Votes: 10 11.4%
  • waist of time

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • stupid idea

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the decal idea. Why not glue them to the outside of the visor. Sure, you would just see a blurry blob, but other people would see the HUD no problem.

Isn't that what is important?

I like the decal idea. Why not glue them to the outside of the visor. Sure, you would just see a blurry blob, but other people would see the HUD no problem.

I think what is most important is that when other people ask if they can wear your helmet, they say "wow! there's a HUD in here!!" I think putting it on the outside would be... well... not very good looking. But it is always a nice touch, for you and your new friends at your Halloween/comic con.

I've never been or seen anyone ask to wear a helmet. Actually, I take that back. Once when I had my helmet off, someone was asking about the helmet and I handed it to them to wear for a picture.

that was anotherthing i thought of and it might be the best option

I've never been or seen anyone ask to wear a helmet. Actually, I take that back. Once when I had my helmet off, someone was asking about the helmet and I handed it to them to wear for a picture.

Ha! I get asked all the time when ever I wear my stuff!

I made this a while ago and thought this might help.

Halo3Hudcopy.png

first of all, ^ HOLY CRAP!!!

second of all, if you want something really cool (and your sitting on a throne of cash) you may want to try this. 500 wing wangs though, but TOTALLY worth it

My idea was a static display that shines torwards you at a layer behing the visor, with multiple displays that can be changed.

I was actually trying on some motorcycle helmets in store the other day for a size check. Judging by the decal the manufacturers stick to the shields, some of the modulars are situated just about right for a HMD to be legible...

When making a hud system why not itnergrate a small camera into a vent or something and then you can hook it up to something so it projects into your visor. (May have to push back your helm a bit though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back