vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always figured CQB stood for close quarters battle? I know CQC is close quarters combat.
I may be wrong though, but it makes more sense to my brain lol.

All the upgrades sound awesome, cant wait to see some of them :)

I'm digging the visor vshore! This was always my second favorite helmet

You are correct.

Yep, you got it M! Thanks very much for the great comments guys. They are always appreciated! :D

Here's a little led action before the final suit up...

1024142014.jpg

Wow shore that looks amazing. Lots of good advice in here for when I start my ODST build.

That looks AWESOME!!!

Wow shore that looks amazing. Lots of good advice in here for when I start my ODST build.

Looks awesome my friend

Thank you all very much for the comments!

Well.....It's finally done! Well....Let's be honest, they are never "really" done, but for talking sake..it's complete!

1026142001.jpg
1026142000c.jpg

1026142005.jpg
1026141959a.jpg

1026142006.jpg
1026141959d.jpg

I added a Satin Lagoon stripe to the right shoulder for a little extra detail. I'll probably add one to the right thigh soon too.
1026141916.jpg

From time to time, Google+ automatically creates an animation from two or more photos. It actually did pretty good on this one, It looks like I was getting ready to fire, then stopped to see if any ammo was in the mag, lol.
1026141959-MOTION.gif

All in all, I'm really pleased. There are things that I would do different, especially knowing what I know now, but for my first full build, I'm happy. I'll be adding more leds to the suit as time goes on, making some bits for the undersuit, adjusting parts, and adding things to make it more comfortable and durable.

Thanks for sticking with me throughout this 3+ year long journey, it's been a wild ride, to say the least. :D

Looks Great man!! I am Glad to finally see it "finished" it looks like it fits really well to.

I know what you mean by looking back on things to change I had that whole phase last year it is fun to back and revisit and improve things even when it is only minute details.

Great job!!

Looks Great man!! I am Glad to finally see it "finished" it looks like it fits really well to.

I know what you mean by looking back on things to change I had that whole phase last year it is fun to back and revisit and improve things even when it is only minute details.

Great job!!

If we still had an elite section I guarantee It would be there! Epic work!

Thanks to both of you for the comments! :D

Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Of course it looks nothing like a stormtrooper, but it is very white (and clean). I know the low-res photos don't show your weathering. What it does look like is epic. I too lament the loss of the Elite section. This costume has long been headed there. Even so, great work stands above the crowd. Great job!

Redshirt

Sooo epic. Amazing work.

Thanks! :)
Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Of course it looks nothing like a stormtrooper, but it is very white (and clean). I know the low-res photos don't show your weathering. What it does look like is epic. I too lament the loss of the Elite section. This costume has long been headed there. Even so, great work stands above the crowd. Great job!

Redshirt

Hey Red! Yeah, I got called a storm trooper, robot, and a couple of other things. There were a few that knew it was Halo, but none guessed the specific variant. Thanks for the awesome comments, and the vote for Elite...even if it no longer exists. :D

I spent pretty much a good hour looking through this, thread. I'm pretty impressed. I will go through more than once when I start on my ODST build in 2-3 weeks. I will come back here time and time again, heavily eye-balling every detail for weathering, bondo + rondoing and fibreglassing... The hole flipping lot. I love the way it looks and the lighting is fantastic. I couldn't imagine it any better than it is!
Although I'm just a Noob, FANTASTIC WORK!

Regards, 221

looks really good

I spent pretty much a good hour looking through this, thread. I'm pretty impressed. I will go through more than once when I start on my ODST build in 2-3 weeks. I will come back here time and time again, heavily eye-balling every detail for weathering, bondo + rondoing and fibreglassing... The hole flipping lot. I love the way it looks and the lighting is fantastic. I couldn't imagine it any better than it is!
Although I'm just a Noob, FANTASTIC WORK!

Regards, 221

The final product looks amazing. I love all the details that you put into this build. :)

Dude! You really did a fantastic job! Hats off to you! I´am hoping to see more from you! xd

Pat-

Thanks to everyone for the awesome comments! It feels good to finally have a suit done. I finally got "Manny" done and the armor mounted. Here it is at our Churches annual Art's Night. Several people asked if there was anyone in it, so I guess it was pretty convincing. JUSTINIAN 117 suggested that I make a second set of boots to put on the stand, to finish off the look. I may have to do that eventually. :D

1121141755.jpg

OMG V!!! I cant believe i missed the "finished" pictures! my bad, i have not been on here much as of late. been busy with life stuffs. And also with other side projects ;-)
The armor looks fantastic :)
Glad to see it all put together.

Thanks M! I'm glad to see if finally together myself, lol. It's been far too long. I see what you did there btw... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back