"Halo4" ForgedReclaimer's Pepakura Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic of the combined shin and FJ/Para knee and properly scaled to each other.

ShinandFJ-ParaKnee.jpg

I changed the scale of the knee to fit into the shin. This is going to be scaled and unfolded at 480mm. Keep in mind that this is NOT for general release. FR owns these models and he has the final say on their release schedule. I only did this as a "proof of concept" of sorts to show how well his models fit together.

If it works, Its good lol.

One thing though, is the top of the knee able to be moved down to the mid level of the shin height and the star removed so its the same scale as a normal shin. I'm thinking about user friendly to knew and old members and i would rather sacrifice a good pepakuar viewer than a good scaling. If it cant be done it wont matter much, the problems fixed.

As far as release, if you both got it done (Arioch, Ral Partha) than i would submit both the files with appropriate tags for unfolder, and file combiner.

I know im asking a lot. But maybe when im done with the armour i'lll do something for the unfolders, don't know what.

If it works, Its good lol.

One thing though, is the top of the knee able to be moved down to the mid level of the shin height and the star removed so its the same scale as a normal shin. I'm thinking about user friendly to knew and old members and i would rather sacrifice a good pepakuar viewer than a good scaling. If it cant be done it wont matter much, the problems fixed.

OH! So like the antenna from the bicep right? That would work a lot better, I never would have thought of doing it that way. I really appreciate all this work you guys do for the rest of the community. You guys do a great job.

One thing though, is the top of the knee able to be moved down to the mid level of the shin height and the star removed so its the same scale as a normal shin.
I can easily remove the star. As for moving the top portion to the side, I'll give it a shot. I haven't tried the Ungroup feature but this is as good a time as any to use it.

I know im asking a lot.
Nah. Some of us prefer the unfolding aspect of this hobby.

EDIT:
@FR
Is this what you mean?

ShinandKneeComparison.jpg

Which one do you prefer? The top knee piece may look big but it's an optical illusion. It's the perspective but I only moved the parts and didn't change their sizes relative to each other.

Mine fits just like the one in Rals first pic. I dont know how to make it like his last post without going back into max, but ill poke around in there and see what I can do. And like Ral said it doesnt bother me, Im learning.... I just wish I could learn to model like this lol.

Ok, all done. Emailing it to you now. Its very similar to Rals. If I understand it right, the scaling should measure the height of the tallest piece. If thats correct, the shin will be just over 13 inches at default on this one.

Either one ral, if you want to send it ill add it to the package with Arioch's.

Thanks for figuring this thing out guys, the knees can finally be done with lol.

Hey Forged, just wondering..........did anybody unfold that revised female thigh yet? If not, I sort of unfolded it already since I needed to create the templates for my foam build and I can easily make it so that it will work for people doing the pep build.

If you still need it unfolded, let me know and I will e-mail you an unfolded female thigh. :)

Do you want the other knees packaged like this? And am I right in thinking there are no differences in right/left shins and knees?

Hey Forged, just wondering..........did anybody unfold that revised female thigh yet? If not, I sort of unfolded it already since I needed to create the templates for my foam build and I can easily make it so that it will work for people doing the pep build.

If you still need it unfolded, let me know and I will e-mail you an unfolded female thigh. :)

I was actually going to contact you about that since you told me you where doing it. Send the file and i'll update it.

Do you want the other knees packaged like this? And am I right in thinking there are no differences in right/left shins and knees?

If you want to you can, might be a little work though. And yes, the knees are symmetrical. But the shins are not, one thing i forgot to mention. when you guys build the combined files, just invert the knee and save the left side.

Well I used the right shin in the file I sent you.

I take it you want us to use the left shin, or just do both? It doesnt take very long to make this type of file, I can do right and left if you want.

.."invert the knee and save the left side"... Is there a photo of an example so I dont misinterpret this?

Ive got a few things to do today, but I think I could have them all done by this evening.

Well I used the right shin in the file I sent you.

I take it you want us to use the left shin, or just do both? It doesnt take very long to make this type of file, I can do right and left if you want.

.."invert the knee and save the left side"... Is there a photo of an example so I dont misinterpret this?

Ive got a few things to do today, but I think I could have them all done by this evening.

Take a few days if you want, no rush.

all the knee's are the same and the only file in need of flipping is the shin. just need a right and left file of the shin with a knee (don't need to flip knee). although if the knees geometry was flipped, causing the grey tone than yes invert the knee geometry, just to save ink.

The file you sent is perfect, just needs the left side. Just flip the model to make it either a left or right (the opposite of what you used) and save as a separate file with knee. I believe the shin you used was the right.

Alrighty Forged, I'll get you an unfolded version of the revised female thigh. :) Right now, since I did it for templates, it only uses 5 pieces of paper. haha Once I use ALL the pieces, it will take up more than that. :p

Also, by chance, are you making a female belt and forearm? I remember you saying that you were also making the torso. Someone has recently saved my butt by offering a helmet and boots for me to borrow so that's 2 more things I can cross off my list. Once I finish these thighs, all I will need is the forearm, bicep, belt and torso!!! :D Then of course the prosthetic arm, but I am working on that. :p

hey ral, what height did you scale your knee to fit perfectly with the shin...? im having a bit of trouble getting it right....

hey ral, what height did you scale your knee to fit perfectly with the shin...? im having a bit of trouble getting it right....
I used a 3D modeling software to combine the two files and then reduced the size of the knee to fit into the shin. I have yet to unfold the combined file but Arioch finished his.

Looking at the new shin file, it's ambidextrous. So why is there a left and right?
There is a shallow indentation on the outer side of the new shin file. On the left shin, the indentation is on the left outer side and on the right file, it's on the other.

ok, now I found it, it needs to be deeper like a quarter of an inch otherwise it's too tiny to be noticed(Even after pep).

Database Update: Finally, the shins are done. Thanks to Arioch and Ral all knees and shin should fit right no matter how you scale them. The original knee download is now removed and the new files are placed into the Shin download.

No new files to see at the end of this week, ill have something up soon.

@RoadWarrior
I know, probably a bad decision on my part to make it that thin, but i also didnt want to make it too big and noticeable of a detail because it really isn't in the game. I would go back and fix it but after all the work going on for the knee's and shins i would rather not do it again, it is a detail most overlook anyways.

Do you need shins+knees for the females?

Dammit. I just d/led and went over the files. When I inverted the pattern, some of pieces overlapped. I was tired and didnt notice at the time. Apologies for all the emails, but Ill have another for you shortly....

I will be needing that, yes. Although i need to make a new FJPARA to fit onto the female shin as it is a bit different in that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back