Jorge KIA or just MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gakkengod

I have reason to believe Jorge is not dead like everyone thought in Halo: Reach.

My theories to support this is simple:
1. What destroyed the covenant cruiser was simply a slip space not big enough for the Super Carrier.
2. Noble team mentions no deaths of the event in question that sparked Kat's idea. Only that half the ship was unnaccounted for.
3. There was no explosion. Only a slip space rupture.
4. In Halo 3 a similar event happens, the Arbiter makes it to Earth and Cheif is left behind.

With these supporting clues I have good reason to believe Jorge is still alive.(though he would have died by the time period of Halo 3. But may have not...) Possibly Floating on the cruiser somewhere in space. If you would like to dispute this please do.

Interesting... but wouldn't he be unprotected in the slipspace field? Don't know if the armor can handle Slipspace fields, but then that would contradict what happened with Chief, he survived. Even so, where would he end up, out stranded in space? Unless the writers that be magically find a way for all the missing Spartans to all wind up on that mysterious planet/shield world...

Everyone trys to come up with theories on how characters that died might have lived. It's fun to play around with, but highly unlikely.

Even if he DID live, he would be exposed to the vacuum of space. The armor could take it for a while, but pretty soon, he'd run out of air... Plus a slipspace rupture causes massive damage, look what the shockwave did to newmombassa and the ODST's. Jorge was practically standing right next to the rupture, and the force of the impact would have given him severe blast trauma at LEAST. fun to play around with, but also remember: if you never see him again, it can be assumed Bungie intended him to have died. Had halo 3 never shown master chief after the destruction of Halo, the assumption is that he died. Not raining on the parade, but I find it very unlikely at BEST.

Well, if the books are any indication, then the likelyhood of survival with direct exposure to Slipspace is HIGHLY unlikely. Normal Slipspace is highly irradiated and very turbulent, and in First Strike, they had to line a Spirit with as much lead and structural bracing as they could get, and even then the dropship nearly fell apart in the Slipstream. To make a point on New Mombassa and the idea of blast trauma, Slipspace ruptures in atmosphere are much more unstable than in space(which creates the massive damage-dealing potential), but considering the drive detonated inside a simulated atmosphere, the blast trauma is likely.

Going back to my first statement, if Jorge DID somehow survive the initial detonation, he wouldn't have been capable of surviving the hyper-lethal levels of radiation, in addition to the fierce turbulence inside the Stream, for any long period of time. Though I would like to think he somehow pulled off an ungodly miracle, the likelyhood of it is very, very small.

Had halo 3 never shown master chief after the destruction of Halo, the assumption is that he died. Not raining on the parade, but I find it very unlikely at BEST.

Spolier alert... the legendary ending shows master chief alive and well.

aside form that the whole covenant cruiser was transported, the super carrier was not... this means if we are saying he survived then he could be flying the cruiser around in nothingness...

Im not shooting his death down but if UNSC wants to call Masterchief dead then I am callng Jorge Alive

its not like im saying emile or kat or carter is alive...

Spolier alert... the legendary ending shows master chief alive and well.

aside form that the whole covenant cruiser was transported, the super carrier was not... this means if we are saying he survived then he could be flying the cruiser around in nothingness...

Im not shooting his death down but if UNSC wants to call Masterchief dead then I am callng Jorge Alive

its not like im saying emile or kat or carter is alive...

I was using that as a theoretical example, HAD master chief never been seen, then you could assume he died. But since you see him, obviously...
Well, again, you can only live so long with the food and air stores. Also, I read that it sends everything into slipspace, so he could have lived. But there was no way to get OUT of slipspace. So even if he lived, he would eventually die because he would run out of air/food and he had no way to exit the rupture.

Does this mean that Kat survived the shot to the head? Or by some divine miracle, Carter survived the crash with the Scarab? Or maybe...just maybe, Emile didn't get stabbed though the gut by an energy sword and he was just taking a nap while you blew a hole in the cruiser while the autmn prepped for take off!

Noble six, Carter, Kat, Emile and Jorge ARE DEAD! Spartan-IIIs are meant to be disposable. Jorge could have survived if he didn't have to manually detonate the slipspace drive, but no. He had to be the hero.

Jorge did infact die from the blast and wasn't sent to some distant planet full of hot alien chicks.

Think of it this way...

If you stood next to an Atom Bomb when it explodes, you get vaporized, right? Of course you do. Now stand a couple miles away. Chances are you will be burned to a crisp and turn to ash or something. Now stand even farther...radiaton poisoning and burns, right? But look at it this way...you're still alive! So be happy! Now, stand even further.... you're ok!

In order for the Jorge to survive the blast, he had to be in an area where he would be shielded, but since he was so darn close to the thing, he didn't have a chance. Besides, you need a massive ship to make it work properly, but this slip-space drive was rigged into a bloody bomb becuase I highly doubt even Sgt. Forge from Halo Wars could have survived the blast when he had to detonate the SoF's FTL drive.

Just let our Spartans die already. We don't need any more "What if...?" stories.

-Pony

P.S. The Chief survived the blast because of distance. The Ship he was on was pretty far from the ARK's blast(You could have almost seen half of the ark).

Jorge was ready to die, and he accepted his death as destiny. Notice in the scene he removes his helmet and tosses it. even if his suit held up, not even a spartan could survive in space without a helmet. He was prepared to die for Reach, he would have no reason to survive.

I was using that as a theoretical example, HAD master chief never been seen, then you could assume he died. But since you see him, obviously...
Well, again, you can only live so long with the food and air stores. Also, I read that it sends everything into slipspace, so he could have lived. But there was no way to get OUT of slipspace. So even if he lived, he would eventually die because he would run out of air/food and he had no way to exit the rupture.

Yes, agreed, I am merely saying he died eventually... I don't like saying he died immediately.

Basically if he could survive the initial splosion, and survive in the remains of the ship, (not a vaccum if it still works), or even if he got off (nope), he wouldnt, because he tossed the helmet and gave up.

Emile : planet got glassed, even if he could survive the energy sword (presumably missing important stuff)
Kat: people have survived headshots, and im pretty sure the needle exited out the back of the helmet (no splosion)
Carter: he was dyin anyway, then he kamakazee'd the scarab, and fell off a cliff, and probly sploded again.
6: OMG noobs he got stabbed in the face fifty times, hes dead, period.
Jun: lucky ba***rd
MC: He was frozen, cryogenically. Hes fine, also, he ended up on the shield world.

At the end of reach, Noble 6's helmet lies on a hill of grass... In the background, Half of a UNSC frigate lies crashed in a hillside with another ship hovering above it shining search lights into the wreckage. The crashed ship contains MC.
At the end of halo 3, after MC says "wake me, when you need me" The camera zooms out showing a burning planet. the burning planet is......... starts with an R......

180330_151270001596582_100001407499770_292825_7752537_n.jpg

Wow... NEVER even noticed that! Interesting theory... I've never seen that mentioned as cannon, since the world in the background of halo 3's ending has a ton of forerunner symbols and stuff on it. But is it possible? hm...

At the end of reach, Noble 6's helmet lies on a hill of grass... In the background, Half of a UNSC frigate lies crashed in a hillside with another ship hovering above it shining search lights into the wreckage. The crashed ship contains MC.
At the end of halo 3, after MC says "wake me, when you need me" The camera zooms out showing a burning planet. the burning planet is......... starts with an R......

Sigh.... Thats the front end of a frigate. Chief was in the rear end of a frigate. And the planet in the end of halo 3 is a forerunner planet notice the cities. Dont believe me go look at Origins I from halo legends it show earth when the forerunners controled it. Now compare it to the planet in halo 3 and they look the same. Basically its a forerunner planet. And another thing the human fleet that protected reach was over 200 ships strong that could be and frigate or ship. I end my rant....

Doesn't show a burning planet, it shows a Forerunner planet. The ship back there is more likely to be one of the ships from the Aszod Shipbreaking Yard that happened to at least mostly miss getting blasted, but was still inop and groundside. Perhaps, that's a part of the wreckage of the Commonwealth.

In any case, Reach was glassed 6 months before the Battle of the Ark, and given the time Master Chief must have been drifting out there, after being jarred from Slipspace, I'm more than willing to bet this shot happens chronologically before the end of 3.

I get that no one wants their heroes to die, but let's be honest. They're gone. They fought hard, and now they can rest, forever. Even Jun is implicitly stated to be dead. The only one you can justify surviving is Master Chief, but even he's indefinitely frozen in cryogenic storage. Cortana's even faded into rampancy, with all likelihood. Spartans do die, I'm sorry to say, and when they do, they deserve to be allowed their rest.

What's up GakkenGod? This is Shock\Trooper-2148. To tell you the truth I've actually read the entire Halo Novel Series including Halo Cryptum. According to the UNSC, when a spartan goes missing, they are obviously labled MIA(to civilians), but they are assumed dead (UNSC ONI - Section 3). Also, if we actually assumed the Shaw-Fujikawa Slipspace actually worked, there is no way in telling if Jorge actually made the trip or was killed while being atomized into particles. LightningWaffle is quite right about this subject matter. I'll actually agree with him 100%.

Sigh.... Thats the front end of a frigate. Chief was in the rear end of a frigate. And the planet in the end of halo 3 is a forerunner planet notice the cities. Dont believe me go look at Origins I from halo legends it show earth when the forerunners controled it. Now compare it to the planet in halo 3 and they look the same. Basically its a forerunner planet. And another thing the human fleet that protected reach was over 200 ships strong that could be and frigate or ship. I end my rant....

I dont know what you mean by the front end... That is half of a ship bud, Stern side facing the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back