Hyper's Hayabusa build

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC04557-1.jpg

that hat is awesome. it does well and makes the armor even more awesome.

Just thought I should say, YOU HAVE DONE A BANG UP JOB! This build is very inspiring. I really like the overall look of everything. The helm is on point! I want to build it too, I just have a lot of stuff on my plate right now. Anyways, keep up the good work. BTW, What was the scale of the helmet? I just want to check to see if I got mine scaled right. I consulted one of the 405th's master scaling professionals and I believe it will be correct. lol:)

that hat is awesome. it does well and makes the armor even more awesome.

Thanks for the comment and All hail the the China man hat LOL

Just thought I should say, YOU HAVE DONE A BANG UP JOB! This build is very inspiring. I really like the overall look of everything. The helm is on point! I want to build it too, I just have a lot of stuff on my plate right now. Anyways, keep up the good work. BTW, What was the scale of the helmet? I just want to check to see if I got mine scaled right. I consulted one of the 405th's master scaling professionals and I believe it will be correct. lol:)

Thanks Blackula, I scaled the helmet at a height of 356mm, its the Skupilkinson pep, I have a saved copy of it where I modified the pep to make it come out smoother and easier to build let me know if you want it

Your armor looks FANTASTIC!!!!! It looks like it fits you perfectly. Oh, and thanks for painting your suit white,lol. Now I have a really good idea how my CQB armor will turn out as that's the color I am using.

Your armor looks FANTASTIC!!!!! It looks like it fits you perfectly. Oh, and thanks for painting your suit white,lol. Now I have a really good idea how my CQB armor will turn out as that's the color I am using.

Yeah the whites growing on me, It looks good but makes it hard for details to show up in photos plus its all clean looking, I don't even know if I want to black wash it. I've been watching your build can't wait to see another white spartan

Today I was going to get a pic with my helmet on but no one is around to take my picture, so have to wait till tomorrow, still haven't mounted the katana, because I can't find my stupid jig saw and I need it to shorten the bracket im using to mount the katana to, so hopefully I will have pics tomorrow

Picture time....................

Finally with my helmet on, stupid me just noticed in my pictures that I have my shins on the wrong legs but its hard to tell, also I haven't mounted my katana to the back because I can't find my much needed jig saw

DSC04565.jpg

my stupid pose
DSC04568.jpg

Side profile
DSC04571.jpg

Other side profile shot
DSC04573.jpg

No comment
DSC04574.jpg

My take on Captain Morgan
DSC04575.jpg

"GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS"
DSC04578.jpg

Im about done with this build, I do want to remake my forearms, I need them to be about an inch shorter because they bump into my shoulder guard things when I put my helmet on, so guess I need to go and do the dreaded peping again

Thanks for looking, let me know what you guys think so far

Awesome!! Just an incredible job all around dude! What a beautiful set of armor you have! :cool

Oh, and you were right: you and I both finished our builds at the same time! I just finished padding mine up, and am impatiently awaiting my photographer to do a photoshoot later today. I will have the pics up as soon as I can! :)

Awesome!! Just an incredible job all around dude! What a beautiful set of armor you have! :cool

Oh, and you were right: you and I both finished our builds at the same time! I just finished padding mine up, and am impatiently awaiting my photographer to do a photoshoot later today. I will have the pics up as soon as I can! :)

Can't wait to see your armor I'll keep an eye out for the pics, thanks for nice comment

O M G

I can't wrap my dry crusty brain around how AWESOME your suit turned out.

Very refreshing, exciting and inspirational to see this one completed. Super KUDO's!

I agree with soul products. I would love to see some black detailing. It will bring out the finer details and give the observer more eye candy.

Again... FANTASTIC JOB!

Kevin

Thanks everyone for the comments, Im not sure if im going to weather it or not, I looked through alot of game shot pics of the Hayabusa and every single one of them shows a clean and unscratched armor, guess they repell dirt and scratches, so I probably will leave it as is for a while, wear it to an event or two then blackwash it to give it a diffrent look, when you see it in person the details stand out, however in pictures they are hard to see. I still havent founf my saw so the katana is still not mounted to the back and I never need a jig saw so I don't want to go out and buy one, so hopefully a friend has one I can borrow
I was bored so I figured how much it cost me to make this suit and how many pieces I had to glue together anyways here is my list
Smooth cast 320 1 gallon $100.00
fiberglass resin 2 quarts $17.00 ( I used smooth cast to harden the pep just used resin on the outsides)
fiberglass cloth 4x4 sheet $5.00 (used in areas that would take alot of abuse, used over the smooth cast)
2 quart containers of Bondo $20.00
2 tubes of spot putty $10.00
10 things of Loc Tite super glue gel $22.50
armor back gloves $10.00
Neck seal $10.00
cheap shoes sacraficed for the boots $12.00
expading foam $5.00
Strapping $25.00
Visor/Lens $17.00
Motorcycle helmet liner $20.00
Katana $26.00
craft foam for details $1.00
black corugated pipe $7.00 for the seperation part of the boot
Hardware $10.00 (screws, Hinges etc.)
Epoxy $10.00
For sale plastic sign $7.00 (used for cutting out details to add to armor)
Sand paper $20.00 used lots of this stuff
spray paint $25.00
TOTAL.................................................$383.00 and thats just what is in the suit as its pictured, I didn't even mention the mess up parts that I had to rebuild, the color change from red to white, pep pieces I decided not to use that were already harden, plus I already had a sander, Card stock, Dremel, resperator, safty equipment and all the other stuff I forgot to build this, the total would of been alot more if I had to add all that, I know the smooth Cast is expensive but in the end, either you use the rondo, fiberglass method or the smooth cast method they come out to about the same price if you do it correctly, Also this suit took me 4 months to build, I had to do something to it every day at least to finish it in that amount of time, so if your expecting to build one in a month or 2 don't expect great quality when your rushing it, there is alot of work involved, of course a standar MKVI suit probably wouldn't require as much body work when your not adding Shoulders, chest perms and any parts required to make it into the Busa.

To pep all the parts you see on the suit it used 201 pages of 110lb cardstock
808 indivdual pieces to cut and fold
10 bottles of loc tite super glue
I also modified most of the unfolds to make my parts come out alot smoother and less parts to cut out, it would have been alot more If I did not do that part

Anyways I know its probably boring info but Im bored so I thought I would share..................
I didn't proof read so sorry if I spelled anything wrong

Well now, you sure you didn't miss anything in that list....Just joking. I don't how you did all that beautiful work and still managed to keep track of the bill. Needless to say, I Love the build. It looks great. That said when you go to Blacken in the detail lines don't forget to post it so I have some thing to stair at when I'm trying to pep mine. I'll try not to get any drool on my pep work I promise ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back