vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all looks beautiful and quite impressive, as always. I must say, though, that some of the pictures are not displaying for me...
So about that GM. I deleted some duplicate photos yesterday on Google+, and when I did it broke the links. They are showing on my screen, so it "should" be fixed now. Thanks for the awesome comment by the way. :D

I love what you did with the boots! keep up the good work!

Nice work on the boots! :)

Pat-

Thanks very much guys!

I have the ab plate redone. I Just have to seal and paint it, then attach it to the torso!
IMG_20140312_163802_477.jpg

I might be able to get it done tomorrow, we'll see how things go. :D

Ab plate is done!

IMG_20140313_144029_277.jpg

I attached it to the torso with elastic, so it will have some flex to it. Here it is without the chest attachment.
IMG_20140313_152119_656.jpg

Then with the attachment...
IMG_20140313_152303_802.jpg

You don't see much with everything on, but it still finishes it off. :D

OMG i have missed so much! lol
Righteous work man, love all the pics :)

Thanks M! I told you I've been working. :D

Little update...
I did a little weathering to the gloves last week. Here's a pic before I added anything to them.
IMG_20140314_091622_331.jpg

Here are a couple after dry brushing silver and adding the hand plates.
IMG_20140314_092213_857.jpg

IMG_20140314_092158_496.jpg

That's all for now. I hope to be able to start on the last of the foam parts here soon. As always, thanks for looking and posting. Keep on building guys and gals! :D

Hmmm! Shaping the thing ...
Thanks Mano. It's coming along!

Update!

I have the CQB shoulder attachments built. I started off by re-unfolding the attachment file for foam. Then printed and transferred them to foam for cutting. I then cut them out, and glued the raised section in place.
IMG_20140319_164605_449.jpg

Next was the section on the back. This will most likely house a battery for the led's I plan to put in. I still have to cut the hole for that though.
IMG_20140324_165259_138.jpg

IMG_20140321_100302_730.jpg

Last, I made some paper templates for the raised detail parts, and transferred those to thin foam, cut and glued them into place.
IMG_20140321_110401_216.jpg

IMG_20140324_165204_085.jpg

IMG_20140324_165232_860.jpg

Next up, cut out the area for the lense that will cover the leds, then plasti-dip, paint and and the detail screws! :D

Four scores and seven years ago this build started lol, glad to see its getting close to finished, hope to see you wearing the complete suit soon ;)

~Hyper~

Four scores and seven years ago this build started lol, glad to see its getting close to finished, hope to see you wearing the complete suit soon ;)

~Hyper~

Hah hah hah...Yeah I know, lol. It's been a bit. We'll be there pretty soon. Thanks buddy. :D

Well, here are the finished CQB shoulder attachments.

First up, is old and busted on the left...new hotness on the right. I also made the new one slightly bigger.
IMG_20140409_143207_227.jpg

IMG_20140409_144703_909.jpg

All that's left to do is add the lenses and led's.
IMG_20140409_145243_928.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Great stuff you did there, really outstanding buidling skills for foam and pep as well. Also the whole thread reads itself like a book. I started an COULDNT STOP READING !! x.X!
Really excited to see it all suited up.
By the way how do you get the thinner Foam glued to the eva? I relied on using spray adhesive but the pasti dip always warps the thinner foam or they completly falling apart. I tryed the spray and the cans for brushing a car which is thinned down but the effect is still holding on :confused

Great stuff you did there, really outstanding buidling skills for foam and pep as well. Also the whole thread reads itself like a book. I started an COULDNT STOP READING !! x.X!
Really excited to see it all suited up.
By the way how do you get the thinner Foam glued to the eva? I relied on using spray adhesive but the pasti dip always warps the thinner foam or they completly falling apart. I tryed the spray and the cans for brushing a car which is thinned down but the effect is still holding on :confused

Thanks so much for the awesome comments. I tried spray adhesive before but had the same results. I used loctite super glue to attach the thin foam to the thick stuff. It holds really well. The only thing I did to these was use a heat gun to lightly go over the entire thing to seal the pores, then sprayed plasti-dip until all the tiny bubbles were gone. I believe it was six or seven coats. Hope this helps and best of luck with your project. :D

The shoulder attachments look awesome! Hey I'm currently working on some hi-def Mark VI foam templates, but looking at your work, maybe you could share the files you used, that would save me some time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back