Now it's our turn to do something amazing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, All I'll need to know is who will need build and or shipping funds, and what your paypals are if you have them. ( I recommend having them, even if it's just registered to a Pre pay visa.)

Message me or send me an Email, you do not have to give your personal info on here.

is there any word on paint or is brandon going to do the paint when he receives all the parts? its warm enuff here now for the next couple of days to where i could get the helmet done and painted or just primed either way is fine with me.

I think if the parts were perhaps primered with dupli-color primer that would work. That way I can have all matching colors and won't have any interference when trying to paint. I have the best access to a variety of dupli-color paints. It just ensures the best final product.

I think if the parts were perhaps primered with duplicator primer that would work. That way I can have all matching colors and won't have any interference when trying to paint. I have the best access to a variety of duplicator paints. It just ensures the best final product.

I agree. Primed parts is the best way to go, one painter= no flaws.

Cool primer it is. I pm'd Mat about his chest width so as soon as he gets back to me I'll get to work.

Jester1014: I tried to pm you my paypal info but your box is full LOL

ok cool ill finish up the helmet with padding and all the only thing i dont have for it is a good visor the one in it only has a small gold slit in the middle with the rest blacked out. Sense im 5'9 ill just put the padding to fit me snugg and it should be able to fit him just right..oh and brandon if you could send me you address again ill try and have the helmet sent out by wensday

ok cool ill finish up the helmet with padding and all the only thing i dont have for it is a good visor the one in it only has a small gold slit in the middle with the rest blacked out. Sense im 5'9 ill just put the padding to fit me snugg and it should be able to fit him just right..oh and brandon if you could send me you address again ill try and have the helmet sent out by wensday

Awesome this is the first update...

I have nothing at all to contribute but my best of wishes.

This is a TOP contribution for terminal patients, and something we can all give freely. This whole process is fantastic, my prayers and energy are with you.

A prayer for the project:
Dear Lord, we dedicate this build in the name of the highest good.
We leave behind our fear of death and embrace the courage of life everlasting.
We are all joined in Love, as one, and shall walk eternally in the light.
Amen.

Peace out

you i just noticed but out of 8 pages i don't think a mod or Adam has said a word. just an observation

Can I offer some advice about the weapons, Canadian customs aren't the nicest. Sometimes they wont let a prop weapon through, rarely they will. Knives are fine, but anything that looks like a gun will be opened, and halted if its too similar to a real one. This happens to airsoft weapons coming to Canada all the time. So something like a Lee or a Tactonyx might raise some suspicion in the customs offices.

The best way to get around this is to have the weapon builders in Canada, which I can do if you need me.
Another thing you could do, is make it look as toy like as possible when shipping it, or send it in parts.

I don't want to hamper this project, I think its great. Just want to make sure nobody's hard work goes to waste.

Can I offer some advice about the weapons, Canadian customs aren't the nicest. Sometimes they wont let a prop weapon through, rarely they will. Knives are fine, but anything that looks like a gun will be opened, and halted if its too similar to a real one. This happens to airsoft weapons coming to Canada all the time. So something like a Lee or a Tactonyx might raise some suspicion in the customs offices.

The best way to get around this is to have the weapon builders in Canada, which I can do if you need me.
Another thing you could do, is make it look as toy like as possible when shipping it, or send it in parts.

I don't want to hamper this project, I think its great. Just want to make sure nobody's hard work goes to waste.

Devious. you were reading my mind. I was thinking about that this morning. Any idea if it was marked as a movie prop, or along those lines?

For the Shipping Problem, you could put a sticker on it labeling it a "Prop -Non-Working- Replica of The Halo Video Games."
That should give customs a good idea as to what it is and explain it better.
Post a message on the outside of the box that states the intent of shipping. And, Just in case, put a letter in the package labelled "Attention Customs Agent " and then describe the item and why it is being sent to it's recipient.

Just an idea.

The thing is, the gangs up here smuggle real weapons in as movie props, yes they have licenses. Putting a sticker on it could help, I suppose we need to be as transparent as possible. Movie props are shipped in by people with licenses, and I don't think we want to go through the trouble of getting one of those. Jesters idea does make sense, it just can;t seem too suspicious.

Another reason suggesting to put the letter and descriptio in it. I know a bit of Canada's Gun a shipping laws. If it could be too much trouble, a point of contact could be added if Customs needs to ask questions. On the Shipping label, when I sent out for the Secret Santa project we had, the Label asked what was being shipped and it's Dollar Value, along with a detailed description of the item shipped. That was Registered shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back