vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can do that, or you can attach the cqb shoulder perm to the standard mark 6 shoulder. im my opinion, its easier to do it the second way.

you can do that, or you can attach the cqb shoulder perm to the standard mark 6 shoulder. im my opinion, its easier to do it the second way.

Which ever is the most accurate. that's the one I want to do. Here is one of the ref. pics I am using. i would like to get as close to this as possible.:)

02CQB.jpg

Ok, here is the resized handplate, I think it looks better than before, also managed to get a coat of resin on the helmet on Saturday.(weather was 65 and sunny, woohoo!!!)
Photo0283.jpg

Photo0284.jpg

Photo0282.jpg

More to come, stay tuned!:)

This is some exeptional pep work, I'm glad to see someone finally using L3X's amazing CQB file...
And yes, the handplates look much better now. I'm a fan of the smaller sized ones so you can actually bend your hand upward once they are on.

This is some exeptional pep work, I'm glad to see someone finally using L3X's amazing CQB file...
And yes, the handplates look much better now. I'm a fan of the smaller sized ones so you can actually bend your hand upward once they are on.

Thanks for the comments man. The helmet really is a nice pep, very detailed. Nice work on your armor too, keep up the good work. I am currently pepping the bicep and CQB shoulder attachment. Will post pics when complete. Stay tuned!

Update!

Here is the Mk.VI bicep by RoboGenisis and the CQB shoulder attachent by Belakor, They went together really well. I left off the Mk.VI shoulder in order to attach the CQB to it. It fits pretty good I think. I just taped it to the bicep to kinda get a feel for it. Please, comments and suggestions are welcome.:)

Also, does anyone know of a good hand gun pep file that would go well with this build? I have a couple but wanted to see if there are any others out there before I proceed with the weapon portion of the build. Thanks and on to the pics.

Photo0285.jpg

Photo0286.jpg

Photo0287.jpg

Photo0291.jpg

Photo0292.jpg

Update!

I found a nice pistol file (IMO) by Nightshade, . It went together pretty nicely. I also like the fact that it is in three seperate pieces for easy hardening. I left a couple of small detail pieces off. I will add them using foamies later. I am still looking for other weapon alternatives so if anyone has a good file they would like to pass along please do so. And as always, comments and welcome and appreciated. On to the pics!

Photo0295.jpg

Photo0293.jpg

Photo0296.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come!:)

Oh man, you answered all the questions I was going to help with already. Oh well! Totally a win/win situmagation :)

The route you took for the shoulders is the one I was going to recommend and it turned out great so you've got a good sense of what to do.

As for the handplates they look much better; you definitely nailed the scaling on that one! It's all coming together really nicely, especially the pistol. I have NO patience for weapon peps :p

I feel your pain on the patience thing. I wanted to stop and say screw it but...... I pressed on to the end. And man I am glad it's the end of that little pep. Oh, and thanks for attempting to help anyway, I appreciate it!

Update!

I have gotten pepped the Mk. VI HD chest by flyin_Squirl and unfolded by Ral Partha, chest and back, man I thought it would never end.:eekThe link to the file is here. It feels really good and I like the model alot. Thanks guys for the file. I did leave some of the neck area out in order to get my head through. I will add it and trim it later after it is all hardened. Forty pages later and this is the result.

Photo0299.jpg

Photo0298.jpg

Photo0301.jpg

Photo0300.jpg

Let me know what you guys think,i t means alot. Next will be the CQB chest perm attachment. Stay tuned!:D

Hey thanks guys and gals for the compliments, they are much appreciated. I am going to be pepping the cod next. This to me is one of the hardest pieces to size, either to big or too small. Any tips one sizing before I give it a go?

This is coming along great! I wonder that if instead of remaking your handplates, you could just don a pair of lacrosse or hockey gloves to add some extra super-soldier girth to your hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back