405th Unity project Idea (For charity, need volunteers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update everyone!

I just put the final layer of sooth-cast 300 in the helmet! Ill post pics tomorrow!

UPDATE :

The helmet is going to be shipped to nintendude tomorrow!

Helmet recieved today, I'll get bondo on it tomarrow then begin sanding by machine then by hand. I think this thread is starting to become like some of the other threads like the LaCombe project that after the kid passed, the project just died (god knows when it will start up again but I'm really tempted to jump start it myself), or my Travelling Helmet project that I tried to run which never really made it off the ground, or the Secret Santa thread that I ran which some people sent thier items and others never got a item (that thread won't happen again in the future), it's really disappointing but I have a good feeling that this will continue strong even if there is'nt a lot of posting going on about it from other members.

I dont want this to die either . All we need are some more people to post on it and some pics of progress!

Update time the helmet is pretty much covered except in detail areas on the helmet where I don't want bondo to go, but certain areas like under the visor where some detail is at I am thinking of using a little plastidip there to give that area some texture as well maybe. This was all done with one brush.
28cg7km.jpg

Looks good guys! This should be a really nice project once it's complete, what with so many awesome people involved. I can't wait to see what it turns out like!

Hey everyone! I got word from John that he is going to have the bondo FINSIHED this week! and then its off to Troubleis1983 for painting! the paint scheme will be based on the "starry night" trailer helmet . It will have a childs paly logo , 405th logo AND the Halo symbol (the 'O' in Halo)

Do you guys have an idea of when the completion date might be, are any of you attending PAX Prime in Seattle this year?(could possibly deliver the helmet to me in person?)

I'll be finishing up my portion on Monday or Tuesday, it's alkready half way through the sanding phase, it's been sanded with a mouse sander now it just has to be hand sanded to clean up the sanding marks from the mouse sander which was a thicker grit now just need to sand with a fine grit and it's ready to go for painting with Troublis1983

And the helmet is OFF! Its on its was to JP (troubleis1983) ! The paint job-

Replicating the helmet from the "Starry night" Halo 3 trailer.
the Childs play logo on the right side of the helmet
The 405th logo on the left side of the helmet
The Halo symbol (the "O" in the word Halo) on the very back
The Marathon logo near the back of the top of the helmet
And the BEST DARN BATTLE DAMAGE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN!

JP said he will post pics once he gets the helmet !

EXCITING NEWS! The helmet should be finished no later than August ! Then its going with Liard to Halofest at Pax east to be signed by the one and only Steve Downes! This project has grown WAY larger than I ever expected! Thanks for making thif possible everyone!

-Jacob

PS
KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back