What was your first pep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
first pep was actually the arbiter's helmet and neck armour
built only with standard paper rather than cardstock and held together with stickytape
to go with that i then built a full scale elite head to go with it
...using the same methods

that was june 2009 - i still have it
AND it's still in one piece!

CJ

mine was a halo 3 EOD, got it done in a few days, but didnt fiberglass it right, so its falling apart...

First I ever started was a LD MkVI helmet out of (get this) regular copy paper. Failed miserably. First fully completed pep was an Iron Man MkIV chest. Haven't finished a whole suit yet, but I'm hoping to get my MkVI Spartan done before my Iron Man MkIV, but we'll see.

haha, my fist pep was a LD MK. 6 hand plate xD it sat around forever, before i did anyhting else with Pepikura...

My first EVER pep was when I was 12 or 13, never heard of the 405th just saw stuff on youtube. I printed a thigh piece out on regular paper without scaling thinking it would work, cut it out and used regular tape. Needless to say it didn't work at all. Now I'm making great stuff like helmets.

my first was the flying squirrel hd mk vi helmet, 6 months with a 3 month break and i actually finished the bugger turned out ok, sits in my room not resined or anything. funny thing is no scaling and it was perfect and i mean perfect size

Mine was a low def Flyingsquirrel MkVI helmet that I threw some paper mache onto. It was an experiment to see how cheaply I could build a helmet, and I ended up paying only $40 in materials for it. I just finished the darned thing yesterday by adding the tubes and some padding after letting it sit for three years. It's still holding up quite nicely.

...Shouldn't this be in a different subforum?

Mine was the ODST Helmet by NZ-TK out of std 80 gsm paper. looked great to start with. unfortunately I didn't resin it fast enough and now it is scrap.

A Halo (2? Or was it 3?) Magnum. I had the silly idea models would be easier then armour. Twas wrong indeed. It was a test anywayz, and was made with normal paper. The link is still in my sig for some reason...

I remember that I came home from school, and peped a low-def Mk 6 shoulder piece out of regular printing paper and elmers glue and masking tape. Needless to say, it didn't turn out too well!

My first pep was MK VI (forgot who made this file)with default scale and came out too big (can fit 2 heads in there) so I scrap it and build another 4 MK VI (D4L file) scale at 278 mm turn out very good ( as you can see in my avatar)

First pep was a handplate. I knew the MC was a big guy, but I have pretty big hands for 6 feet so what the heck. All the work was done on the dining room table and the handplate was huge! :) OK fine, I guess I better read all this "scaling" stuff. Two tries later I got a keeper.

my first pep was before the days of the 405th and before mjolnirarmor. I made a chao from sonic the hedgehog...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back