vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vshore100

Member DIN
S091
vshore100's CQB build - Partial Suit up!!!

Hey all, after finishing my first Iron Man helmet, I thought I would try my hand at something different, so I went with L3Xs CQB helmet. The file link is here. A big thanks to you L3X for the file, you did a fantastic job on it. This was a time consuming pep, but I think it was well worth it. I took pics of each phase of the build up. I assembled the helmet in sections, and then proceeded to link it all together.

First off, I started with the chin and both side vents
Photo0243.jpg

Next I added the cheeks and indentions on the sides
Photo0249.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

Next I assembled the top front of the helmet with pod
Photo0252.jpg

Then I pepped the rear portion of the top of the helmet
Photo0254.jpg

and pieced the two together
Photo0256.jpg

paused for an RDM (random dork moment):eek
Photo0258.jpg

Next up, the lower rear portion of the helmet
Photo0259.jpg

Then I put the two remaining pods in and began assembling the sections, and this is what we have
Photo0263.jpg

Photo0262.jpg

Photo0261.jpg

Photo0260.jpg

Hope you guys (and gals) like it. Let me know what you think.

More to come soon!:)

The pep work turned out great....extremely clean and symmetrical. I think these are the first images I've seen of that particular helmet built, and kudos to you sir!! Again, great work!!

-Matt

Thanks alot guys for the comments, I really appreciate them.

EXTREMELY clean pepping! That'll be a joy to finish! How long did that take you? Gosh!
Boba, it tooks me around thirteen hours or so to finish the pep. Needless to say, I took my time.

With a helmet that detailed on the pepping, you will barely have to use any bondo.
That is always my goal when pepping. Pay attention to the model. Study it. If there are places that don't need to be scored, don't do it. If the paper can be pulled around a bend without scoring, it will only make your finish work easier. Remember, the more time you spend in the paper stage, the less time you will spend when you start to smooth everything out, and ultimately make for a better finish product!

Update!!!

I finished the left Mk.VI forearm by nugget, here, and Mk.VI handplate by robogenesis, here. Both are great files. Thanks guys for putting them out there for us to use.

Photo0277.jpg

Photo0276.jpg

Photo0278.jpg

Photo0280.jpg

Photo0279.jpg

I think they turned out really well.

Here are a couple of pics of me wearing them. Opinions please, Does the hand plate look just a little too big? I have already pepped and resized it once, it was huge before. Judging by the reference photos I have, it doesn't look off by much. Let me know please.

Photo0275.jpg

Photo0272.jpg

Photo0274.jpg

No wise cracks about the gun, it's what I had. Packs a punch, like the ones in Men in Black,lol!:D(yes I watched it, I ain't ashamed):cool

I think it's about 10-20% too big; not much. When you open your hand it shouldn't cover your knuckles, from my understanding. If you could give us a photo of your hand on a table with the hand plate, no gloves, it would help the conclusion.

AWESOME job so far, very impressive!

I think it's about 10-20% too big; not much. When you open your hand it shouldn't cover your knuckles, from my understanding. If you could give us a photo of your hand on a table with the hand plate, no gloves, it would help the conclusion.

AWESOME job so far, very impressive!

Here you go man. Thanks for the help.
Photo0281.jpg

I'd say about 1.5-20 centimeters shorter, other than that your helmet pepping skills are just blowing me away right now :cool

Yeah that hand plate is rather large it probably would fit Master Chief himself or Dwight Howard, anyways I measures mine from the top of my knuckles to where my wrist bends with my hand, took that measurment converted it to millimeters and entered that size into the height section in the 2d menu for change scale measurment hope this helps but somebody will probably explain it better good luck

I'd say about 1.5-20 centimeters shorter, other than that your helmet pepping skills are just blowing me away right now :cool
Yeah that hand plate is rather large it probably would fit Master Chief himself or Dwight Howard, anyways I measures mine from the top of my knuckles to where my wrist bends with my hand, took that measurment converted it to millimeters and entered that size into the height section in the 2d menu for change scale measurment hope this helps but somebody will probably explain it better good luck

I agree with both of these statements. You're extremely close, but Hyper's recommendation of the measuring will give you the perfect sizing.

Hey thanks man, I appreciate the comment. How is your build coming?
Thanks for the info, measuring now.
I agree with both of these statements. You're extremely close, but Hyper's recommendation of the measuring will give you the perfect sizing.
Thanks for the info, measuring now. Will post when finished.

Looking good, it should be a nice build when you're done.

I think like thorn696. It's a really good work for the moment :D

Thanks guys for the comments, it will be kinda slow going, but I will get it done eventually. BTW, does the CQB use the Mk.Vi bicep with no shoulder, and then attach the CQB plate to the bicep itself? Kinda hard to see with the ref. photos I have. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back