vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news.....
I was heading out for work this morning. I opened the door to go out into the garage and noticed that I forgot to close the main garage door last night before we went to bed. (I don't normally do that) I proceeded to get in my car and noticed the stuff from my center console was laying in the drivers seat. I thought one of my girls had came out to get a cd and didn't put the stuff back in. No biggy. Then I noticed my sun visor was down, the sunglass holder was open, as well as the glove box. Ok, something's not right here. Next I looked in my van window and saw the glove box and center console was open there too. Some one has been in my garage in the middle of the night. I proceeded to look around and found they took my 18v Dewalt impact driver, 18v Dewalt cordless drill, and my Paslode finish nailer. They took me for about $750 worth of stuff. I have insurance, but after the deductible, I could replace one of the items and watch my insurance go up. I was glad to see they didn't mess with my CQB stuff and my Dremel. I mean, how would I work on my armor right? So....................I just prayed that if it was someone who really needed that extra money to feed their kids or something, ok. But if it's just some kids up to no good that they be caught and punished for it. That's about all I can do. My neighbor also had her car rummaged through last night and they took here registration for what ever reason. I checked though, mine are still there. What a crazy world we live in. I thought our neighborhood was super safe. We have never had anything like that happen around here. Just goes to show you can never be too careful.

So 405th, remember to close your garages and lock all your doors, you never know who is watching. Peace out!

Geeze man i get off the site for two weeks and look what happens. jk. I know how you feel though bro. Someone bought 300 bucks worth of stuff with my account info. Thats why i havent been on. I have been trying to get all the stuff handled with the bank.

On a side not the helmet looks awesome. I have those LEDs too lol. I havent installed them yet or anything. I still need to get a visor and install the padding... yadda yadda yadda lol Damn the person that stole my money lol

Well keep up the good work man :)

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope you get it straightened out soon. Oh, and thanks for the comments.

Ok boys and girls, time for an update!

We're in our slow period at work so I thought it was time to get to work on the CQB again. The helmet is just about finished. (for now anyway) Just need to get my second visor ordered and pick up some heat shrink tubing to get rid of the electrical tape that I'm currently using to cover the wiring.
CQBpics014.jpg

Here is the padding finished up. It is removable and is quite comfortable.
CQBpics013.jpg

I have also been working on the chest a little today. I dremeled all the seams the other day and today started filling and smoothing it all out. If you do not currently have a mouse sander or any type of palm sander for that matter, I encourage you to get one. It will make your sanding time so much more enjoyable. Any way...here are a couple pics of where I started...
CQBpics010.jpg

and where I am at the close of business today.
CQBpics011.jpg

CQBpics012.jpg

Not much, but atleast it's moving in the right direction.

Also, I have been working on my sidearm of choice. The Reach M6G. I know it's not H3 but I like it better so....you know. The file comes courtesy of carpathiavh99 and is the sliced version as you can see in the pics below. It's a very nice file and thanks to you carpathia for putting it out there for us. Now, my material wasn't quite 1/16" thick as was suggested so I had to do a couple more of certain pieces to keep it the same thickness. Here are the progress pics...
CQBpics001.jpg

CQBpics002.jpg

CQBpics003.jpg

CQBpics006.jpg

CQBpics007.jpg

CQBpics009.jpg

So, that's all for now. As always your comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Stay tuned!:)

Looking good buddy! I haven't started my chest yet, little worried how its going to print.
OH btw, your thread has been an awesome reference for my build, thanks heaps!

Looking good buddy! I haven't started my chest yet, little worried how its going to print.
OH btw, your thread has been an awesome reference for my build, thanks heaps!

Thanks man, I'm glad my build has helped you out. Hope you get that chest printed soon.:)

Another update...
I made a little more progress on the chest today. I had some weak spots in the chest so I decided to go ahead and put a light coat of rondo on the inside. I also rondoed the cqb attachment. While I was at it I cut off the straps that came with the pep file and decided to use my own. I cut a couple of pieces of scrap wood to use as risers for my parachute clips so I can connect the attachment to the chest.
CQBpics015.jpg

CQBpics016.jpg

CQBpics017.jpg

Here is what it looks like mocked up. Nothing is glued.
CQBpics018.jpg

CQBpics019.jpg

I also worked on the top attachment for the M6G.
CQBpics020.jpg

CQBpics021.jpg

All that's left is to do the data link and clip. Then it's on to sealing and finishing. Thanks for taking the time to view my build. Let me know what you think.:)

This is coming along quite nicely there sir!! I like your idea for how to mount the chest attachment. The sliced M6 also looks great, especially with the detail. One quick question, and you may have answered it already, what material did you use for the pistol?

-Matt

This is coming along quite nicely there sir!! I like your idea for how to mount the chest attachment. The sliced M6 also looks great, especially with the detail. One quick question, and you may have answered it already, what material did you use for the pistol?

-Matt
Thanks shane for the comment buddy. I saved some old packing material that we got from a shipment a while ago. It was a 3'x4' piece of thick card, (I guess that's what you'd call it) It is one mm thick. carpathia recommended 1/16" thickness, so to get around that, I just made a few more of the center sections to build it out to the correct width. Thanks for looking man and if you need any more help don't hesitate to ask.:)

I have been sanding more on the chest today. I will try to have updated pics on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back