"Halo4" ForgedReclaimer's Pepakura Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome man! Been following your work and talking with you on deviantart, my username is rusten over there. If only I had caught your thread here too lol, I wouldn't have asked about the shins haha. But I was curious if you were doing a male and female full spartan suit. So now that I've checked here, my question was answered. I'll be definitely using many of your male spartan pieces for my own, if not ALL of your pieces lol. But my wife will probably be using all of your female pieces as well. Fantastic work man! Keep it up! I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

Nay, dinnae worry yourself about it. I'll still keep plugging away at it, practise makes perfect. My problem is that I'm a perfectionist and if I don't like my work I get disheartened. That's no reason for anyone else to say 'ah, Rosie's modelling that, I won't bother' xD

Edit: I see what you did thar!

What did i do?

One of the main reasons im scrapping the Gungnir anyways is i started on that helm before anything else and it was just making me mad. everything went wrong on that model from corrupted files to odd reference, so i just shelved it for later and moved on to Recon and AirAssualt, mostly Recon because I've always wanted to model that thing.

"i'll turn a blind eye to it." - Gungnir is named after the weapon carried by Odin, the Norse 'father-god'. Odin only had one eye :p

As for the Gungnir pains: I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've gone ahead and taken a bunch of images in Forge, I'll upload them to the Official Files Thread for you if you decide to un-shelve it, and in the meantime, I'll work on it myself xD

Gungnir is named after the weapon carried by Odin, the Norse 'father-god'. Odin only had one eye :p

"I ween that I hung on the windy tree, Hung there for nights full nine; With the spear (Gungnir) I was wounded, ad offered I was
To Odin, myself to myself, On the tree that none may ever know what rot beneath it runs - I took up the runes, shieking I took them, And forthwit back I fell"

- Odin, Poetic Edda, Hovamol, Stanza 139 & 140

I love mythology!!

*slips FR a ten-dollar bill, settles back to wait patiently for Air Assault so she can be Kat this year*

Im working on the Recon, Bicep and Cod right now, once the recons done I'll be starting the Air Assault. It shouldn't be too long if i can ever get that bicep going smoother.

Got half way through building your amazing thigh file and ran out of glue.... I almost cried..

But I can NOT wait until you release your other files! It will be an awesome day!
Thanks!

You did a great job on the file!
photo.jpg

Nice pep work. Im glad this is one of those files people can Actually build other than some of my past HD failures lol.

Let me know how they fit too, i have some concerns about the shape.

Small update, bicep on the way. I was sick for the past few days with a high fever but im ready to start work on it again. Also had a few delays last week because this is a shared computer and no one seemed to work that week.

Definitely fits at the top, nicely form fitting, but at the bottom it's a bit roomy. I do think that it being roomy is a good thing though.

I did learn that it's better to start with the detailed strip along the side and from there glue on more pieces. Trying to glue chunks together just ends up getting in the way and is very awkward.

Good to know. That's what i was worried about specifically was the bottom. but it was a choice between an exact as possible replica or more human built modifications. I leaned toward option A.

This is probably one of the last pieces of armor i'll actually update with pictures, most aother will just be uploaded without warning. Its just not a thread without some wips to entice people lol.

Early bald Shin model.

Calf.jpg

Dude my jaw dropped by the epicness of your files!

I can't wait to see more pics if you ever post more.

-Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back