Now it's our turn to do something amazing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, why are you putting a deadline on the 25th? If you guys want more time it's ok you know I'll be alright! Don't rush your yourself just 4 me... And don't be afraid to ask me stuff you know I'm always there and my email is maththesurvivor@hotmail.com. Maybe you sent me an email and didn't receive it... But anyways I was just wanted to know if you guys got my duck tape dummy of myself?...And if anyone have the master chief helmet that would be kinda cool! But yeah if you need any info don't be scared to ask me. I'm back home now so I should be good reply faster:p

Rick: What could be a Harder wood then Poplar? I worked in a Cabnet shop, and I couldn't stand poplar, I used Oak for everything I was aloud too, Or Walnut, that stuff was decent to work with on Curio Cabnets.

@Rog Survivor. We don't want you to out grow your armor before you get it. :p

@Jester, I use the JANKA scale, the lower the number the softer the wood. Poplar rates in at 540 in hardness. white oak at 1360 and walnut at 1010. Bass wood which is a wood alot of carveers use is rated at 410. The problem I have with Blade weaapons is that its easy to dent or gouge when it takin it and out of the scabard alot.

So I talked to the guy who is helping me with the rapid prototyping and he said he won't be able to get to it until next week due to spring break...

Hey Ronster, don't worry just ship it when your done, I'll still be alive :p just take your time man :)
I love this guy, always has a positive attitude, no matter the situation. And of course you'll still be alive regardless of this body or another, the Law of Life is under the same rules as the Law of Energy and the Law of Matter; can not be destroyed, only made to change form.
All fear is illusion, walk straight through
Peace out

I started molding today!!!
Pictures in abit":
118gkfp.jpg

Ok status's have been updated in the 1st post and I contacted the following Members to check on the status. I will update when I get replies...

Knife: Lee - Unknown - PMed
Chest/ Back: misfitjh - Resined - PMed
Gauntlets: Ronster - Files being made - PMed
Cod: Liamthedevastator - Unknown - PMed
Thighs: MikyVengeance - Unknown - PMed
Shins: Rhinoc - Unknown - PMed
Undersuit: RoxyRoo - Unknown - PMed

We are down to a week(ish).

Ithica

P.S.
Brandon did anyone email you about possibly transporting the armor?

No, I havent received any email along those lines. It's a seriously long way to transport it. I was just going to ship it.

I got this message...I am editing their email but if you want it I can send it to you.

Transporter2011

Re:Matthieu ROG survivor

Hello there, I am a flight nurse, who actually got to meet Mathieu. He told me his story, and I got to see the beautiful tattoo he has gotten of his character ROG Survivor. Mathieu gave me this site to read about the wonderful idea of having his character made into a suit for him. I showed my husband this site and we were wondering where this suit is going to be shipped from. I realize it will be going to New Brunswick Canada, but we were wondering if you had arrangements made for transportation, for the suit once it is completed? My husband works for a transportation company, here in New Brunswick, and if possible we would try to help in any way to get this to Mathieu. I look forward to hearing from you. Our email address is "emailhere" and we would appreciate it if you could use this email address, as I only created a username/password to respond to you.
Thankyou, Chris & Tina​

Let me know if you need anything guys, we still have funds.
Several have made Donations in sense (If that's ok to say)

Jester I may pm you soon if duty gets to be expensive. For those sending stuff, please mark that the part is a gift or I have to pay duty on the declared value.

OK guys bad news.....I'm going to be late. I know that for sure but just don't know how late maybe a week. With all the little details this peace is a real pain to fiberglass, and with work getting in the way I only have so many hours to work on it. I'm still working full out and will go as fast as I can. I'll keep you informed of my progress, might even post a pic or two as well.

As expected... Got the paints shipped to me today so I can paint the DMR, and of course, most of them are the wrong color. But don't worry, I'll make the colors work. Hope you like chocolate brown grips Mat :D

Brandon, I shipped Fedex ground. I will check the tracking number tonight. should have recived it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back