Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about finished with the shoulders, figured I would show how I mounted the Hayabusa Shoulders to the MKVI shoulder

First I built the HD model of the MKVI biceps minus the MKVI shoulder part, then I cut 2 pieces of metal from a piece of aluminum flat bar because it is light weight, bent the aluminum to take place of the MKVI shoulders and screwed them into place, I used hinges on the back of the Hayabusa shoulders to mount them to the aluminum bar, also the hinges will allpw the shoulder pieces to lay flat naturally on each other, plus by not mounting them to the MKVI shoulder they don't stick out as far, I noticed a few builds where the shoulders look like they stick out to far when mounted to the MKVI original shoulder guard, anyways here are a few pics of what im talking about
DSC04396.jpg

Pic with the bar screwed in, you can't see the screws when the shoulders are attached, sorry for the dark pic forgot to turn on the flash
DSC04408.jpg

Front view with shoulders attached
DSC04410.jpg

Back side of the shoulder
DSC04413.jpg

This shows how the shoulders move up and down by using the hinges
DSC04412.jpg

Both shoulders are about ready to be painted, just a few little spots to sand then painting time, Im going to paint the shoulders with a metalic dark grey color, I think it will go good with the white armor parts.
Both thighs are now painted, well white at least still need to add the black detail painted parts then they are done
The helmet is ready for paint also finally done with all the body work, all I have left to do is add the details that are on the crown part before I put the final paint colors on, sorry no pics of the thighs or helmet, I'll take pics of those later

This is what I love about build threads: seeing ingenious solutions to problems. I love the way you tackled this. Seems really heavy duty, and it looks excellent. Much better than laying the Hayabusa shoulders on top of the default Mark VI pauldrons. Keep up the great work, looking forward to more photos!

I'm very impressed with this build. I can't stop drooling.
You sir have a talent for this. It makes me want to make some Busa add ons for my suit, along with the helm.
Your build is very well documented and easy to see and understand. Inspirational and motivational to say the least!

Please keep going. :)

Thankyou!

I have to agree with LongShot, this build is amazing. I really like the way you did the shoulders. Nice mini tutorial on how it all went together too.. Very good job indeed!

Thanks everybody for all of the positive comments, I think that by not having a deadline to finish this suit, it allows me to take the time to get it done right rather than rushing it, I finally painted the shoulders, repainted the forearms and handplates from red to white, the thighs are completed also, the problem is though that I found a spot where the bondo is a little wavy its hard to see but it is bugging me, I will have to show a pic and see what you guys think I don't really want to sand on it with fresh paint and all of the detail work done, I will get pictures tomorrow its kinda dark in my house and if I use the flash it drowns out the imperfections but I'll post them on my next post on this thread.

@Longshot I thought the same thing when I saw your build its very detailed on the whole process you went through and still going through, I still drool when I see your MKVI, Thanks for the kind words

@Spitfire and Vshore, I always check your updates you guys are really doing great also keep up the great work

Tomorrow update pics till then back to my painting black details on my forearm pieces and handplates

...the problem is though that I found a spot where the bondo is a little wavy its hard to see but it is bugging me, I will have to show a pic and see what you guys think I don't really want to sand on it with fresh paint and all of the detail work done, I will get pictures tomorrow its kinda dark in my house and if I use the flash it drowns out the imperfections but I'll post them on my next post on this thread.
If all else fails, IT'S BATTLE DAMAGE.

You're suit is looking really great. The amount of detail shown and the way you did up the shoulders is just amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next on this project.

I took pics of the thighs to show the imperfection I was talking about, but I guess its not really that bad It will not even show up in the picture, I think im being picky I guess, but here is a pic of the thighs you be the judge

DSC04421.jpg

Here are the shoulders all painted up, biceps are white and the busa shoulders are a gun metal gray metalic color
DSC04429.jpg

DSC04430.jpg

Here are the forearms and hand plates they were already done but were painted red so I just repainted them white, I need to redo the black detail over again, I used a cheap black acrylic paint and its to shiny so Im going to repaint them flat black
DSC04426.jpg

Helmet pics about ready for the final paint job, and its not going to be fun there are some hard to get places
DSC04434.jpg

I think this shot makes it look like it has a Elvis hair due
DSC04435.jpg

DSC04436.jpg

And this is where my boots are at this time still in pep, I have had time to mess with them but I got a case of the don't wan't to do nothing bug, but I will get to the soon, the boots are the last parts that I need to complete the suit, also still have to paint the cod white its still red with small spots of bondo where there were some imperfections, so im fixing that before I repaint, and after all of this is completed I will finish up my MA5C rifle its in my garage collecting dust, hope to update soon, Thanks for checking this out
DSC04438.jpg

Well guess I have to double post because I have a update, finally got the helmet painted with its final paint job, all I have left to do is mount a visor, I have a visor kinda just shoved in the helmet but its not attached, I was going to use the visor but I got it from Amazon its one of those $8.00 cheap visors and you can see thru it when its angled just right of bright lighting the gold mirror coating is to thin, so I have ordered a better one, also need to install the padding, and a few touch up with the silver paint but here are some pics

DSC04440.jpg

DSC04446.jpg

Here is the back of the helmet, you can see around the silver band where I had taped it off, I need to get those spots with a brush and hit it with the silver, also around the top some

DSC04445.jpg

This pic is with the flash off and if you look at the visor area, you can see thru it and thats without the flash so yeah the visor is getting upgraded

DSC04443.jpg

Also not pictured is the COD its done, I hardened the boots but realized I sized them for my foot and not my shoes, so they don't look right when over my shoes there is a big gap so now I have to do them both over again, thats it for today
Thanks

OMG! !%^$#^&

Sir! You don't belong in the noob section!
This quality of work is beyond outstanding!
Its becoming a masterpiece!

Wow...just Wow that Helmet rocks. You're whole build is really looking great. You should be in the Elite.

man, I want a test fit with at LEAST the upper body, this looks so wicked man, you're doing an amazing job! planning on dragon-con? I would like to see this in person

OMG! !%^$#^&

Sir! You don't belong in the noob section!
This quality of work is beyond outstanding!
Its becoming a masterpiece!

Thanks Longshot it means alot especially coming from you, keeps the motivation going

Wow...just Wow that Helmet rocks. You're whole build is really looking great. You should be in the Elite.

Thanks, Im trying to do the best I can, But as for Elite, I could only wish I don't think im that worthy

man, I want a test fit with at LEAST the upper body, this looks so wicked man, you're doing an amazing job! planning on dragon-con? I would like to see this in person

I've been busy with sanding and painting that I haven't had a chance to install all of the strapping, I have but the parts on to test fit but thats with tape and holding parts in place, I should be getting to strapping next week so hopefully I can post a picture with most of the suit on, As for Dragon Con, I will not be attending that event, If I do go to any event it will most likely be Super Con in Miami, But I do enjoy building this suit with no deadline, It allows me to take my time with all of the work involved and getting it to the point where Im satisfied with it

And everbody else thanks for all of the comments

That's a really clean looking build. Is it hard to see out of? All of the busa helmets I've seen look like they have really small visors. Just curious...

That's a really clean looking build. Is it hard to see out of? All of the busa helmets I've seen look like they have really small visors. Just curious...

I was thinking the same thing before I built it, I thought it would be hard to see out of, or at least your side view perception, but now that I have worn it, I have pretty much the same field of view as if I were not wearing it, Its not 100% perfect but you can see whats going on around, luckily where it sits on my head my eyes are in the curved part of visor area, but I haven't worn the helmet with all of the armor on at the same time so this all could change but hopefully it will stay the same

A Minor update, finally some proof that I painted the space cup, I have been feeling lazy so I really haven't been doing to much, but I did manage to get the black detail parts painted just a while ago, so the paints still wet in the pics, also I added the little line detail things in the pouch recess areas, so here are pics of it for your viewing pleasure, I know its not much but hey its something to look at

DSC04451.jpg

DSC04453.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

And this is the stage Im at with the boots, just a little more sanding to do and they should be ready for paint, they are the 3 piece ones so the tops are just wedged on so they look a little out of shape in the pic, these are the last pieces I have to finish then all of the armor parts are done, then I have to do all of the strapping, some final detail painting, battle damage if I decide to go that route, mount my new visor into the helmet and I need to figure a way to mount the Katana to the back, but I think I have that part covered, and hopefully I can get a picture of me wearing this thing

DSC04450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back