vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is coming along great! I wonder that if instead of remaking your handplates, you could just don a pair of lacrosse or hockey gloves to add some extra super-soldier girth to your hands!
That would definitely be something different to see. And instead of an AR I could use a camoflaged hockey stick,lol!
Ohhh man that CQB helm is Gorgeous! Can't wait to see it done :D
Hey thanks for the comments guys, I can't wait to get this suit done. I used the last of my body filler and resin when I rondoed the helmet so it is back to pepping till I can get some more.

Update!

Helmet...check, chest and back...check, tighty whities...check! :D The cod is pepped. I connected a few faces to smooth it out a little more but all in all, this piece went together quite well, so well infact, I decided to pep it twice. Lol, jk, the first one was too big. I think I got it right second time around though. The cod file is by crackhead09. On to the pics.

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0320.jpg

Photo0321-1.jpg

Photo0317-1.jpg

Sorry, the camera angle is a little off, but you get the idea.

Here is a random pic I shot with the helmet and chest together.
Photo0322.jpg

I did about 5 minutes worth of work on the helmet last night, started smoothing out some of the joints with the dremel and the flex shaft. Now I guess it's on to the shin.

Stay tuned for more next week!

wow really impressed with this build so far, I can tell it's going to come out awesome, what shoulders are you going to be using?

wow really impressed with this build so far, I can tell it's going to come out awesome, what shoulders are you going to be using?

Thanks all for the compliments guys. Check out page three to see photos of the shoulder and CQB attachment. The shoulder is by Robogenisis and the attachment is by Belakor.

Looking real good vshore! Turning into a crazy awesome build. Do you have an idea on the color configuration yet? Looking forward to see where this one goes. Keep it up!

Thanks all for the compliments guys. Check out page three to see photos of the shoulder and CQB attachment. The shoulder is by Robogenisis and the attachment is by Belakor.

lol guess I skimmed to fast the photos didn't load! looks awesome, close quarters is where it's at! and agreed^^^ I want colors! to curious!

Looking real good vshore! Turning into a crazy awesome build. Do you have an idea on the color configuration yet? Looking forward to see where this one goes. Keep it up!

lol guess I skimmed to fast the photos didn't load! looks awesome, close quarters is where it's at! and agreed^^^ I want colors! to curious!

No big deal there Pip. There are so many different options out there. These are some of the color combos I came up with just messing around in Vanity. Of course this is nothing like my suit (except for the helmet), but you get the idea for the colors any way.

White with gun metal accents
COLOR1.png

Maroon with gun metal accents
color2.png

Light green with dark green accents
color3.png

I am currently pepping the shin, I might have it up today, if not tomorrow. I also did some more work on the helmet. It is coming along.....slowly.

Excellent work Vshore100! Actually I have to admit... VERY EXCELLENT!

Great pepping skills: Clean cuts, straight lines, no visible warping (even after resin). Your scaling looks spot on.

Keep up this quality of work and your sure to have an UBER Spartan!

I'll definitly be wanting to see more progress on this. Fantastic progress!

Cheers!

One of the cleanest peps I have ever seen!!!! I love it! For the amount of time you spent on the helmet, that not bad at all! It owuld take my longer to sculpt something of that quality and I doubt it would look half as good! haha... Are you using hot glue to glue everything together?

Excellent work Vshore100! Actually I have to admit... VERY EXCELLENT!

Great pepping skills: Clean cuts, straight lines, no visible warping (even after resin). Your scaling looks spot on.

Keep up this quality of work and your sure to have an UBER Spartan!

I'll definitly be wanting to see more progress on this. Fantastic progress!

Cheers!

Thanks alot longshot. That means alot coming from you man. Your thread has helped me alot already with my build. And will help me alot in the near future as I move forward with this project.

One of the cleanest peps I have ever seen!!!! I love it! For the amount of time you spent on the helmet, that not bad at all! It owuld take my longer to sculpt something of that quality and I doubt it would look half as good! haha... Are you using hot glue to glue everything together?

Thanks man, I appreciate the comments. And as far as the glue goes, yes I am using a low temp hot glue gun. More updates to come, just printed out the thigh, gonna start on that here in a bit.

Update!

I just finished pepping the HD left thigh by crackhead09 (unfold by Ral Partha). I have now finished the entire left side. Everything fits, now it is time to pep the right side accordingly. I will probably doing some resin work until I can get to the Mart beside the Wal for some more cardstock.:( Pics below.

Photo0343.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

Photo0340.jpg

Thanks for the comments and help along the way. Feel free to let me know what you think and as always, stay tuned for more!:)

That's some great stuff you've got there!
One thing:
That shin looks a little small
The rest looks great!
Keep it up!

dang!!!! very, very awesome work!!!! just amazing and keep up the fantastic work =D
btw you pep and just wokr really fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back