vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA!! It's freaking BEAUTIFUL!! AMAZING JOB!!
Thanks much Evan.:)
because Kentucky is to far for me to come gaze upon it in person? lol
Oh,lol. Well, if it makes you feel any better, my family and I plan on moving back to Texas in a few years. Probably San Antonio area. We lived in Houston for a while but had to move back to Kentucky for personal reasons. I really miss it there.:(

Lol well as long as the FAA keeps me in Texas, get your butt down here!
I'll be there as soon as I can buddy.:)
Looking good.
Thank you very much.:)
looks awesome dude! you just inspired me to continue with mine lol, its been a while!
You better not stop building. We need all the armor we can get. Oh, and I'm glad I have inspired you man.:)

I got my visor in the mail yesterday. Some where through the delivery process one of the mounting tabs got broken off, but I'm not too upset about it. Gotta cut it off any way. I still hope to have it mounted by the weekend. We'll see!:)

You give all of us noobs hope! Absolutely love the progress.

I keep telling myself, patience. All the boring work will be worth it in the end. Keep up the great work.

Oh man, THis is looking good dude. Great work man! There a ton of awesome projects hitting all at once. My mind is blown by all the epicness....lol!

You give all of us noobs hope! Absolutely love the progress.

I keep telling myself, patience. All the boring work will be worth it in the end. Keep up the great work.
Yes it is worth it. Just take your time, make it how you want it, and stick with it. You'll be glad you did.:)
heck yeah! this is looking great!! More pics!!! :D
Why thank you "Sir Carter". I really enjoyed seeing your build come to life. I will try to get more pics up as soon as I can.:)
DANG man the armor looks awesome =D keep up the fantastic work man =D
Thanks RK, I appreciate that man.:)
Oh man, THis is looking good dude. Great work man! There a ton of awesome projects hitting all at once. My mind is blown by all the epicness....lol!
Tony, my brotha from anotha motha,lol!:D Thanks for the kind words. And I agree, there are many great projects coming to life lately. I love it!:)

The dual visor is finally in!
CQBpics055.jpg

CQBpics056.jpg

CQBpics057.jpg

I still have to do some minor tweaking on the detail visor. Some of the lines aren't as straight as they could be, but that will come later. If it doesn't pour down rain tonight, I plan on wearing it around the neighborhood with the kids for a while. Should be fun. Be safe tonight 405th. Oh...and have fun!:)

Wow...I just love how that visor came out. Good luck on you're Halloween adventure I hope the weather hold up for you.

We had an awesome time last night. The kids got tons of candy and got scared a couple times too,lol. I wore my helmet and chest around last night and got tons of looks. I had some one yell, "hey R2D2", didn't stop to look though. You could tell they were being jerks. I was stopped by a family in a truck last night who were out with their children. They said, "now that's impressive". It made me feel pretty good that someone else appreciated the hard work that has been put in so far. They really freaked out when I told them I made it and it started life as paper. I took my helmet off and handed it to the teenaged boy in the front seat. His eyes lit up like a kid at christmas. He immediately put it on and had his dad in the back seat take some pics of him wearing it. I told them to go home and check out the 405th online so we may have another spartan joining the ranks soon,lol. All in all, it was a really fun night. Catch ya later peeps.:)

Just imagine, if you got a reaction like that from only the chest and helmet (dual visor looks Awesome btw!), think of what's going to happen once the full suit is done!

Just imagine, if you got a reaction like that from only the chest and helmet (dual visor looks Awesome btw!), think of what's going to happen once the full suit is done!

Oh man, I know. It'll be pretty cool I imagine. I'm pretty excited about it. Thanks for the comment aussie. I haven't had a chance to do any more work to the armor since my last post. Work and life are taking that time up. I am also going to be making something Iron Man related for my nephew again this year. Last year I made him an Iron Man helmet and he nearly croaked. He didn't stop smiling all night. So I'm excited to see his reaction this year. I'll get back on the CQB soon. Stay tuned.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back