Adding sound affects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozgand

While I was working on my ODST pistol, I got to thinking about attaching a small speeker to the triger to add the gunshot. Has anyone done this before? If so, How did you do it.

I thought about using one of those recordable sound greating cards but, I'm not sure how the sound quality is on thoes this.

not sure they're the best way to go quality wise and you'd have to put it in such a way that the trigger would have to move and set it off. people would probably get a bigger kick out of you if you yelled BAM BAM BAM.

The guys at ReplicantFX did something like that for their assault rifle build. You can see a video of it here:

Something similar could be done for a pistol, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
except replicantFX is out of business and no longer available.

thatDecade and I are trying to design a new AR circuit, and might be adding a viable optional add-on sound system. It will cost $15 (guesstimate) for sound but have the ability to load the sound files yourself, and comes with a speaker already, and can trigger four specific sounds (or 3 sounds and a halo theme song :) )

not to hijack the thread, if you are interested in more information track either myself or thatDecade down with a PM and we can explain more.

~James

thank you, Fr1nge, I'm not exactly the best spealer. dyslexcia skucs.
If I don't screw up the pepping process too much, I'll be making some of the parts movable(mag, action, trigger, dials, maby even a clipping mufler). My first hurdle is finding some quality sound files. Second, learning how to conect all the inerds.

http://www.amazon.com/Sec-Push-Butt...QC/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1298271469&sr=8-24

You can use these, with an amplifier, better speaker, and possibly a mic in jack and a crossover cable. If you need schematics for amplifiers, lemme know. You could even use a bunch of smaller speakers salvaged from something like old cell phones, and wire them to all play the tone at once, to produce a large sound with smaller speakers. Beware, though, the definition of the sound won't be as good. I'll be using something like this to make gunshot noises for my Dead Space 2 Costume. As far as I can tell, when the chip gets a closed circuit from the "trigger" button, it plays the stored audio, and when you press it again, it plays it again. If you wired the microphone to a male audio jack and set the record buttons to an audio-based switch of some kind, you could feasibly just plug it into your PC, press record, play the sound, stop pressing, and load it up.

@jlhR2; If you get the circuit working, please let me know, I'd find it very useful. Also, try putting it up on public sites like circuit-finder.com so schmucks like me can use it. Good luck!

If anyone finds a decent-fidelity sound chip, please, let me know.

If you record the audio, rather than having it play an actual sound file, the quality will be already pretty bad.

I was thinking about a circuit like t his too! Maybe somehow we can have it integrate with an LCD and reload etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back