Places that Remind you of Halo-Southern Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubachris85x

Find it kind neat, really. I've been to Arizona before, but was too young at the time. Spending the past 9 or so months here, it's hit me awhile ago that ALOT of the area looks almost identical to the African plains depicted in Halo 3. Those that remember the really cool H3 trailer with MC and the bubbleshield sequence, that is what most of the desert out here looks like.

I was really hoping to get my helmet truly finished to get a good "likeness" pic of it laying visor up in the tall grass. I can assure you that if you want a good H3 style photoshoot, southern AZ is #1 on my list.

I'll be getting some good pics of the area this weekend, since it's gonna be my last weekend here in Army TRADOC (woo-hoo!)

If you got any places that resemble halo, post pics!

One place that reminds me of Halo, or more specific "Halo:Contact harvest" is Alberta Canada, or at least on my aunts acreage i lived on. I was reading the book while i was living there. The whole area matched up pretty well with the books descriptions of Harvest, the clear cloudless skies, endless fields and the sounds of farms and machines. Reading the book on the deck of the house really seemed to put you there. No pics though. And in the winter at -20 to -30 it reminds me of the scenes of Harvest in Halo Wars.

Pacific coast of British Columbia.
Valhalla is a dead ringer for some of the mountains up here, and so is forge world.

Pacific coast of British Columbia.
Valhalla is a dead ringer for some of the mountains up here, and so is forge world.

Your right, i lived in BC up until two and a half years ago. The coast was beautiful, i guess i forgot all about it. Taking the BC Ferry through the Islands is much like many forunner wolrd descriptions.

also need to add the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia they fit into a lot a levels in halo, in winter its like "Two Betrayals" and "Assault on the control room".

Lighthouse--2011-17.jpg

Tell me you can't see that in halo.

Well , during the winter time (Right now) My part of michigan, Houghton Lake, (2nd knuckle of the middle finger, to give you a good idea of where houghton lake is) is ALOT like the Ice missions of Halo :CE .

um everyday i go to work lol since we have the osprey on my base.(MCAS Miramar) but anyways it looks like we have a squaron of pelicans or falcons. falcons cuz the tilt rotors and pelicans do to the size and being a heavy lift transport...
18167810150090780168477.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back