right now i'm in the process of unfolding a scaled helmet first, before I invest too much time into scaling and unfolding the full suit of armor.

Untitled-1-1.png

Finished!
This was my first serious unfold, 21 pages with 172 parts, so I apologize if it's not as good as it could have been. It is currently scaled to be 466mm tall (1.52 feet), which according to my math should be good for an average 6' male. I'll be pepping this myself over the next few days, but if anybody finishes it first and could suggest any improvements I would really appreciate it!

Download contains both Letter and A4 versions of the .pdo file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back