Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you might have a small problem with those Hayabusa shoulder perms. You haven't removed the basic Mk VI parts from the bicep, meaning they'll be taking up the space where the Hayabusa shoulders should sit. Take a look at the references in the Wiki.

I actually going to mount the busa shoulders to the MKVI shoulder plate, I couldn't think of any other way to mount them without serious modifications, but if you have any ideas Im willing to listen, I belive the shoulder may stick out a little mounted to the MKVI shoulder

They don't take up that much room honestly, check out ithica's on the first page, they worked out really well with the mark vi still on

I took a look and, I have to say... no offense to Ithica at all, since his work is quite stunning, but those shoulders really don't look good mounted in that fashion.

I actually going to mount the busa shoulders to the MKVI shoulder plate, I couldn't think of any other way to mount them without serious modifications, but if you have any ideas Im willing to listen, I belive the shoulder may stick out a little mounted to the MKVI shoulder

I do have some ideas. After looking at the armour the shoulder is based off of (shogun armour), it appears that you could quite easily attatch the upper piece to your under-armour and have the lower attatched to your bicep piece. The middle would then be attatched to a piece of elastic running between the two, and this would allow the best range of movement.

I took a look and, I have to say... no offense to Ithica at all, since his work is quite stunning, but those shoulders really don't look good mounted in that fashion.

I do have some ideas. After looking at the armour the shoulder is based off of (shogun armour), it appears that you could quite easily attatch the upper piece to your under-armour and have the lower attatched to your bicep piece. The middle would then be attatched to a piece of elastic running between the two, and this would allow the best range of movement.

I hardened the insides of the busa shoulders with smooth cast 321 so they have a little weight to them. I see what your saying about mounting it to the under armor but I think the weight of the shouder pieces will force them to hang down, I was thinking about cutting out some of the MKVI shoulder plate and mounting in a strip of metal to contor to the shape of my arm also to prevent the shoulders from sticking out to far but thanks for the Idea Captain Recon I will still keep it in consideration

I'm tempted to say don't anchor the bottom piece of the shoulders. This is what I believe to be the best solution for anchoring.

**Excuse my artistic ability in paint**

BUSA.png

I'm tempted to say don't anchor the bottom piece of the shoulders. This is what I believe to be the best solution for anchoring.

**Excuse my artistic ability in paint**

BUSA.png

Im going to give your Idea a try, Ill test it with tape and stuff around the house to see how well your concept works, thanks for the drawing, Also in the pics below you'll notice that the shoulders seem to naturally fall on top of each other
36059773-Full.jpg

Hayabusa_Stand_2_by_Hayabusaman.jpg

you da man! lol sorry i had to... love that sexy red!!! we might have to paint mine red 2 lol

Nah man then we will look like the moron twins!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should go blue then we can be red vs blue lol, then we can throw that pep'd skull I have around

For me this is only the second full hayabusa build Ive ever seen (besides ithicas) and it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product

This is why I suggested my method - you won't have the plates flailing about randomly if two of the three points are anchored.

The only thing I'd be concerned about with anchoring the top and bottom is that the slack will be in the middle and (in my mind) it would look weird if the 'flex' was a wobble back and forth in the middle. Maybe anchor them all together and then rivet the whole strap to the armour so the pieces can move freely but within a pretty strict vertical boundry?

The only thing I'd be concerned about with anchoring the top and bottom is that the slack will be in the middle and (in my mind) it would look weird if the 'flex' was a wobble back and forth in the middle. Maybe anchor them all together and then rivet the whole strap to the armour so the pieces can move freely but within a pretty strict vertical boundry?

Im going to test fit the shoulders onto a shoulder I scaled wrong to see If I can make the shoulders work, when I pep'd the Busa shoulders I glued in wood strips into the center so I can thread screws into the shoulder pieces themselves, I may go with using some sort of hinge system, its hard for me to explain I will post pics when I try this out, but the next chance that I will have more than 2 hours to work on the stuff will be Monday and also a small update I resined and hardend the chest pieces and now the chest piece is as stiff as a board, I really need to start working on the chest parts because this is where I have the most bondo work on the whole build

Oh and thanks to everyone who has given me advice and positive comments on this build it helps to keep my intrest in finishing this project

I know its not much but this is todays progress
DSC04282.jpg

Don't mean to double post but this is an update

Got the Hayabusa chest crest thing smooth with bondo and tons of sanding, I did spray part of it with the red gloss to look for imperfections, also finished body work on the torso, there are a few little spots I can fix with spot filler, Im probably going to end up molding the busa chest part to the front of the torso I think it will look better than just sticking it to the front, I still need to cut the chest piece open and add strapping I'll get that done in the next few days and paint the parts also

Also I finished and painted the other shoulder, I still havent mounted the busa shoulders I need to finish sanding them

The Busa chest part is just laying on top of the MKVI chest
DSC04285.jpg

Back of the chest

DSC04287.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back