vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks Very Good and professional!
I hope my Suit looks as good as yours ;)
Thumps up.:thumbsup

Thanks b4m! I'm sure that your suit will turn out amazing! Be sure to make a thread once you get started so we can see what you've done! :D

60365830.jpg
ShockWave ... But if I'm really good at making stuff, and you're really good at making stuff, we can join forces and make really really good stuff!!!! Then we can still be friends! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i like that idea too! I get to be the third guy who learns stuff from you two... Dibbs..... lol

I want more pictures of you in your suit doing stuff!! Make it happen... lol

It has been a while! I've had a bit of down time so I finally got around to adding leds to my CQB shoulder attachments. I used the pre-made led kits that you can buy at the Dollar Store, Walmart, etc. I used the frosted plastic lid from a bondo resin container as the lens, then sanded the leds to help them disperse the light better, and glued them in behind the lens. To finish things off, I covered the leds and the entire back side of the lens in hot glue to further disperse the light. All in all, it was a fun little project and added that little touch of detail that the shoulders were missing. :D

IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0323.JPG IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0328.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 216
I get that - the question was more for people who haven't bought their LEDs yet.

Thats a great point :)
But if i cant find diffused ones then i know i can do it myself lol. To be honest i didnt know they sold ones already diffused... Im a noob like that lol

I actually ended up looking at a bunch of different methods for diffusing LEDs.
I've been planning on making an "Everything LED" thread, but since I'm not well versed in all the lighting options out there, I've been holding off.

A huge thanks to my good friend EVAkura for the awesome H3 torso under suit wrap for my CQB armor! It looks even better in person! I'm planning a full suit up tonight, or tomorrow night to make sure everything is good for my first ever con on Saturday! I'll be attending Derby City ComicCon in Louisville. I'm pretty excited about it!

IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0420.JPG

I also decided to add a colored stripe on the right thigh to match the one I did for the right CQB shoulder attachment. I think it turned out pretty good. Note to self and anyone else reading this, don't use mustard on flat paint for masking. It will leave the area with a yellow tint to it. Next time it'll be lotion instead as EVAkura suggested I do. I'll just go in a touch it up though, it's an easy fix.

IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0457.JPG

Looking good vshore!
I definitely can't wait to see pics of you fully suited up!

Here are some shots that we took the day before the con.
IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0475.JPGIMG_0469.JPG IMG_0467.JPG

And here's a shot with me and Ace Ventura himself, lol.
IMG_0484.JPG

And the fruits of my first ever con...
IMG_0483.JPG

All in all, it was an awesome time. The only area of the armor that gave me any trouble was the chest/back. About mid way through the event I started developing huge knots on the backs of my shoulders due to the back rubbing and putting pressure in that area. I may end up re-making these parts in foam, or see if I can come up with a suitable padding solution that won't take away from the look. Either way, it was a lot of fun and I'm ready to do it all over again! :D

Awesome!
I mean, I already saw it on Instagram, but still, awesome! :)

So, after spending 3 years on this, how does it feel to finally be done?

Awesome!
I mean, I already saw it on Instagram, but still, awesome! :)

So, after spending 3 years on this, how does it feel to finally be done?

It feels pretty good. Now I want to go back over several areas and add more details, LEDs, etc. to really make it stand out even more. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back