**Official** Gundam Pepakura File Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I had several full 3d files of gundums that really needed help before being pep ready. I lost them all when my hard drive dies... I had Sandrock, Shenlong, Deathscyth, Zaku II Epyon and a few others. Does anyone here have those?
I had found them here on the 405th before, but I'm not sure if I got them off a thread, or if I was able to have someone email them to me...

Thanks a ton

Check your pm box

Does any one have a 3d file of the Gundam Wing Mobile Suit Tallgeese that is compatible with Pepakura Designer ? If so could you share it with me.

I've done quite a lot of searching for Gundam related peps and pep-able works but haven't seen any of the Tallgeese designs, if you find it though let us know!

Does any one have a 3d file of the Gundam Wing Mobile Suit Tallgeese that is compatible with Pepakura Designer ? If so could you share it with me.

I do have a .obj of the Tallgeese but it is no where near ready for pep. It is in our list of Gundams to get done so don't worry.

Wow it has been a while since I have been on this site!! Crazy how much as changed haha. So I started on a Deathscythe Ver Ka. suit about a year ago but due to time and money I had to stop the build.

But anyways I have started to make the RX-93 Nu Gundam mobile suit now. I fell in love with it after I saw the bust. Thanks so much for hosting the unfolded helmet file!! I'm gluing the cardstock pattern to a piece of illustration board and then cutting and hot gluing those pieces together. This adds A LOT of stability to the whole thing. I only have the crest done. My camera is on the fritz but I will get pictures up as soon as I can. Hopefully I will have it done by the end of this week! Yay for Thanksgiving break!! :p

-GundamLoki

EDIT: Also how are the models and unfolds coming along for the Gundams you guys were talking about? It seemed like there was some really awesome ones on the way!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey has anyone tried using some of the gundam models on Google Sketchup?

I have been trying to get them together but they dont really work well in Pep, and sadly, my 3d skills are lacking so I haven't been able to edit them :/

Also which Gundams are on the list? Id like to know what I can look forward to!

Umm hey there I'm new. Uuh yeah so I'm starting on a project right now to build a Stark Jegan costume and I was wondering if i could get some ay or nay on wether or not my plan is good.

So I already know pepakura and making costumes, I've helped a couple friends with Halo costumes and 2-3 stormtroopers. I also have access to Vacuum Forming.

My plan to do the costume is going to be, make the non extra armored, Jegan type D (if you look at it, the stark jegan is an upgraded one)
For it I'm gonna use the Alex model here for the chest, upper/lower leg, upper/lower arms, shoulders, feet, and backpack. Basically the whole thing but the helmet. For the helmet I'm gonna make a Halo... i think the recon one, but its a helmit that looks just like a jegans head minus the antenna and the camera on the top (but those i can add pretty easily).

Things I'm planning for the rest of the body to redeux the alex to be like the jegan, Chest I'm just gonna flatten over the vents on the breasts, and where on the alex the cockpit has a dip in, the jegan has a bulge out, thats not too hard to change by hand.

Shoulders I'm just gonna do a flat over the bolt looking part, then after i fiberglass and bondo it ill cut little thruster shapes into it.

Upper arms are just fine, same with upper legs and the codpiece. lower arms I just will make a flat over the side where the wrist gatlings should go, (ill keep the cardstock for them though cause i can build that into the starks added armor sections).

Lower legs will basically be the same only with not building thrusters in a couple spots, then building them in others, which is all gonna be done in the fiberglassing phase. Also to get the rounded shape of the front of the shins I'm gonna sand them down to have the curve after the bondo.

Feet ill have to customize the hell out of the alex ones because theres no real similar ones I can find around. And for the hand plates I'll just use some off a halo costume.

So basically my project for now is the regular jegan, then ill build the extra addons for the stark upgrade. Uuh ill post pictures as I progress through making it. for now just what the 2 phases of my build are gonna look like in case you don't know.

260pxrgm89d.jpg

scaled.php

Ohyeah and sorry if the pictures are too big for the forum or somthing, i can go and change them down to somethign smaller, but no time, off to work.

Oh yes and might I add, I've got a lot of experience using engineering softwares like Solidworks and Inventor. What model types can people use to make pepakura files, because it shouldnt take too long for me to model something, and I know I can output .stp files, and i think .obj.
So if theres anything someone might like for a model to make a pepa from, i can work on a little something for ya.

hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has a file or an unfold of the Strike Freedom gundam

Hey there, I've seen a few Freedom models around (none unfolded), no SFs though, sorry. I'd say I could make one for you (i can't unfold) but I'm currently working on my own build mentioned above.

If you've ever done any costumes with pepakura before though and have the imagination, Id say you could do what I'm doing, take an existing model and customize it to what you want. Its a bit more of a stretch then my project but the chest, cod, upper legs, arms, and feet of the NT Alex model here are very close (just a bit of detailing towards the end) The real troubles are the Helmet, shoulders, hips, and back.

Shoulders, hips, and back I'd say wouldn't be too hard to custom build, but if you've never tried it before, you might go through and waste a can or 2 of bondo before getting it good (valuable experience for the future however). Helmet is gonna be hard no matter what, but not impossible. And the wings though big would be relatively simple.

Since I'm gonna be starting to fiberglass my build this weekend, I'm planning on filming it and picturing it a lot so i can post it to a couple forums and youtube. I could add a segment about how I'd make the wings for you (since its the same way I'm making the binders for the back of my costume) If you'd like.

So its been a hwile since i posted in this for guys. Sorry about that My comp sort of died...All my blender work went down the drain. Well anyway. I got my hands on some new 3d models for you guys. I got Zeta gundam and im searching for gundam unicorn.

I got a long list of stuff to keep you guys busy. CAn you make files for:
Ksyatrira (idc if i spelt wrong its still a badass MA)
Shinaju
Unicorn Gundam (banshee or not)

Thanks!

Hey yeah new to the site but i've been building this gundam useing your specification and i gotta say who ever you cot to unfold the pelvis did a horrible job as several pieces didn't line up to the modle i had to start from scratch three times before figuring it out.

But other than the pelvis its a wonderful model you did a wonderful job man my version is about 45% done at the moment.

Hello i was wondering if i can get some assistance from the pros. i'm trying to create freedom gundam from gundam seed as an entire suit including shield, swords and gun.i keep finding 3d models in .max file type and for some reason i cannot make it into an obj for pepakura.

Hey everyone, so I found something pretty interesting:
http://papersake.blogspot.com/2011/06/msn-06s-sinanju-by-playboy.html

That is a papercraft model of the MSN-06s Sinanju from the Unicorn series. It has full pep files, but they are scaled way down.

Below is a link to the head which I have scaled up and re-unfolded it to work for the new scale.
http://www.4shared.com/file/5V1aEMQs/Head_Sized.html

Credits: If I am interpreting the first link correctly the model was done by PLAYBOY and was posted originally by sa-ke. So just to be clear, I didn't make this model, those dudes are the bomb.

Other stuff: Paper modelers aren't concerned about the same things as us armor builders so the head/helmet model is actually a few different pieces that do not have tabs to connect them. I have built the better part of the head/helmet and you can just glue some of your own tabs on and they are going together pretty good.

The first build I did was coming out a little large so I have stopped it mid way. The file above has been scaled down 20% from my original build and should be pretty close to what you want. Based on that scaling the Sinanju would be about 8.5 ft tall

I will be working on the rest of the files throughout the summer (after my wedding in June), stay posted gundam fans!

hello there, i am a newer member and have found this site amazing. i was wondering if antone has files for the rx78 or the wing zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back