vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some great stuff you've got there!
One thing:
That shin looks a little small
The rest looks great!
Keep it up!

I really like this look, BTW, It's looking great. Keep it up!

P.S. I agree with bobvdijk about the shin. Still looks good though!

hey, thanks bob and Blackula for the comments. About the shin, I pepped the boot first and then measured accordingly. I think it looks small because of the camera angle and the fact that I don't have the boot on. I will check it again though just to make sure.
About the color, I really like the look of the white and gun metal too, I think that might be the one I go with. But then again....who knows, there are so many options, we'll see. Thanks for the help fellows!
Duuude your helmet looks so sweet!
I appreciate the comment man. I will be doing some more sanding and filling on it today while at work.
dang!!!! very, very awesome work!!!! just amazing and keep up the fantastic work =D
btw you pep and just wokr really fast

Hey thanks Road Kill, I try and get the job done, but I still want it to look killer. You do some really good work there too buddy. I checked out your PB account, nice job! I am glad you guys think I am doing a good job, it really motivates me to continue.

Update!

I didn't get any more pieces pepped but I did get a chance to put a coat of resin on the chest, the small ab plate, left fore arm, and a handplate. Also, that is my buddy's hollow mask I am working on as a side project for him. I may do a thread on it at a later date.

Photo0347.jpg

Photo0346.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come!

Sorry for the DP but guess what???

Update!

Did a little sanding on the filling on the helmet today. I used the dremel to knock down the seams all around the helmet. I kinda like the way it made it look. Anyway,this is what I started with at 1:30pm.

Photo0349.jpg

Photo0348.jpg

And this is where I'm at around 4:30pm
Photo0351.jpg

Photo0350.jpg

Gonna get crackin on it again tomorrow. Have a good night!

Update!

I have been doing MORE SANDING today. It is starting to smooth out pretty good. I sprayed a guide coat on to see where I need to address next. I think it is taking shape rather nicely though.

Photo0352.jpg

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0354.jpg

Photo0355.jpg

Until next time!:)

Quick update!

I got some more work done on the helmet. I have the first coat of high build primer sprayed. It needs a couple of spots sanded, then one more coat and off to paint. I picked up some paint last night, krylon white, matte aluminum, and satin clear.

Photo0356.jpg

Photo0357.jpg

Photo0359.jpg

Photo0360.jpg

It's coming along nicely. I am gonna try and do some more resining this weekend. See you guys and gals on Monday!

Looking wicked man! I love how everything's been turning out! what color visor are you going to be doing? stricly IMO black or silver would work best, assuming it's going to be white and silver! Can't wait to see that paint finally on there!

This is so amazing ! that sucker is the smoothest thing i have seen in a long time . I hope that by the time i get finished with my suit i will be skilled enough to make a cqc helmet as good as this one

This is very Amazing!

From the way the light shines off of it, I can see that you spent a huge amount of time sanding.
Very well done!

Drools on keyboard. Dang! Now I need a new keyboard!
I have always liked the look of this helm. Looks quite bad @$$! Adding it to my things to do/want list.

Keep up the progress reports. Very inspiring and motivational!

Looking wicked man! I love how everything's been turning out! what color visor are you going to be doing? stricly IMO black or silver would work best, assuming it's going to be white and silver! Can't wait to see that paint finally on there!
Thanks there Pip! You know, I hadn't even been thinking at all about a black visor. I was gonna go with silver. What do you guys think about doing a silver with a black overlay? Thanks for mentioning that man. You got my head thinking now.
This is so amazing ! that sucker is the smoothest thing i have seen in a long time . I hope that by the time i get finished with my suit i will be skilled enough to make a cqc helmet as good as this one
Thanks alot SIK. I have spent alot of time sanding on the helmet. There is still more to do. Not much though. And don't worry man, you already have the ability to do this kind of work man, you just gotta let it out. Don't be afraid to go for it. Because in the end, it's only paper. I believe in you bro, believe in yourself. I look forward to seeing your suit very soon!:)
This is very Amazing!

From the way the light shines off of it, I can see that you spent a huge amount of time sanding.
Very well done!

Drools on keyboard. Dang! Now I need a new keyboard!
I have always liked the look of this helm. Looks quite bad @$$! Adding it to my things to do/want list.

Keep up the progress reports. Very inspiring and motivational!

Hey thanks LongShot. It means alot coming from you bro. I know that if anyone knows about sanding it's you. I really is time consuming but the end results are well worth it. If you are looking for a helmet file, I would definitely use L3X's CQB helmet file. It is pretty detailed.
Oh, and about your keyboard, I felt really bad that yours got jacked up so.....I got you this handy laser projector keyboard!
zkeyboard.jpg

I thought Cheif would approve!:cool

I'll be filling a few more itty bitty spots today, followed by one more coat of primer, and then it's off to paint.

Stay tuned!

Update!

Finally got some paint on the helmet but....the aluminum color I bought is NO where near dark enough for what I wanted.:eek
So, after looking through some more of my ref. pics I found this one...

Halo3_Spartan-pistol-01.jpg

and I thought, flat black it is then. So after picking up a can of Krylon Flat Black and some 3M green tape, I proceeded to get to work. I went ahead and sprayed the entire helmet with the aluminum.
Photo0361.jpg

Photo0362.jpg

Once the other colors are on, I can go back before I spray it with satin clear and nick the edges with 180 or 320 grit paper to give it a more weathered and worn look. So, the taping comes next...
Photo0363.jpg

Photo0364.jpg

followed by the flat black...
Photo0365.jpg

Photo0366.jpg

I will wait till the morning to untape the black, then it will be time to retape for the white. Stay tuned!:)

Looking really good so fair, Helmet is just amazing.

Hey thanks man, I appreciate that. I am really trying to make it as good as it can be without spend months and months perfecting every little detail. After all, it is gonna be battle "damaged",lol. But I must say, I am happy with it. My skills have improved since my first Iron Man helmet, so that helps too.

Update!

Got the helmet taped off ready for the white paint.
Photo0367.jpg

Rockin the paper Mohawk lol
Photo0368.jpg

and a brown beanie...
White paint is on...
Photo0369.jpg

Photo0370.jpg

I let it dry for about three hours and this is what we had.
Photo0373.jpg

Photo0374.jpg

Photo0375.jpg

Photo0372.jpg

All in all, it turned out pretty well. The black pealed some due to the silver I sprayed first. (note to self, don't do that again) Oh well, just a head start on the battle damage I guess. Next I will do a little weathering to it followed by a couple coats of the satin clear. Hope it turns out. We'll see.......

Also, I spyed this on amazon a few minutes ago and I thought it would be a pretty good buy. It is not a bad price at all. I can get the padding out of it and use the visor too. It isn't silver but I think it will do. What do you guys think?

Helmet looks soooo awesome man, great work! and I agree with Kadus, I don't think it'd be worth the 10 extra bucks for the whole helmet, take to a cycle center and ask them if a standard visor is tall enough to cover it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back