vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking sweet my friend, Love the front chest attachment.
Thanks buddy. I appreciate it.

I have been doing more sanding and priming today on the chest and the attachment. It's coming along.....slowly.
CQBpics022.jpg

CQBpics023.jpg

CQBpics025.jpg

The attachment with it's first bit of filler, sanding, and primer...
CQBpics024.jpg

CQBpics026.jpg

Thanks for viewing and commenting. Stay tuned!:)

Glad to see you are going strong, looks awesome. Does the knife come out? Just currious.

Glad to see you are going strong, looks awesome. Does the knife come out? Just currious.

Thanks Jocko. No the knife doesn't come out........yet. After I get the rest of the suit finished up I'll go back and do some of the smaller stuff like make the knife functional.:)

Looking good Vshore! Really digging the add -on. Great work!

Thanks buddy. I appreciate that.

It's been a little while since I updated, been sick the last couple of days so didn't get much work done. I did manage to get the chest and back separated and did a little foam work on the attachment as well as cut the holes for the lighting. This was all done at the end of last week. Still have quite a bit to do but it's coming along. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!:)
CQBpics028.jpg

CQBpics029.jpg

CQBpics027.jpg

V!! DUDE This is totally sick bro. I am sorry i have not been on a lot to cheer for you more. LIFE issues lol. But i am loving the way its all coming together. We were totally on the same page for the chest attachment, i planned on doing the parachute clips as well. But the wood for risers is a great idea. :) And heck yeah you better make that knife functional lol. how else you gonna kill the covenant from behind :p lol anyways bro, everything looks great. Keep it up :)

Man, seeing you guys and your awesome HD Mark VI's makes me really wish I had gone the HD route! Great work as usual! Really loving the CQB chest attachment, I really haven't seen that many people attempt Halo 3 chest permutations, so I love seeing this. Keep up the great work as usual. :cool

V!! DUDE This is totally sick bro. I am sorry i have not been on a lot to cheer for you more. LIFE issues lol. But i am loving the way its all coming together. We were totally on the same page for the chest attachment, i planned on doing the parachute clips as well. But the wood for risers is a great idea. :) And heck yeah you better make that knife functional lol. how else you gonna kill the covenant from behind :p lol anyways bro, everything looks great. Keep it up :)
Lol M, the knife will be functional eventually. Thanks man.:)
Shore,

The sanding work looks great. You've come far with this build. Keep it going, it is a lot of fun to see the progress.

wow..i just stumbled upon this....awesome work!! that helmet is fantastic
Thank you both very much.
Man, seeing you guys and your awesome HD Mark VI's makes me really wish I had gone the HD route! Great work as usual! Really loving the CQB chest attachment, I really haven't seen that many people attempt Halo 3 chest permutations, so I love seeing this. Keep up the great work as usual. :cool
Don't sell yourself short SF, your suit is great! I really enjoyed seeing it come to life. That's one of the reasons I picked the CQB...not many people have done them completely. And two....it's just cool looking to me. thanks all for reading. I'll try and have another update early next week. Have a great weekend 405th!:)

Update time!

I did a little more work on my helmet. I filled in the gaps between the visor and the helmet with the stuff...
CQBpics030.jpg

I bought it at Lowes for less than $5.00 and I must say it worked really well. It sets fast,( ready to sand in like 45 minutes I think), and it sand easy too. Here is the result after I got finished with it. It may need a little tweaking but it is plenty good for now. I also painted the helmet around the visor more like the game version. (ignore the red circle on the forehead)
cqblight.jpg

Before and after pics for your viewing pleasure...
photos016.jpg

CQBpics041.jpg

I also more or less finished the CQB attachment. I found a way to dirty up flat paint quickly(light colors anyway). Just rub newspaper over the places where you want it to look worn down and presto! Here's a couple of pics of the newspaper weathering, and silver dry brushing with the lights in it. Kinda hard to see all the details but it turned out really well.
CQBpics031.jpg

CQBpics032.jpg

CQBpics039.jpg

CQBpics040.jpg

CQBpics038.jpg

CQBpics037.jpg

That's all for now. As always comments are welcome and much appreciated. Stay tuned!:)

Holy Sh*t this is beautiful O_O
Thanks, I really appreciate it.:) Try not to use potty words on the forum, even if they are blocked by little symbols. There are plenty of others to use. Thanks again!

Great work vshore! It looks awesome, especially the CQB chest attachment. :cool I have to admit though, I think the helmet looked a bit better without the newly painted border around the visor opening, but that may just be because the main visor is not installed. Keep up the great work! (And I see you're yet another person who has found the wonders of epoxy putty! ;))

Vshore the newspaper weathering looks great! I somewhat agree with Spitfire22V, not so much it would look better without, but maybe just a little thinner, but thats just me, in the end its your suit, each to their own. Either way it looks awesome, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back