**Official** Gundam Pepakura File Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks awesome. I also cant wait to do that flight helmet. I will hopfully get te rest of the RX-79(G) to Shadow so we can add one more to this post.

RX-79(G) would be pretty cool, I had also read some rumblings about a Zaku II?

As for the Alex head i just added the details also, gonna work on the arms top to bottom next then chest. Having to scale it before building is slowing me down a little lol.

So just got done scaling the shoulder and its details, didn't quite realize that the entire pep wasn't scaled the same. Shoulder was no big deal though re pep once i figured it out haha. Here is a pic of the detailed helmet.

th_2011-04-19_04-07-22_754.jpg

Just saw this thread and I would love to help out with 3D modeling. I've got some experience with 3D stuff. Anything I can help out with?

Just saw this thread and I would love to help out with 3D modeling. I've got some experience with 3D stuff. Anything I can help out with?

Make a shield for the Alex would be my vote :p.

On a serious note I've no idea, these guys made the pep I just found and started building it. The Alex is one of my favorite designs in all the Gundam universes

Kalani, thanks for the offer. If you want to help refer to the first post of this thread and use the link to our chat thread for Gundam Files. We could use some more 3D guys for breaking up the files and fixing open edges.

Polo289, Love the progress pics man! and im sorry about the sizing thing. I updated the first post with a little disclaimer saying none of the pieces are sized to anyone specifically. Hope that didn't cause you much trouble cause i know how sizing and re-doing can be a motive killer. Keep up the good work and i cant wait to see it done!

Kalani, thanks for the offer. If you want to help refer to the first post of this thread and use the link to our chat thread for Gundam Files. We could use some more 3D guys for breaking up the files and fixing open edges.

Polo289, Love the progress pics man! and im sorry about the sizing thing. I updated the first post with a little disclaimer saying none of the pieces are sized to anyone specifically. Hope that didn't cause you much trouble cause i know how sizing and re-doing can be a motive killer. Keep up the good work and i cant wait to see it done!

Yeah when I read threw the initial post i found it again haha, my bad for that. Scaling only takes me about 10min to go from my actual measurements to where the pep should be so moto wise no killer yet. After all its the Gundam Alex how can i not be pumped to build it!

how exactly do you scale its one thing I never figured out how to get it right

Way I did it at least for the Alex was to measure my heads height, convert to mm and measure the Alex's head height minus the mohawk and i made them the same in the pepakura designer. I did add an extra inch for padding space later but the helmet still fits pretty well for me. I am 6ft average/athletic build. I've also seen some excellent scaling tutorials in you search around a bit or look at the stickys in creation thread.

best way to scale now a days is to measure your body on where the piece will be at then convert that to mm and enter it into Pepakura. I mostly use height as a base measurement cause the rest will automatically re-size with the height dimension when you enter it in.

*sighing* So I scaled the shoulder piece right, just at the wrong spot. Got to scale to where my shoulder will be going threw. So this one came out about 2-3 inches in width to small. Quality wise I like it, only thing I'd change is the single arm under the armpit should be made half inch thicker both directions (if that makes sense) in my opinion for stronger fiber glassing. Here are a couple pics and I'll rescale later and try again.

th_2011-04-20_02-05-37_759.jpg

th_2011-04-20_02-05-30_63.jpg

:p Well they say practice makes perfect, did the left should twice in under a day and both times to small haha. The 2nd time only about quarter inch to small :eek So this last one (hopefully haha) I make I'll have to edit the tab attachments a bit to get everything to fit on page. That I'll work on later today or tomorrow. Here is the side by side of the 2 shoulders so far.

2011-04-20_09-44-34_80-1.jpg

Thats the only bad thing about pepakura...all the scaling to get it right. At least you have test pieces for the other stages now XD

Alright so I checked the thread that was in the first post. Ive seen some progress with the models. Is there anything that anyone is building towards? I saw that the rx-79(g) Alex was mentioned alot (Sorry I was skimming as there was 20+ pages to read). Anything in particular that is needed in 3D format?

Thats the only bad thing about pepakura...all the scaling to get it right. At least you have test pieces for the other stages now XD

Yes test pieces is a better idea than what I had in mind haha. Just finished the 3rd scaled one and I like it more over all but its just a touch to small still but I got the idea to why not just sand it a bit in the fiberglass stage since I like how it looks in relation to my body. If I end up not liking it once I'm done it only took about 2 hours to print cut glue the shoulder.

Here are Mk I-III shoulders haha, I'll detail it tomorrow and do the other side also.
2011-04-21_03-51-26_561.jpg

Alright so I checked the thread that was in the first post. Ive seen some progress with the models. Is there anything that anyone is building towards? I saw that the rx-79(g) Alex was mentioned alot (Sorry I was skimming as there was 20+ pages to read). Anything in particular that is needed in 3D format?

Actually if you do work on either of those models, the RX-79(G) and the RX-78-NT-1 "Alex" are two different units. I may sound to nerdy pointing it out but I wouldn't want you mixing the two up since I'm excited at another person helping with models for peping Gundam! :)

Omg polo do you watch GITS while 3D modeling/Pepping? I do the same thing. weird. Anyways, it's good you cleared up my question. I guess now I can ask what part of which gundam needs to be modeled?

Omg polo do you watch GITS while 3D modeling/Pepping? I do the same thing. weird. Anyways, it's good you cleared up my question. I guess now I can ask what part of which gundam needs to be modeled?

Today it was GitS, what i watch changes daily haha. I just finished X files for the 2nd time and had re-watched Gundam, Macross, ect. Helps me pass the time a bit quicker. Nice to find someone else that appreciates the Major though ;)

I think it'd be cool if you worked up a 4ft tall shield for the Alex? But thats just my vote.

Good work on the "Alex" Sholder so far
I my self am working on this
armor2secondset008.jpg

the RX-78 gundam at the moment i only have the shield peped but im working on the body

also i have these
http://www.4shared.com/file/X2Xnq94l/rgm-79_unfold_by_zero-sama.html
gmheadunfold-1.jpg

the file said its the GM 1 head but it looks like the ground type to me
and
http://www.4shared.com/file/Kp3SJ7vW/RX-93_nu-gundam_Head__Zero-Sam.html
nugundamhead.jpg

the head of the Rx-93 Nu-Gundam
just to be clear i want to let it be known that i did not make the 3D models i just did the unfolds if any one can let me know who the models i will be more than happy to give them credit

I have the peps for both the GM head and One Year War style'd shield and have been thinking the shield would be a cool house prop but haven't gotten to getting it to fit better on Letter sized paper. Yours looks sweet though whats total time into it so far? As for the Nu Gundam I'd kiss you if you were closer haha that's my favorite design and I so wish there was a full pep for it or the novel version Hi Nu in Beltorchika's Children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back