Forerunner Armor, Has Anyone Made It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only bad part with it is it may be a little awkward to walk for awhile. Why does Microsoft hate me? At the same time I find good deals for the foam there planning to release a map pack in March for Reach, now I have to get money for microsoft points to.

Something I just thought of for the body. For flexability it could be made like a muscle costume, carved foam with cloth glued to it.

It would have to be really flexible since its connected to the entire suit, and be able to keep the smooth look. Well now that I'm addicted to Warcraft in 5 days I'll be depressed when my trial expires but that will leave a hole which I will fill with either more Halo or more costume making.

It would have to be really flexible since its connected to the entire suit, and be able to keep the smooth look. Well now that I'm addicted to Warcraft in 5 days I'll be depressed when my trial expires but that will leave a hole which I will fill with either more Halo or more costume making.
I gotta say WoW is addicting, lol.
Anyway, why not do both (Halo and costuming)? XD

Would it still retain the metallic yet smooth look we're going for?

That depends on what cloth/foam combo you use. Besides, I have never read(that I can remember) that the armor is shiny metalic, it could be mat grey.

I'm thinking the same concept as thisbut, with foam or a flexing frame for the whole body. My first thought for fabric was spandex. It's strechy so you wont need much exces material for full flexability.

What also might be done, use eva foam for themain parts then the thin 1/16" craft foam around the joinst.

This thread keeps reminding me of another solid surface costume I saw a year or so ago. A rock gollem I believe

Spandex would probably be good for the undersuit, then attach the seperate pieces to it. I found some 2' foam matts at my walmart so I wont need to wait for shipping. In the mean time I need to get started on the rest of my Spartan suit and making some templates and what not.

I swear... that last image was a picture of an enemy in like halo 2.... not a forerunner
*facepalm* Please tell me you're joking. -_-
First off it's a Forerunner armor concept made by Isaac Hannaford created for the Forerunner book trilogy.
Secondly the only "enemies" that even remotely resemble it are Sentinels, but they looked like floating heads compared to this.

Spandex would probably be good for the undersuit, then attach the seperate pieces to it. I found some 2' foam matts at my walmart so I wont need to wait for shipping. In the mean time I need to get started on the rest of my Spartan suit and making some templates and what not.

Sweet, I can't wait to see you Spartan piece. Hopefully we can see some Foreunner bits as well. ^_^

At the moment I have a Recon helmet and an almost finished cod piece.

I'm low on resources, I don't have any good paper or cardboard to make templates out of so it looks like I'll need to improvise on that one. I also plan to detail the weapon pieces with the foam so they look a lot better then they do in their cardboard form.

wait are you just looking for fore runner files?
if you are they can be found here halocostuming.wikia.com, i think it is only the helmet, a tester helmet, and the handle of the gun
if that is not what you are talking about, that would be pretty cool to see :)
hope this helped you a little

At the moment I have a Recon helmet and an almost finished cod piece.

I'm low on resources, I don't have any good paper or cardboard to make templates out of so it looks like I'll need to improvise on that one. I also plan to detail the weapon pieces with the foam so they look a lot better then they do in their cardboard form.
Ok, I look forward to seeing the weapons upgraded and your spartan pieces. ^_^

wait are you just looking for fore runner files?
if you are they can be found here halocostuming.wikia.com, i think it is only the helmet, a tester helmet, and the handle of the gun
if that is not what you are talking about, that would be pretty cool to see :)
hope this helped you a little

No I already knew about the files on wiki. Thanks though.
We're trying to build the armor from the ground up. ^_^
I just provided the pictures and info, Mike's doing the real work.

oh ok, i see well good luck man and excited to see it because no one I think has ever made fore runner before so excited :D

Hm... Last post was on the 24th and now its the 27th, I don't think this thread should die off easily. Still don't have my foam but I may have it by the first of March. So until then lets talk about ForeRunner rumors and what not.

Hai hai! ^_^

Ok only a day or 2 till then. I can't wait to see the work you will do. :)

Forerunner rumor of the day:
It is rumored that the Precursors created the Forerunners, and that the Humans and Forerunners are one in the same.
They just became separated.

Forerunner rumor of the day:
It is rumored that the Precursors created the Forerunners, and that the Humans and Forerunners are one in the same.
They just became separated.

Still haven't read the rest of Cryptum yet but I'll get tat 100 pages read in the next few days. From what I've read and know the Forerunners are very similar to Humans in many ways.

I was under the impresion that Humans and Forerunners were more like cosins. After the Human-Forerunner war, or rather just before the Halos were set off, the Lybrarian chose Humans as the succesors to the Mantle.

Back on topic:
I just got some EVA foam for the Promethian. After I finish some of my other prodjects I will jump right on it.

I was under the impresion that Humans and Forerunners were more like cosins. After the Human-Forerunner war, or rather just before the Halos were set off, the Lybrarian chose Humans as the succesors to the Mantle.

Back on topic:
I just got some EVA foam for the Promethian. After I finish some of my other prodjects I will jump right on it.

From the information that we have. That's basically how they are related, but the Didact seems to hint at something else.

Anyway I'm glad to hear you got the foam. I look forward to seeing the work you do.

I know that the gun and one of the helmets used to be on the wiki, but i don't know if they are still there or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back