vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks alot guys for the comments, they mean alot. As far as the helmet goes, I was looking at buying the helmet so I could get the padding too, to make it more professional looking. I AM going to take a look at that ebay seller who was suggested to see if he has a better deal. Thanks for the info. And as far as a tutorial goes, I might be able to work something up, we'll see.

Update!

I think I have got it to the stage where all it needs is the visor, padding, fans, and maybe leds, not sure on that last one though.
Question, what do these two items have in common?
Photo0379.jpg

Pieces from both of them are now on my helmet! That's right. I cut the tips off of the permanent marker (four of them) and cut the head off of the 1/4-20 stainless steel allen screws (two of them)......
Photo0378.jpg

then glued them to the helmet....
Photo0382.jpg

Photo0380.jpg

I also did some battle damage. I think it really brought it together. What do you guys think?
Photo0383.jpg

Photo0385.jpg

Photo0387.jpg

Some close ups of the damage...
Photo0384.jpg

Photo0391.jpg

Photo0390.jpg

Photo0386.jpg

Photo0389.jpg

You can see where the black paint got chipped away revealing the silver underneath... sweet!
Photo0393.jpg

In other news, I have also got my second coat of resin on the torso so I will be fiberglassing the inside today hopefully....Stay tuned!

Oooohhhh....very nice sir, very nice. Just the right amount of battle damage. Nice job thinking of the bottoms of the markers for the cheek details. Again, great work!!

-Matt

The paint job is great. Nice touch on the details both the added marker ends and the weathering. I'm looking forward to seeing more pic's on the rest of the armor.

Thanks so much guys for the positive comments, they mean alot. The marker ends I think add a nice too, they were just the right size.

I ended up wet sanding the white on the helmet to dull the gloss down, (I am going to use flat white on the rest of the suit) then went back and added more weathering to the spots where I had sanded off. I was going to post a pic, but you can't really tell the difference on a computer monitor, you have to see it in person to appreciate it. I am pretty busy at work today, but my goal is to get a layer of fiberglass cloth on the torso today. I said that yesterday, but had a few things at work come up. We'll see, stay tuned!

Small Update!

I managed to get 90% of the torso fiberglassed with the first layer when I ran out of resin
emoticon-0106-crying.gif
, so I moved back to pepping until I can get some more. Working on the second handplate as we speak. That's all for now folks, stay tuned!:D

Thanks alot guys for the compliments.

small Update!

I found some foamie sheets at a local dollar market on Friday. They came with one, black, one white, and one red, all 8 1/2 x 11 sheets. They had five packs and I took them all,lol. I used the templates that came with the helmet file, traced them on the foam, cut them out, sprayed a bit of flat black paint on them, them shot them with a bit of spray glue, and stuck them on. Then I did a little silver dry brushing on them just to blend it all together. It turned out pretty good over all.

Photo0401.jpg

Photo0400.jpg

On the down side, I still haven't gotten to get a visor, (I do take donations, wink,wink,lol).I need to pick up more resin to keep hardening stuff with but probably gonna have to wait until next payday.
emoticon-0106-crying.gif
So until then, it'll most likely be slow going on the updates. I'll just keep pepping away!
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hey thanks alot Tyr and Roceifin, your comments mean alot guys.
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well, this is what I have left to pep. On the left: forearm, shoulder, and CQB attachment. On the right: boot, Shin, and thigh.
Photo0402.jpg

This will keep me busy for a little while,lol!

I really like this CQB!! It's turning out awesome. I love the color scheme. Probably the best CQB I've seen. Awesome work man!

Hey Black, thanks alot man. That means alot comng from someone who built a helmet as killer as yours. How is are the casts coming along?

I managed to get the entire right arm pepped.

Just have to do full leg and boot now. I am doing a commission job now so it may be a little while before I can update. Gotta support this armor building habit somehow right?

Hello my fellow 405th peeps. It's been a little while since I had an update. I have been busy with a comission job. I finally got some more resin
emoticon-0137-clapping.gif
and got 1 coat on all the pieces that I have pepped so far. I would post pics but The internet at work is on the fritz
icon_e_sad.gif
and (according to AT&T) we are losing 92% of our connection so, needless to say, I can barely load this page and post to it. Instead I will just post the link to my PhotoBucket page and you can view my pics there for the time being here. I only have to pep the right thigh, shin, and boot and all the pep work will be done for the suit.
emoticon-0169-dance.gif
I also got a pack of fiberglass cloth so I will have the torso glassed for a second time here in the next couple of days hopefully. Stay tuned!
icon_e_biggrin.gif

You're build is coming along great. that helmet is just off the charts. can't wait to see how it all looks done up together with the suit.

You're build is coming along great. that helmet is just off the charts. can't wait to see how it all looks done up together with the suit.

Hey, thanks Thorn. I was messing around with the helmet this weekend and I stuck some foam in it to see what it looked like. I am going to get a cheap motorcycle helmet and pull the padding out of it though, for a more professional look. Then get a visor and a fan or two, she'll be good to go.

Dude, that helmet is one awesome job! I can't wait to see this build finished :D

Good luck with the internet working, and the visor. I'll definitely be following this

Dude, that helmet is one awesome job! I can't wait to see this build finished :D

Good luck with the internet working, and the visor. I'll definitely be following this
I appreciate the comment Swift. I have been looking for other ways to make a visor, trying to come up with something creative.

that helmet is looking sick. the detail and the idea of cutting the ends off of the pen is brilliant and works works really well blending into the helmet. outstanding work. can't wait to see the rest of it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back